BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Help Me Build My X1 Please!!

03-18-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
LDRX1
Rep
Drives: F48

Exclamation Help Me Build My X1 Please!!

Hi all! I need to order my company car, and I`ve opted for a X1! Now I`m struggling a bit with the configuration (it`s been 3 weeks!!) - I`m hesitating with a low trim but with all big options or a better trim (XLINE/MSPORT) but with only few options left in mu budget... What would you do? I`m thinking of:

X1 sdrive 18d SE trim with:
-Navigation plus pack (8 inch screen, HUD, etc)
-Drive assist or drive assist+
-Advanced LED
-Beige dakota leather or sunroof + cloth sport seats
-Ext satin alu trim
-Electronic damper control
-Sport steering assist

or sdrive 18d Xline with:
-either: Navigation pack +, cruise control, electronic damper control, sport steering assist
-or remove the Navigation pack which is worth £1000 and replace by other smaller options...

Please give me your thoughts/suggestions...
Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
ndroy2006
Gunner man
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 Msport 40

Hi, I would go for the Xline option, looks much nicer and comes with loads extra standard. You get Navigation standard anyway but if you can go for Nav plus with the HUD it's really cool and worth it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
X1PGK
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 20d X Drive X Line 2016

Wouldn't worry about the electronic damper control. Perfectly good without.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
LDRX1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndroy2006 View Post
Hi, I would go for the Xline option, looks much nicer and comes with loads extra standard. You get Navigation standard anyway but if you can go for Nav plus with the HUD it's really cool and worth it!!
Thanks mate... This was my original config: Xline + nav pack +... I love all the tech options though, that`s why I`m hesitating to trade down to SE to have more of them... But the XLine trim is just so nice (in and out)...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 25d xLine MG

Certainly go for the Nav+ to get the HUD. It is excellent although an expensive option.
The sliding rear seats are really useful but that entirely depends on how often you carry passengers and/or loads of luggage. The thing I regret I missed off was the extended Bluetooth. I would have liked the additional 'spoken instructions' facility for the nav system. In any event IMO you have chosen a really good car and won't be disappointed with what ever you get.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
LDRX1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluezed View Post
Certainly go for the Nav+ to get the HUD. It is excellent although an expensive option.
The sliding rear seats are really useful but that entirely depends on how often you carry passengers and/or loads of luggage. The thing I regret I missed off was the extended Bluetooth. I would have liked the additional 'spoken instructions' facility for the nav system. In any event IMO you have chosen a really good car and won't be disappointed with what ever you get.
Thanks for your feedback!

-So you think XLine + Nav + or SE line, Nav+ and other options... So you think options are worth sacrificing the Xline trim?? BTW, Strangely I can`t find the option to tick (sliding rear seats)...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRX1 View Post
Thanks for your feedback!

-So you think XLine + Nav + or SE line, Nav+ and other options... So you think options are worth sacrificing the Xline trim?? BTW, Strangely I can`t find the option to tick (sliding rear seats)...
The sliding seats are standard now. Apart from sliding you also get the electric release in the boot for folding the seat backs.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

I'm considering an X1 for my next company car too.

I had a 18d x-drive auto in the Sport line on loan for a week to test it out. For reference my current car is an F30 M-Sport with lots of kit...

Sliding seats are standard now, the flip-down latches are very convenient and make utilising the full capacity of the car very easy. IMO, you can do without EDC, the std suspension was very comfy and not crashy compared to my current car.

For me, the sports seats are a must...I've sat in a std x-line and really didn't get on with the seats. The sports seats are slightly smaller than the ones in my F30 but were very comfy indeed.

The X1 I had on loan had the std nav and I much prefer the professional media (& enhanced nav) on my F30 - for that reason, the upgraded nav/media option is a must. The fact they throw in the HUD on the X1 is a massive plus IMO. I can confirm that speed limit display was std on the car too...another bonus!

One thing I specced on my F30 but has been the biggest waste of money (again, IMO) is Enhanced Bluetooth...so that won't be being considered for the X1.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #9
LDRX1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
I'm considering an X1 for my next company car too.

I had a 18d x-drive auto in the Sport line on loan for a week to test it out. For reference my current car is an F30 M-Sport with lots of kit...

Sliding seats are standard now, the flip-down latches are very convenient and make utilising the full capacity of the car very easy. IMO, you can do without EDC, the std suspension was very comfy and not crashy compared to my current car.

For me, the sports seats are a must...I've sat in a std x-line and really didn't get on with the seats. The sports seats are slightly smaller than the ones in my F30 but were very comfy indeed.

The X1 I had on loan had the std nav and I much prefer the professional media (& enhanced nav) on my F30 - for that reason, the upgraded nav/media option is a must. The fact they throw in the HUD on the X1 is a massive plus IMO. I can confirm that speed limit display was std on the car too...another bonus!

One thing I specced on my F30 but has been the biggest waste of money (again, IMO) is Enhanced Bluetooth...so that won't be being considered for the X1.

Steve
Hi Steven,
Many thanks for your feedback... And do you think xdrive is a must? I think it`s quite irrelevant most of the year and save some money...
Also would you take SE trim and as much options as possible or Xline with 1 or 2 major options? I think that`s my biggest question...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #10
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Well...I wanted to test an x-line but BMW mucked up the reservation, hence me getting the Sport line on loan instead, so that may give an indication as to my preference.

I think in terms of std kit, the x-line is hard to pass up. I'm looking at an x-line, sports seats, nav+, harmon kardon, sun protection, the pack with cruise control (can't remember the name right now!)...my choices are between panoramic roof, metallic paint, folding mirrors...

With regards to xdrive, I'm not really fussed - the sdrive is front wheel drive and is more than good enough (had a play in one at my local dealership when the X1 was released).

The 18d engine surprised me tbh, I expected it to struggle with the extra weight of the X1 w/x-drive but it coped really well.

Last edited by sdb123; 03-18-2016 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 06:15 PM   #11
LDRX1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
Well...I wanted to test an x-line but BMW mucked up the reservation, hence me getting the Sport line on line instead, so that may give an indication as to my preference.

I think in terms of std kit, the x-line is hard to pass up. I'm looking at an x-line, sports seats, nav+, harmon kardon, sun protection, the pack with cruise control (can't remember the name right now!)...my choices are between panoramic roof, metallic paint, folding mirrors...

With regards to xdrive, I'm not really fussed - the sdrive is front wheel drive and is more than good enough (had a play in one at my local dealership when the X1 was released).

The 18d engine surprised me tbh, I expected it to struggle with the extra weight of the X1 w/x-drive but it coped really well.
Good to know, I think I`ll go for sdrive indeed, with same kind of options... Plus with chiptunning you can easily unleash its power (150 -> 180 hp)... Panoramic roof looks amazing while the jet black solid paint is really nice anyway...

Well thanks for your opinion, it did help
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #12
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRX1 View Post
Hi all! I need to order my company car, and I`ve opted for a X1! Now I`m struggling a bit with the configuration (it`s been 3 weeks!!) - I`m hesitating with a low trim but with all big options or a better trim (XLINE/MSPORT) but with only few options left in mu budget... What would you do? I`m thinking of:

X1 sdrive 18d SE trim with:
-Navigation plus pack (8 inch screen, HUD, etc)
-Drive assist or drive assist+
-Advanced LED
-Beige dakota leather or sunroof + cloth sport seats
-Ext satin alu trim
-Electronic damper control
-Sport steering assist

or sdrive 18d Xline with:
-either: Navigation pack +, cruise control, electronic damper control, sport steering assist
-or remove the Navigation pack which is worth £1000 and replace by other smaller options...

Please give me your thoughts/suggestions...
Many thanks!
Keep nav plus, regardless of the trim you're choosing. The HUD is a must have.

Forget the variable sport steering. Standard servotronic feels fantastic. It's perfectly weighted and feedback from the road couldn't be more precise.

Damper Control is pretty much useless with SE's 17" wheels. If you want it for comfort, the tyres already have tall sidewalls and the ride should be soft and comfortable. If you want it for sportiness, stiffening up the suspension in Sport mode isn't going to change the ride the way it does with 18" or 19" wheels.

The only recommendation I have regarding cosmetics is the matt oak trim available as extra with xLine. If you're going for xLine and can fit it in your budget, go for it.

I'd go with xLine, nav plus, DDC (if run flat tyres), driving assist and/or reverse camera. LED headlights and leather seats will be standard. Replace variable sport steering with matt oak trim.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #13
hart4bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive20i (2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
Keep nav plus, regardless of the trim you're choosing. The HUD is a must have.

Forget the variable sport steering. Standard servotronic feels fantastic. It's perfectly weighted and feedback from the road couldn't be more precise.

Damper Control is pretty much useless with SE's 17" wheels. If you want it for comfort, the tyres already have tall sidewalls and the ride should be soft and comfortable. If you want it for sportiness, stiffening up the suspension in Sport mode isn't going to change the ride the way it does with 18" or 19" wheels.

The only recommendation I have regarding cosmetics is the matt oak trim available as extra with xLine. If you're going for xLine and can fit it in your budget, go for it.

I'd go with xLine, nav plus, DDC (if run flat tyres), driving assist and/or reverse camera. LED headlights and leather seats will be standard. Replace variable sport steering with matt oak trim.
I fully agree with "KPD"
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #14
Kevinx1
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW E 84 X1 M Sport

Hi, I wanted to ask anyone who has the mocha leather option and brown lower dash trim if they are happy with it. I'm considering it rather than just all black interior. Looks very nice on posted pics. Also does the oak Matt trim have any brown under tones in it, or is it more black? Many thanks.
Appreciate 0