BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) OIL LEAK F48 X1 XDRIVE20i

09-11-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
MarkHammond777
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F48 XDrive20i

OIL LEAK F48 X1 XDRIVE20i

Today (10th of September) I got the oil level on minimum tap up 1L of engine oil message.

I stopped the car looked in the engine bay and saw some oil at the bottom, so I looked under the car and the bottom cover was completely wet with oil and dripping oil to the ground. What could this be? Tomorrow morning the first thing I will do is drive to the garage because this will kill the engine for sure.

UPDATE: Went to the garage today (11th of September) to do the diagnostics, after he took the bottom cover off the whole bottom was soaked with oil. The plastic oil filter house is leaking, so I ordered the fully aluminium reinforced aftermarket version (see attachment) that must be 10x better. I understand why BMW used plastic, so they could make more profit of course but this way the ones that get fcked by these economic plastic parts are us the customers.

Did anyone replace it with the fully aluminium version or just went with the OEM plastic trash?
Attached Images

Last edited by MarkHammond777; 09-11-2023 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0