BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW E-sys coding for the f48 x1

09-01-2016, 05:01 AM   #155
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtespar View Post
Start stop remembering is standard in the U.S. and I am pretty sure I have seen others code this before it was standard.

I have tire pressure and temp coded in my X1. If I'm not mistaken, the x1 shows temperatures by default. The drunk Temp setting has to be changed to show both values.
Only the US cars remember the Stop Start settings. The rest of us have to code it.

Here we only get the tire pressure and have to code the temperature to show aswell
      09-01-2016, 05:05 AM   #156
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
My UK car already displays the tyre temperatures and pressures (as long as you are moving) in the Sports Displays screen; that didn't need to be coded. However it didn't remember the Auto-Start-Stop button setting between trips, so I coded that option as follows:
BODY - 3023 - TCM_MSA_MEMORY = nicht_aktiv (default) -> aktiv
It sounds like the default in the US is actually "aktiv" from the posts above.
Have never seen temps and pressures in the Sports Display.
Here you have to go to Vehicle Info and it only shows Pressures unless you code temps ( Have done this in other models but not X1 yet, so all our cars are the same)

Yes, US get the memory active for the Stop Start. The rest of us in the world have to code it.

Do you perhaps have a picture of the Temps and Pressures in the Sports Display ?
      09-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #157
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Tyre Temps in Sports Instrumnets

You shouldn't need to code to get the tyre temperatures in Sports Instruments: If you select the "OK" icon in the screen with the two dials you then get the option of displaying Vehicle Information, which gives the tyre pressure display, but with the temperatures as well. It also show external temperature, and whether the engine is Cold, OK or Hot

I've set this screen to one of the option buttons so I can get straight to it.

(Seems weird that you can't have this in the normal Vehicle Status tyre pressure display).

There's more detail on this in the electronic owner's manual (At least on the UK one!).
Appreciate 1
CliveL163.00
      09-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #158
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogit View Post
You shouldn't need to code to get the tyre temperatures in Sports Instruments: If you select the "OK" icon in the screen with the two dials you then get the option of displaying Vehicle Information, which gives the tyre pressure display, but with the temperatures as well. It also show external temperature, and whether the engine is Cold, OK or Hot

I've set this screen to one of the option buttons so I can get straight to it.

(Seems weird that you can't have this in the normal Vehicle Status tyre pressure display).

Thanks
Gave the owner a call an Im told its working as you said.

Havent had much time in a X1 to try out everything yet.
Also wonder why it only shows temperatures in that screen and not in vehicle info.

Now only need to code Auto Start stop to remember last setting
      09-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #159
lrd300
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 M Sport

So finally I hooked the laptop and managed to code the following:

Add Digital Speed LCD Display
Change i-Drive Animation to ///M Logo (only starts occasionally)
Enable Audible Chirp/Beep When Locking Car (removed again, quite annoying )
Display Tire Pressure & Temperature in Vehicle Info
Mirrors close when locking car.
Turn off radio and nav system if equipped when drivers door is opened.
Change Startup Screen LCD to ///M Performance (didn't work for me)

I would like to code so that it always start in Eco Pro instead of comfort. Anyone tried doing it ?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #160
Pristineship
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 X line sDrive 20i

Does radio/satnav turn off even if the engine is still running?

the locking beep should be banished even as an coding option, I have two morons parking right under my bedroom window who have an old hoopty but when they unlock the car my sleep is over (and they either come home at midnight or the other one goes to work at 5am)
Appreciate 1
simon.922.00
      09-02-2016, 02:04 AM   #161
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristineship View Post
No, but the coding option does save you having to press the Start button a second time to shut down the radio etc. Before coding, the radio would stay on until you got out of the car and locked it, or until you pressed the Start button again (with your foot off the brake). Now the car goes quiet when you open the door to get out, after shutting off the engine. I liked this coding option as it's how my previous BMWs worked, and having to press the Start button several times when stopping seemed unnecessary.

The only downside I find is that if you are stopping briefly, for example to fill up with fuel, then your passengers lose the radio when you get out to fill up. But you can off course switch the radio back on with the power on button...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 03:54 AM   #162
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristineship View Post

the locking beep should be banished even as an coding option, I have two morons parking right under my bedroom window who have an old hoopty but when they unlock the car my sleep is over (and they either come home at midnight or the other one goes to work at 5am)
Agree. Right PITA & no need for audible conformation on any car these days!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 04:03 AM   #163
Pristineship
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 X line sDrive 20i

the best lock confirmation are folded mirrors, anyway
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #164
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive20i MSport

A couple of problems

Well, just 4 days after getting my X1 I decided to try to code a few things.
I've successfully coded 2 previous BMWs I've owned with no problems.

However, this time I've hit a couple of issues and I wondered if anyone else has had these problems?

My car is a UK F48 X1 Xdrive20i M-Sport with Navigation Plus

I downloaded/installed all the latest software & data , connected to the car OK (E-Sys Launcher as F048, then connected to car with latest F056 PSdZData and was able to do the first "Read" step (FA information appears) - but :

Problem 1:
..when I tried "Read (VCM)" (or Read SVT as it now is) I got an Ethernet error.
After some googling, I found someone who'd had similar problems with an F15 and an expert had recommended a workaround which was to use "Read (ECU)" instead. This worked for me and allowed me to go on to do some coding.
Anyone else had this issue?

Anyway, I successfully coded "Auto Stop/Start Memory" and changed the delay for "mirror fold on lock" to zero....but then I hit....

Problem 2:
I wanted to change the "comfort turn-signal blink" from 3 blinks to 4.
I went to BDC_BODY, 3068, BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP expecting to change the 'werte' from 2 to 3...but it was 00 ??
Well, I went ahead and changed it anyway, confirmed the change was saved, coded it, but still only 3 blinks. I'm a bit baffled - I guess the parameter I need to change must be something else..but what? where? Any ideas?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Last edited by MrTracey; 09-05-2016 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 04:05 PM   #165
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Re: Problem 1, yes, "Read (ECU)" seems to be the only option that reads the list of modules. But it seems to work fine in the coding I've done to date.

For the second problem, I've not changed this option myself but I've just checked my original backup of the FDL file offline for the BDC_BODY module, and the Werte value for 3068 - BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP is 02, which is correct for my default triple-turn signal. What version of the eSys program and data files do you have??
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #166
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive20i MSport

Quote:
Re: Problem 1, yes, "Read (ECU)" seems to be the only option that reads the list of modules. But it seems to work fine in the coding I've done to date.

For the second problem, I've not changed this option myself but I've just checked my original backup of the FDL file offline for the BDC_BODY module, and the Werte value for 3068 - BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP is 02, which is correct for my default triple-turn signal. What version of the eSys program and data files do you have??
Hi, thanks for the information.
OK, so I'm not the only one who has to use "Read (ECU)" - it's just strange that no-one else here had mentioned it.

I'm using E-Sys v.3.27.1 with v.59.3_PSdZData (selecting F056 when connecting to the car).
IIRC, for BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP just above the werte value was another value "unknown" - looks a bit odd. I'll have to go back and have another look tomorrow to confirm.
UPDATE : Just seen a screen-shot of someone updating the werte and the word "UNKNOWN" appears above it. So that seems correct - but my value was 00

UPDATE 2: just seen something on another forum which makes me think that it's due to the fact that I've got the Head-Up display, so I may need to change another parameter somewhere else - will post back if I find it.

Last edited by MrTracey; 09-05-2016 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #167
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The screenshot below shows what I've got in my eSys (also v.3.27.1) but I've got the v.59.1 PSDZdata files. This is the same module as yours obviously. The only thing I can think of it's that's a data file version issue possibly? I'm no expert at this by the way, I only started a month or so ago... Might be worth looking for an earlier version? I've no idea what the "backwards compatibility" is like with newer releases.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #168
mstevens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M4Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
MAdaptive headlights: The "LED headlights with extended features" on the X1 support what BMW calls Static adaptive headlights:
At speeds between 45 km/h and 70 km/h the cornering light is used as a "static Adaptive Headlight". The LEDs, which are responsible for the cornering light, are activated in order to illuminate the cornering area. This function is called a static Adaptive Headlight because the headlight is not moved.
This is disabled by default on US cars to comply with outdated US regulations. It is nowhere as useful as the no-dazzle high beams on my M4, but still worth enabling IMO. To be clear: this is different from the cornering lights functionality, since the cornering lights are activated even when the car is not cornering in order to provide a wider illumination of the road.
So anti-dazzle can't be enabled on the X1 LED headlights?
2004 E85 Z4 3.0 Sport - Sold to brother | 2004 E83 X3 xDrive3.0i - Gone | 2011 E89 Z4 35is - Gone | 2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - Gone | 2014 E89 Z4 E89 35is - Gone | 2014 F25 X3 xDrive 30i X3 - Gone | 2017 F83 M4 Cabriolet - Gone | 2017 F25 X3 xDrive30i - Gone
2020 G29 Z4 M40i Misanoblau | 2020 G01 M40i Phytonicblau
Casa Suzana, vacation rental villa in Cozumel, Mexico
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #169
lrd300
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 M Sport

I am trying to disable the interior motion sensor pressing the lock button twice on the key fob but cannot get the motion sensor alarm to disable. I read somewhere that the alarm can't be disabled if auto mirror fold is coded!

Can someone please confirm this ?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #170
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrd300 View Post
I am trying to disable the interior motion sensor pressing the lock button twice on the key fob but cannot get the motion sensor alarm to disable. I read somewhere that the alarm can't be disabled if auto mirror fold is coded!

Can someone please confirm this ?
I've coded the mirrors to auto-fold, and the motion sensor certainly seems to disable OK - I have to do this when leaving the dog in the car, or the sun-roof open.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #171
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've coded the mirrors to auto-fold, and the motion sensor certainly seems to disable OK - I have to do this when leaving the dog in the car, or the sun-roof open.
That's interesting as I was trying it earlier and found that I couldn't disable the motion sensor with the usual second press of the lock button since I coded the auto-mirror folding (delay set to zero). Subsequent presses of the lock button, while the mirrors were still moving in after the first press, just caused the central locking to click but the alarm indicator light didn't do its "long flash" that it used to do to show that the sensors were disabled. Is there a knack to disabling once the auto-fold is coded??
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #172
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's interesting as I was trying it earlier and found that I couldn't disable the motion sensor with the usual second press of the lock button since I coded the auto-mirror folding (delay set to zero). Subsequent presses of the lock button, while the mirrors were still moving in after the first press, just caused the central locking to click but the alarm indicator light didn't do its "long flash" that it used to do to show that the sensors were disabled. Is there a knack to disabling once the auto-fold is coded??
Hmm... Just tried it, and no long flash However I've never had the alarm go off when the internal sensor was meant to be disabled. I'm not going to try leaving the roof open just now, as it's just started peeing down .
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #173
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

You can test the motion sensor by having someone sit still in the car when you lock at, then wait a few seconds and ask them to move around a bit.
Waiving of arms is usually good to get the alarm going.
      10-09-2016, 07:00 AM   #174
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
You can test the motion sensor by having someone sit still in the car when you lock at, then wait a few seconds and ask them to move around a bit.
Waiving of arms is usually good to get the alarm going.
Just tried that, and the alarm did not go off. As a control I tried without the second press, and it still didn't go off! In both cases I also tried rocking the car vigorously with the roof bars.

Does the car detect that someone is sitting in the driver's seat and cancel the alarm?

I did not see whether the flashing came on, because of bright sunshine, but have previously noticed that I'm not getting the long flash with the second press.

PS Neighbours now worried about my wife's sanity!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #175
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm playing it safe by coding the "KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN" value from 00 to 08. So now if I want to fold the mirrors in when locking the car I can press and hold the lock button for just under one second. And if I want to disable the interior motion sensors as well it's a case of a quick press of the lock button, a second press to disable the sensors, and a third longer press to fold the mirrors in. Bit more convoluted but restores the occasionally-required motion sensor disable feature
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #176
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Just tried that, and the alarm did not go off. As a control I tried without the second press, and it still didn't go off! In both cases I also tried rocking the car vigorously with the roof bars.

Does the car detect that someone is sitting in the driver's seat and cancel the alarm?

I did not see whether the flashing came on, because of bright sunshine, but have previously noticed that I'm not getting the long flash with the second press.

PS Neighbours now worried about my wife's sanity!
The sensors usually dont activate immediately when you lock the car.
Did you wait a little before moving?
Weer the windows and roof closed when you locked it?

Will have to test a X1 next time I have one here to see how long before they activate