BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

04-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #8867
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Fuck.....I'm posting my own popcorn.

This shit's about to get good.

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-13-2021, 10:10 AM   #8868
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Quote:
It's absolutely true and completely spot on. You're looking at it from the wrong the perspective. It may not be what you want, but you can get it. Life is always about give/take & compromise. You can have a date any night you want, you may not like the company, but you can get it. Being selective comes with it's own challenges.

Let me ask you this. Did you get your jacket back? Did you physically go get it yourself??? What were you saying about how this isn't true?
If it's not what/who I want, then I don't want it. It's that simple.

Last night is the perfect example. I wanted a certain person to hang out with, he didn't come over. I would have compromised with only hanging out for an hour of his time, not all night.

I didn't get what I wanted.
Ok, but his point was to say women can get any date arranged quicker and easier than guys, not when being selective. If the only objective is to go on a date, it is easier for women than men to get that arranged.

Also - this doesn't really have much to do with looks. I'm a tall, well-built guy with great hair at almost half his age, yet I'm envious of Rudi's ability to pull. It just comes more naturally to him I guess :
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick60089.00
      04-13-2021, 10:12 AM   #8869
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

PASSSSSSS the popcorn.

King Rudi I greatly appreciate your truth telling. I’ll say it, you say what’s on our minds often and take shots for it. If it bothered you, I know you’d quit but well done. There are always captains, and then there are those who actually run the ship. This King is not a capn
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #8870
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
If it's not what/who I want, then I don't want it. It's that simple.

Last night is the perfect example. I wanted a certain person to hang out with, he didn't come over. I would have compromised with only hanging out for an hour of his time, not all night.

I didn't get what I wanted.
But you could have, is my point. Situational-wise he wasn't feeling well.

Let's go this route. You walk in to a bar. No money. Do you think you'll go the entire night without a drink? Without someone asking for your number or a date?

Now, go be a man. Walk in to a bar without any money. Think you'll get a single drink, a phone number or an offer for a date?

Socially women hold all the cards. If you don't see this, then open your eyes. If a guy wants a date with you, whether you want it or not all depends on you. How is it that you aren't in control again?
Appreciate 2
Buug95917411.00
      04-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #8871
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
I'm going to get my quota today.

Attachment 2578581
You're going to piss yourself off is what you are going to do. Being cutesy doesn't work with me.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
      04-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #8872
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

A few years ago a group of friends and I were out having a couple of drinks. It was a well mixed group with some couples but mostly just friends, both male and female. The conversation came around to this very subject and after some discussion one of the ladies said something that pretty much ended the debate. She said that when it comes to going out and looking to "hook up" a man goes out hoping to get lucky while a woman decides before she goes out whether she will get lucky or not. There was general agreement that what she said was absolutely true. I doubt things have changed very much in that regard. LadyJane's comment seems to support this idea as well.
MKSixer34184.50
Lady Jane70865.50
      04-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #8873
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
But I totally believe everyone about the current dating pool - one of my best friends is single and hates it. I feel bad for him - it is probably only going to get worse, until you get old enough to find the widows, divorced because cheated on, etc. But that's probably mid - late 40's window I'm guessing.
Yeah, they say dating after 40 is like trying to find the least beaten toy at deserted playground at night... I am not native but you get the point... ;-)
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Tommy-G4490.50
      04-13-2021, 10:34 AM   #8874
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
A few years ago a group of friends and I were out having a couple of drinks. It was a well mixed group with some couples but mostly just friends, both male and female. The conversation came around to this very subject and after some discussion one of the ladies said something that pretty much ended the debate. She said that when it comes to going out and looking to "hook up" a man goes out hoping to get lucky while a woman decides before she goes out whether she will get lucky or not. There was general agreement that what she said was absolutely true. I doubt things have changed very much in that regard. LadyJane's comment seems to support this idea as well.
It hasn't - I heard this from a few girl friends in college!
Appreciate 1
Buug95917411.00
      04-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #8875
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
A few years ago a group of friends and I were out having a couple of drinks. It was a well mixed group with some couples but mostly just friends, both male and female. The conversation came around to this very subject and after some discussion one of the ladies said something that pretty much ended the debate. She said that when it comes to going out and looking to "hook up" a man goes out hoping to get lucky while a woman decides before she goes out whether she will get lucky or not. There was general agreement that what she said was absolutely true. I doubt things have changed very much in that regard. LadyJanes comment seems to support this idea as well.
Exactly.
Appreciate 1
Buug95917411.00
      04-13-2021, 10:42 AM   #8876
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetpro View Post
Yeah, they say dating after 40 is like trying to find the least beaten toy at deserted playground at night... I am not native but you get the point... ;-)
That's pretty good!

At the same time, I remember playing with other kids toys as a kid, that I didn't have, and always enjoyed them. Everything is about perspective. Change your point of view, change the world. I've found at 40+ there are lots of toys out there that haven't been played with very much. Then there are some that got played with, but were never handled with the touch of someone who has a true appreciation for toys.

And playgrounds at night are way more fun than during daylight hours.
Appreciate 4
      04-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #8877
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
jackpot!!!
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917411.00
MKSixer34184.50
      04-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #8878
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I'm going to get my quota today.

Attachment 2578581
Quote:
You're going to piss yourself off is what you are going to do. Being cutesy doesn't work with me.
I find it very interesting that Lady Jane *claims* to hate trolls, and then promptly posts a pic suggesting she is trolling...a little hypocritical perhaps?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #8879
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ahhhhh....Like to dish it out but can't take it? And who said it was about you Cinderella? Did you get a matching shoe size?

I was new on this forum and you called me psychotic for some joke some one else had made. Did I get upset? NO, because I have a sense of humor.

Now, if you have a pickle up your arse today, deal with it. If 'cutesy' doesn't work for you, maybe the temperament of a tired Irish nurse will put you in your place.

Now, all joking aside, you can send me a PM. XO
No, I'm an equal opportunity kinda asshole. I take it just as well as I give it.
I don't recall calling you "psychotic" but I wouldn't put it past you to boil a bunny rabbit. Just funny that you happen to reply to me and make such comments as "short, skinny and bald." Honestly, not bothered by any of it. I'm only short to amazons, I'm bald by choice as I shave it and I worked my ass off to look how I do, the only one who sees me with my shirt off isn't complaining.

I'm a type A personality who is (to borrow a line from a fellow forum member) in a state of perpetual disappointment from others, I always have a pickle up my ass. Only those who want to provoke the dragon get to see the flames. In 44 years on this planet, I've yet to meet anyone who put me in my place aside from the officers that arrested me, I doubt that a nurse is going to do it.

I'll pass on the PM. Thanks though.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
Lady Jane70865.50
      04-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #8880
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Do guys really only hang out with women FOR WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?!
Well, I met my wife drunk AF in Vegas so technically I saw 3 or 4 of her. Looks def helped but the second night we went to dinner and talked until 5am.
Nowadays, we appreciate each others silence
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      04-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #8881
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Let's go this route. You walk in to a bar. No money. Do you think you'll go the entire night without a drink? Without someone asking for your number or a date?

Now, go be a man. Walk in to a bar without any money. Think you'll get a single drink, a phone number or an offer for a date?

Socially women hold all the cards. If you don't see this, then open your eyes. If a guy wants a date with you, whether you want it or not all depends on you. How is it that you aren't in control again?
Yes. Possibly, I'm more unapproachable than you realize.

A month ago, same girlfriend and I went to a bar. We saw a guy sitting by himself with his laptop, probably studying or some work shit. He gets up and goes to the bathroom. Girlfriend grabs a napkin and the bartender's pen, jots down her name and number and puts it on his laptop. He comes back from the restroom and doesn't approach either one of us. He did, eventually text her later on. But it does happen to guys.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #8882
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

whoa whoa whoa

What's happening in here? Let's all just get back to laughing at my friendship/dating woes.
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane70865.50
      04-13-2021, 11:39 AM   #8883
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Possibly, I'm more unapproachable than you realize.

A month ago, same girlfriend and I went to a bar. We saw a guy sitting by himself with his laptop, probably studying or some work shit. He gets up and goes to the bathroom. Girlfriend grabs a napkin and the bartender's pen, jots down her name and number and puts it on his laptop. He comes back from the restroom and doesn't approach either one of us. He did, eventually text her later on. But it does happen to guys.
It does happen to guys. I don't disagree with this. It used to happen to me. I relate with the unapproachable bit too. I'm told that I intimidate women, so I understand. Good on your friend for being forward. More women should be this way, but 90% are not. Perhaps if she had given her number to him herself, rather than leaving an anonymous note, he would have texted more quickly. Most attractive women aren't forward. This leaves men thinking that some ugly chick wants their attention. Men LOVE attractive women who know what they want and aren't afraid to go after it.

Either way, if you don't realize you hold all the cards; I could turn you into an absolute demon.

Quote:
whoa whoa whoa

What's happening in here? Let's all just get back to laughing at my friendship/dating woes.
Sara, it's not all about you. Sorry, but it's true. 400+ pages deep and this thread isn't about you.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #8884
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It does happen to guys. I don't disagree with this. It used to happen to me. I relate with the unapproachable bit too. I'm told that I intimidate women, so I understand. Good on your friend for being forward. More women should be this way, but 90% are not. Perhaps if she had given her number to him herself, rather than leaving an anonymous note, he would have texted more quickly. Most attractive women aren't forward. This leaves men thinking that some ugly chick wants their attention. Men LOVE attractive women who know what they want and aren't afraid to go after it.

Either way, if you don't realize you hold all the cards; I could turn you into an absolute demon.
Well the full story was, he was alone on his laptop for a while. After she had put her number on his laptop and he came back from the restroom not even 5 minutes later a women in scrubs walks in and sat at the table with him. We thought, fuck he's got a girlfriend. Then, two more people joined their group. Turns out he's single and those were just his friends, however he turned out to be a pompous ass and he immediately asked for a underwear pic from her when he texted her. She never responded to him. This is what we're dealing with in New Orleans....no actual decent men. Just fuck boys.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2021, 11:46 AM   #8885
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Sara, it's not all about you. Sorry, but it's true. 400+ pages deep and this thread isn't about you.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #8886
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
No, I'm an equal opportunity kinda asshole. I take it just as well as I give it.
I don't recall calling you "psychotic" but I wouldn't put it past you to boil a bunny rabbit. Just funny that you happen to reply to me and make such comments as "short, skinny and bald." Honestly, not bothered by any of it. I'm only short to amazons, I'm bald by choice as I shave it and I worked my ass off to look how I do, the only one who sees me with my shirt off isn't complaining.

I'm a type A personality who is (to borrow a line from a fellow forum member) in a state of perpetual disappointment from others, I always have a pickle up my ass. Only those who want to provoke the dragon get to see the flames. In 44 years on this planet, I've yet to meet anyone who put me in my place aside from the officers that arrested me, I doubt that a nurse is going to do it.

I'll pass on the PM. Thanks though.
You know how there are some people who are single for a very obvious reason, and it has everything to do with their personality rather than their looks, confidence, etc? The ones who put other people down to try to build themselves up? And then claim the reason they are single is because they have "life goals" they want to accomplish rather than doing some deep self introspection? Yeah...

Basically just have to ignore them because you aren't going to change them.

On a totally different note, I'm pretty stuck on what I should do when my lease is up in November. I don't think I'm going to buyout the S6, but was coming home from the office around midnight last night and did a launch start to bring a smile to my face and I realize I might just miss this car if I give it back.

In the back of my mind, I'm considering trying to find a short term lease on a VW Golf R in stick for a year or two until the cars I'm interested in become readily available. Any experience on the R?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      04-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #8887
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Can I not be in someone's ass? Thanks

I like you guys but as friends only
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15762.50
King Rudi13154.00
UncleWede18028.00
      04-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #8888
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well the full story was, he was alone on his laptop for a while. After she had put her number on his laptop and he came back from the restroom not even 5 minutes later a women in scrubs walks in and sat at the table with him. We thought, fuck he's got a girlfriend. Then, two more people joined their group. Turns out he's single and those were just his friends, however he turned out to be a pompous ass and he immediately asked for a underwear pic from her when he texted her. She never responded to him. This is what we're dealing with in New Orleans....no actual decent men. Just fuck boys.
I have to say, I'm amazed at the quality, or should I say lack thereof of potential candidates down there. I'm sorry. I will say that most men act like this because it works for them. I'm not saying it's you or your friends, but everything in a persons personality is based off conditioning. If a guy wants to get laid, and he does XYZ, then gets laid; he now thinks this is an acceptable from of behavior in order to get laid. Doesn't mean that it's acceptable, it's just science.

Quote:
Oh come on. I'm not being mean to you today, I'm just matter of fact. No need to be mad.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-13-2021 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00