BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Transmission Fluid Reccomendations

02-22-2024, 08:30 PM   #1
Rbnsingh
Rep
Drives: X2, X3

Transmission Fluid Reccomendations

Hello, my late 2017 X2 with 57000km is giving me a check drivetrain message. I had my neighbour scan it, and he said that it's just saying that the transmission fluid has exceeded its shelf life. Apparently BMW Lifetime means 120k km or 7 years, which is consistent with this diagnosis. BMW says they wont be able to get the transmission fluid for 8-10 weeks so I have been looking for alternatives. I was reccomended this in a facebook group. I wanted to confirm if this Redline Red Line D6 ATF is compatible with my X2? can anyone confirm?

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/product...RoC7NgQAvD_BwE
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 02:27 PM   #2
andylew0
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 S 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbnsingh View Post
Hello, my late 2017 X2 with 57000km is giving me a check drivetrain message. I had my neighbour scan it, and he said that it's just saying that the transmission fluid has exceeded its shelf life. Apparently BMW Lifetime means 120k km or 7 years, which is consistent with this diagnosis. BMW says they wont be able to get the transmission fluid for 8-10 weeks so I have been looking for alternatives. I was reccomended this in a facebook group. I wanted to confirm if this Redline Red Line D6 ATF is compatible with my X2? can anyone confirm?

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/product...RoC7NgQAvD_BwE

Hi I had the same light pop up 2018 2.0 sdrive with 33 thousand miles on it. Got round to changing the oil today.

But can not find a way to reset the notification on the dashboard. Can’t find anything on Bimmerlink or BimmerCode or on any of the forums on how to reset the light.

Did you manage to get it resolved. ?

Thanks Andy.
Appreciate 0