E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Vibration during low RPM

09-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
evssss1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F36 428i MSport Alpine White

Garage List
Vibration during low RPM

Hello Everyone.

I have just got a 2005 E90 325i sedan for a few weeks.

Very recently I started to notice that there are weird vibration (can feel from the wheel as well as the chair) when the car is at low RPM from around 1300-1600. It is pretty obvious at low speed especially when I need to keep that RPM uphill....

At first I thought it might be related to my rim and tyres as the front control arms and bushings had been replaced. Later on this has been isolated as I can reproduce the same vibration with my car in idle in N mode by pressing the gas pedal to that RPM range.

Would it be possible to be caused by aged engine mounts?

Also I started feeling it to getting more obvious after changing the oil. My garage used Motul 5w-40 for me. I knew nothing about oil at that moment until recently I come across some posts that BMW engines are quite picky on oil. Not sure if it is related as well.

Any ideas / comments welcome.

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
evssss1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Any idea? The problem is getting more obvious in this week. Anyway I will send it to garage to check up soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
killakill
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3,6th Gen Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by evssss1 View Post
Any idea? The problem is getting more obvious in this week. Anyway I will send it to garage to check up soon.
Hey ever find out what this is? I have the same issue
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
330idevil
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i ch. gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by evssss1
Hello Everyone.

I have just got a 2005 E90 325i sedan for a few weeks.

Very recently I started to notice that there are weird vibration (can feel from the wheel as well as the chair) when the car is at low RPM from around 1300-1600. It is pretty obvious at low speed especially when I need to keep that RPM uphill....

At first I thought it might be related to my rim and tyres as the front control arms and bushings had been replaced. Later on this has been isolated as I can reproduce the same vibration with my car in idle in N mode by pressing the gas pedal to that RPM range.

Would it be possible to be caused by aged engine mounts?

Also I started feeling it to getting more obvious after changing the oil. My garage used Motul 5w-40 for me. I knew nothing about oil at that moment until recently I come across some posts that BMW engines are quite picky on oil. Not sure if it is related as well.

Any ideas / comments welcome.

Many thanks!
I suggest changing ur spark plugs and ignition coils. Your 325i is probably about to have a misfire in one of the cylinders. Your mounts are fine. I just did mine ran me 210$ ( 6 coils n 6 ngk plugs) , it's easy you can do it your self.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
evssss1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Finally the garage replaced the engine mounts for me and all vibration issues went away. It cannot even feel any vibration at idle with engine on
Appreciate 0