BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) So much for raising the X1 for winter..

04-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #23
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

More pics I took during install.

Love the easily removed drip tray in front of the windscreen. Two clips and the whole thing just pops off.

And a pic of the camber adjustment bolt.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #24
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proper View Post
Thanks for the info, just waiting on my wheels to arrive than I will be digging into this myself.
You should have no problem getting the stance you want with the KW's. Seems to me it's pretty easy to dump this thing if you want to.

One more shot of the whole rear installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #25
Proper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 M-Sport

Awesome! This will be super helpful! Thanks again! Stay tuned for my build.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #26
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Had the final alignment done today. Car rides and handles great.
One thing I noticed is every now and then when accelerating from a standing stop there appears to be a slight vibration for a split second throughout the vehicle. Almost feels like drive shaft shimmy but it can only be the front halfshafts.

Checking the KW booklet that came with the kit I am well within the recommended lowering range so I wonder if maybe the CV joints will "wear" in over time. I've never experienced this with any other FWD vehicle I've lowered even when go beyond recommended specs. What's worse is that my wife is the one who pointed out earlier in the week as she was driving it more than me.

Overall my final lowering dimension from bottom lip of rim to bottom fender edge is 24.6inches front and rear. Approx. 15" from center hub to lower fender edge.

Will keep you posted on ride quality and that vibration that is felt sometimes.

Overall very pleased with the handling and the ride comfort. The ride turned out much more compliant than I expected.

Proper- I will be interested to see if you feel anything once you get your KW's on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-16-2024, 02:53 PM   #27
Leaftors
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 2017

These look awesome. I have the exact same car and wheels. It’s an m sport right? Do you have an exact link to the suspension? Did it come with the springs? What’s the total cost of them? I also noticed these drop lower than bilsteins, is that true?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 09:48 PM   #28
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftors View Post
These look awesome. I have the exact same car and wheels. It’s an m sport right? Do you have an exact link to the suspension? Did it come with the springs? What’s the total cost of them? I also noticed these drop lower than bilsteins, is that true?
This is a complete coilover kit which includes the struts/shocks/springs. The KW part# is 102200BN
You can order them on kwsuspensions.com

Not sure if there is a Bilstein kit, i've only ever used KW, Ohlins and Blitz kits. KW by far is the best bang for the buck and the quality is top notch.
Appreciate 0