BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Is anyone else having throttle issues??

12-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #265
King_Leonard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I'm not sure if I would say "normal" as it should be.. But it's there in the only one other m35i I drove. It isn't there in the older generation X1 so I'm assuming it's another push for fuel economy etc and it's programmed in there. I used to experience very brutal stop and go every day on the highways and every second counts before another dbag cuts you off. Also feeling this happen over and over again is annoying so I stuck with sport mode, and frankly like I mentioned before I always leave it that way with the combination of the pedal tuner and I'm happy with the response. I only flip to manual paddle shifters or "sports sharp" when I'm having fun and have plenty of time to goof off.
Guess I'll have use Bimmercode to change the default to sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 04:49 AM   #266
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

okay, so here i am again and i'm a bit confused on sport-sport. rather, there is the regular sport mode lever thing by the gear shift but how do you change the transmission response separately? or what do you guys mean by sport-sport rather than just the regular sport that i'm able to change using the toggle by the gear shifter?
      12-04-2020, 05:32 AM   #267
Glen e
Retired from BMWNA
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X2 m35i

Gear shifter to left -and the button for sport -is sport-sport
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2020, 09:02 AM   #268
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
In sport (button only) dampers stiffen if you have the adjustable kind, steering response is a little better IMHO and the throttle is faster but you can still get some lag. I tend to roll my foot into the accelerator and don't have a real problem and only drive in sport mode. When you move the gear shift to the left, throttle response improve and the shift points are higher. the computer keeps the car revving and thus no turbo lag. I tend to forget about the gear shift but when I do and I start smiling like an idiot. I have started to move the lever when I really need a real fast shot of acceleration like merging or turning at at a busy intersection (or when I just want to go really fast)
I haven't driven much in comfort and then move the gear shift to sport and I tend to not use the paddles. This is the first daily driver I have had in a long time that wasn't a manual. And to speak some heresy I probably won't go back to a stick. I am old and enjoy the ease of driving (yes I am getting lazy)

Anyway enjoy the car and start driving it when you can
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #269
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

thanks for the tips, guys!
      02-05-2023, 11:50 PM   #270
wayman519
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 N52 6MT A51

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
2009 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Having recently tested an X3 M40i, I can report it has that delay too...

Is there any reason why BMW programs this delay into its cars?

Wish some tech wunderkind out there could work out how to code this out of these cars.

I've never tried those power-increasing chip tunes for the ECU. Does anyone know if those improve these programmed delays?
I noticed when the car is in gear and you are stopped. The transmission goes into neutral to save gas. Then when you letup on the brake it goes back into gear(ASS disabled). When i put the transmission into sport mode it no longer goes into neutral but rather holds torque forward like a normal car. If the car is also set to sport mode the throttle response has no delay. This is how I achieve the rated 0-60 time.
Appreciate 0