BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) New X1 owner but one doubt

02-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
frenetika
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1

New X1 owner but one doubt

Hello everyone!
I have just placed my order for an sDrive 20iA at my local dealer in Monterrey Mexico.

This is my first BMW and i bought a lot of "accessories" and packages one of them is the extended ambient lights package

my doubt is:

With that extra packages of ambient lights, can i use more colors instead of the green and white that are in the basic version?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

By ambient light do you meant the thin led strips on the top of door panels..mine are either red or white...I have a 2017 M sport....no other colors that I've seen..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
frenetika
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1

Yes i mean the led trips, the dealer told me that the x1 will have more lights like cyan, purple, etc...
but maybe he was lying to me because i have read that the ambient light extended package does not include that
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
twobytes
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenetika View Post
Yes i mean the led trips, the dealer told me that the x1 will have more lights like cyan, purple, etc...
but maybe he was lying to me because i have read that the ambient light extended package does not include that
Quote:
Just two options, Classic & Modern. Classic red of BMW and the LED white
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Hello everyone!
I have just placed my order for an sDrive 20iA at my local dealer in Monterrey Mexico.

This is my first BMW and i bought a lot of "accessories" and packages one of them is the extended ambient lights package

my doubt is:

With that extra packages of ambient lights, can i use more colors instead of the green and white that are in the basic version?
Hi
Currently, apart from using coding the only option is a choice of two colours selected via the idrive menu. It is possible BMW may change this in the future if the X1 has multicolour LED strips (which I doubt), perhaps as a little package in the connected store.
For some BMW models (F15) with different Head Units and probably different LED lighting strips (multicolour. 3 or more) then it is possible to change colours by using coding in BDC ecu. A bit like 3 ink jet cartridges giving lots of colours.
I do not believe it is possible I The X1 because it has different ecu modules and probably cheaper led lighting strips ( i.e two colour).

Last edited by MJE60; 02-22-2019 at 04:57 AM..
Appreciate 0