X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) 2022 X2 M35i

04-25-2022, 10:29 PM   #1
gars
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive Gran Coupe

2022 X2 M35i

I wanted to post here and give you my opinion on this car.

After a long list of BMW's (about 7, including E39 M3, E46 M3, the f version of M3, X5, X3, X1, X4, 440i, 330xi, can't remember the rest), i decided to get AR Stelvio Ti Sport. Make a long story short, the engine blew out, while AF was in a shop (without a loaner) I got lucky and picked up a Z4 M40i off Swapalease for $660 a month. Since I needed a second car I decided to get an X2 M35i for every-day transportation. Picked her up last Friday at BMW Performance Center and drove it to NYC.

It's Monday and I can't stop driving it. It's an angry little ball of energy that just says drive me. This car is absolutely fantastic. Even on Brooklyn streets I do not find it punishing or extremely harsh. I found my former X4M absolutely undrivable in NYC, the ride was so harsh i never found myself wanting to drive it unless I needed to. The X2 is just amazing. It is so lively, so angry, and so perfectly proportioned that all its faults do not matter. Yes, the torque steer is there, yes, the engine needs to live higher in the range but all in all it's fantastic. As a means for every-day driving, I don't think I will get bored of it.

Just wanted to give you my 2 cents on this amazing car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 10:36 PM   #2
gars
Rep

2022 X2 M35i

Also, for all of you who have older iDrive systems and want Android Auto, Bimmertech MMI works well. I ordered it before I picked up my car and installed it as soon as I got back. Took me about an hour, it's an easy install.

The system is not as seamless as AA in iDrive 7, like in my Z4, but it does the job for me. I personally can't drive without AA as i have all my apps like Sirius, Waze, iHeart and Souncloud on AA and I can't live without it. So for me, Bimmertech did not disappoint.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 11:16 PM   #3
r3amir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post

After a long list of BMW's (about 7, including E39 M3, E46 M3, the f version of M3, X5, X3, X1, X4, 440i, 330xi, can't remember the rest), i decided to get AR Stelvio Ti Sport. Make a long story short, the engine blew out, while AF was in a shop (without a loaner) I got lucky and picked up a Z4 M40i off Swapalease for $660 a month. Since I needed a second car I decided to get an X2 M35i for every-day transportation. Picked her up last Friday at BMW Performance Center and drove it to NYC.

It's Monday and I can't stop driving it. It's an angry little ball of energy that just says drive me. This car is absolutely fantastic. Even on Brooklyn streets I do not find it punishing or extremely harsh. I found my former X4M absolutely undrivable in NYC, the ride was so harsh i never found myself wanting to drive it unless I needed to. The X2 is just amazing. It is so lively, so angry, and so perfectly proportioned that all its faults do not matter. Yes, the torque steer is there, yes, the engine needs to live higher in the range but all in all it's fantastic. As a means for every-day driving, I don't think I will get bored of it.

Beautiful car
2006 325i Arctic Metallic
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 12:12 AM   #4
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Congrats! Still loving mine. I’m okay with the half screen Apple Car Play. I have waze on the left and spotify on the right. Not sure I want to spend the money to make it full screen.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 01:25 AM   #5
gars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Congrats! Still loving mine. I’m okay with the half screen Apple Car Play. I have waze on the left and spotify on the right. Not sure I want to spend the money to make it full screen.
This is for Android Auto since I have a Pixel and don't use iPhones. I would not care if I had a half screen with Car Play. X2 did not come with android auto, so I had to install it.
Appreciate 1
chowser512025.00
      04-26-2022, 07:21 AM   #6
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
Enjoy the ride. I agree with you, great car that has way more pros, than cons. As an Android guy myself I sympathize. I have navigation so I get by but agree I wish it had AA. On the other hand I like my 2019 I literally just sent BMWFS the check to buy it at the end of my lease. when the 2023 comes out (X1M35) or the 2024(X2M35) I will explore them since the electronics will all be upgraded. This assumes of course that supply chain stuff goes away or is minimized.

In any event, beautiful car, have fun driving it, stay safe. This really feeds my adolescent side (even old guys have that)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 09:58 PM   #7
B0i1da
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post

Where in NYC if you want to come to a car meet all grown crowd in queens let me know I haven't seen anyone else with a m35i
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 08:31 AM   #8
gars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0i1da View Post
Where in NYC if you want to come to a car meet all grown crowd in queens let me know I haven't seen anyone else with a m35i
I am in Sheepshead Bay.
Appreciate 0