BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Side view mirrors sometimes changing positions?

03-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #1
Jantzen
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

Side view mirrors sometimes changing positions?

My wife noted that her side view mirrors seem to move after the car sits for an extended time - she thought that she may be bumping the pad on the arm rest or someone bumped them (even though they are usually turned in when parked) - but then I found this thread - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=904137

Didn't see any mention of it over here. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

She only uses her key fob and is not taking a different one (which would change the presets). Also her X1 is a January 2016 build, U.S. spec.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:00 AM   #2
nickrice20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive

Same problem here. But my issue is the seats and exterior mirrors. The mirrors generally will both be pointed almost directly down. Just like the passenger mirror points down in reverse, but both mirrors are pointing down when I enter the vehicle. I am pretty sure it is a software malfunction. But it is hard to duplicate and it will never do it if a BMW tech is standing around the car. So it is impossible to prove that something is wrong.

http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1235379
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 05:45 AM   #3
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrice20 View Post
...it will never do it if a BMW tech is standing around the car
Is there any car from any manufacturer that doesn't do that?!!

Seriously though, I've not had any issues with mine. Manual seats, electric folding mirrors and I also use the the tilt-in-reverse curb assist feature. Only one active profile/driver on iDrive.

Do you guys have memory seats and/or multiple driver profiles? Could it be that your wife accidentally used your key fob?

Have you tried resetting the seat/mirrors memory positions from scratch? What about resetting the two profiles completely?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:05 AM   #4
nickrice20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive

Do you guys have memory seats and/or multiple driver profiles?
Yes and yes, 2 profiles

Could it be that your wife accidentally used your key fob?
No way, I would notice if I used and my wife's FOB considering there is about 3kg of crap connected to it lol and she would notice as well because I only have one key attached to my FOB.

Have you tried resetting the seat/mirrors memory positions from scratch?
Yes with no luck

What about resetting the two profiles completely?
I have deleted my profile and re-loaded all settings hoping this was the problem. It only happens on my profile. I have not tried deleting my wife's profile and mine at the same time. Will give that a go.
Appreciate 0