BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Samsung Galaxy S7 Flex

04-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Samsung Galaxy S7 Flex

Anyone tried this phone with the various functions within ConnectedDrive? Does it work? I'm due an upgrade and am thinking of ditching Apple.

BMW compatibility website suggests the S7 (non flex) works fine but has no data on the flex (if it's different!)
      04-05-2016, 04:43 AM   #2
X1PGK
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 20d X Drive X Line 2016

You could check on the BMW website. It gives lists of phones and what they will do, either Bluetooth or USB. I'd be suprised if it did sinc through the USB because Android is a second class citizen as far as BMW it's concerned. I've been through it myself and found out the hard way. Expected a fairly new Samsung galaxy to be supported and it's not. Only got Bluetooth connection, which is ok but not what I expected.
Appreciate 0