Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@MKSixer is he authorized to be giving away Stuff???
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Thanks for asking. I'm trying my best but it's tough. I thought I was going to have a panic attack driving to work this morning. I am not an anxious person. I can't imagine how people with anxiety issues are coping. I'm working from home as much as I can but I have to come in at least one day a week to sign checks to keep my vendors paid.

I don't want to make this another thread about the virus as I stopped reading them. The virus itself is scary, add my family issues with mom being high risk and dad just not getting it. My niece started her chemo a month ago so she is highly at risk. They have been going to Sloan in NYC for treatments but they - not sure if Sloan, the city or the state - don't want anyone going to the NYC location. They approved pediatric treatments at another Sloan location in NJ.

WTF? Make fun of women drivers, will you? I could use a diversion. Things are getting real. My roots and grays are showing. My pretty french manicure won't be pretty in a few weeks and my cleaning lady isn't essential. .... I hope the pool boy is considered essential.
I'm sorry your parents aren't getting it. My sister called mine on Monday and read them The Riot Act which got them straight. I can have her call yours, as well.

This is week two without a housekeeper and I think I'm better at it than she was. I may need to rethink this. :roll eyes:

Haircut? HA! I'll be sporting The Don King Look in about a week. I may cut it myself. All of it. Off.

And I'm sure you still look beautiful!!

Cheers-mk
Attached Images

Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15581.00
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      04-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #3588
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for asking. I'm trying my best but it's tough. I thought I was going to have a panic attack driving to work this morning. I am not an anxious person. I can't imagine how people with anxiety issues are coping. I'm working from home as much as I can but I have to come in at least one day a week to sign checks to keep my vendors paid.

I don't want to make this another thread about the virus as I stopped reading them. The virus itself is scary, add my family issues with mom being high risk and dad just not getting it. My niece started her chemo a month ago so she is highly at risk. They have been going to Sloan in NYC for treatments but they - not sure if Sloan, the city or the state - don't want anyone going to the NYC location. They approved pediatric treatments at another Sloan location in NJ.

WTF? Make fun of women drivers, will you? I could use a diversion. Things are getting real. My roots and grays are showing. My pretty french manicure won't be pretty in a few weeks and my cleaning lady isn't essential. .... I hope the pool boy is considered essential.
things getting lonely out there?
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15581.00
King Rudi13152.00
      04-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #3589
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
things getting lonely out there?
I'm talking about the service that opens it and maintains it LOL! My pool is my happy place.
      04-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #3590
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I'm talking about the service that opens it and maintains it LOL! My pool is my happy place.
Hahahaha you know i'm just playing with you, weather here is beautiful too I would love to go to the pool or a beach, but, corona :I
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15581.00
      04-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #3591
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Hahahaha you know i'm just playing with you, weather here is beautiful too I would love to go to the pool or a beach, but, corona :I

I know.
My beach week with the girls in early June. I really, really, hope things are back to normal by then. That week is my sanity. I wish I could go to the beach now. The ocean calms me.
      04-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #3592
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, I can appreciate the stress you are under right now.

I'll provide a diversion in the form of a story, but this is not making fun of women drivers, rather, this is a true story.

I was working at Deloitte at the time and was a manager there and one of the staff who I grabbed to work on my team just so happened not to have a car. I always seemed to manage to pick at least one staff who didn't have access to a car somehow, just my luck, but since I liked driving, I didn't really mind.

Anyways, said staff was a nice, smart asian girl, seemed to be intelligent and all is good. I volunteered to drive her to and from the engagement for the week or so we were there. It is somewhat crucial to the story to understand that while she didn't have access to a car, she DID have her license which meant that she had passed the grueling tests required and was therefore believed to possess all necessary skills to operate a 3+ ton weapon on the roads. Sadly, this was not the case.

One day, I'm driving her back, and I'm coming up on a transport truck who is moving slowly, much slower than I am, and he's in the left lane. No problem, its a two lane road, if he wishes to stay in the left I will pass on the right since he is not moving over...though I would have preferred for him to move over so I could pass properly.

Well, I get to about 1/4 to maybe 1/2 way up his right side when strong feelings of utter remorse evidently struck the truck driver hard, and he decided that he actually didn't belong in the left lane after all, and must ABSOLUTELY be in the right lane, and immediately - no time for checking mirrors. So all I see is the truck starting to come over...and I'm almost halfway up his side and accelerating. (You know, as an aside, I use the word "he" for the truck driver, but I didn't actually identify them, and based on the actions undertaken by said person, it could have just as well been a female too - just a thought that occurred to me now...previously I just assumed he was a guy).

Somewhat annoying, but not a big deal, I'm in the 335i, acceleration is reasonably decent, but what is truly fantastic are the brakes. And since I can decelerate a lot faster than I can accelerate, that is precisely what I did and avoided the accident.

So I look over at her and ask her if she's fine, because it was hard braking, and she says she is, but something to the effect of how did I know what to do? And I basically explained my rationale above and then she utters the following statement, and from memory, I quote:

"If that had been me, I don't know - I would have just closed my eyes and let go of the steering wheel".

I look at her quickly, glance back at the road and take a moment to make sure I heard what I thought I heard, and then look back at her. SHE WASN'T JOKING!

She honestly would have done that. That scares me. And there is your diversion.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15581.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #3593
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

ordered a zippo
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      04-02-2020, 11:58 AM   #3594
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
ordered a zippo
Not sure if you need to confess that. I'm not personally going to judge you for doing so.

Make no mistake - I didn't say I'm not going to judge you. I am. I do. I'm just not going to judge you more for deciding to order a zippo. It is your other life choices that I'm judging.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:23 PM   #3595
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Ordered a Tonal.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #3596
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Should I have Joe Exotic take out my cunt neighbor?
Only if you expect to have your $3k "disappear" along with the hit man. $3k is just enough to buy a tiger and weekends worth of meth for those folk.
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      04-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #3597
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Ordered a Tonal.
Jealous! I've been looking at them. When is your ETA/set up scheduled. Let us know what you think of it once they have it installed. Very curious about them.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #3598
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What the hell is tonal
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #3599
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

http://www.tonal.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What the hell is tonal
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #3600
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What the hell is tonal
Futuristic work out bad assery

https://www.tonal.com/workouts/?gcli...IaAmEfEALw_wcB
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #3601
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Jealous! I've been looking at them. When is your ETA/set up scheduled. Let us know what you think of it once they have it installed. Very curious about them.
Email said 2-4 weeks, but that's also in the FAQ as standard - they may be really quiet right now, they might be swamped - I'll find out soon I guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #3602
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
In my first marriage, I changed oil in my car every 2500 miles and put the used oil in my wife's car. I spun on a new filter, or course, on both.
Lol still recovering from that one...
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #3603
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Email said 2-4 weeks, but that's also in the FAQ as standard - they may be really quiet right now, they might be swamped - I'll find out soon I guess.
Curious concerning their team of in home installers during this time. I'm sure their sales are up, due to gyms closing, but wondering if their install guys are considered "essential" (cough - pawns) like the rest of us still going in to work.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #3604
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Curious concerning their team of in home installers during this time. I'm sure their sales are up, due to gyms closing, but wondering if their install guys are considered "essential" (cough - pawns) like the rest of us still going in to work.
Yeah - although not hard to do the job safely I hope - much like my pool guys - they came and mapped out the pool to begin construction next week. We just keep a safe distance.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #3605
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Oh some millenial bullshit like a peloton! Boo, get a squat rack.

Also have concept 2, schwinn carbon blue spin bike and wifes cyclops, dumbell rack, coupek dip station, power system calf, land mine, and trying to find appropriate cable machine.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 04-02-2020 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #3606
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Neanderthal.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #3607
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Ordered a Tonal.
I have a bowflex taking up space in my basement that I could have just given you
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 01:08 PM   #3608
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I have a bowflex taking up space in my basement that I could have just given you
Something I like about the tonal is it's pretty discrete and doesn't take up much space when not in use.
Appreciate 0