BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) [CarWow Video]: BMW X1 vs Audi Q3 vs Volvo XC40

02-06-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

[CarWow Video]: BMW X1 vs Audi Q3 vs Volvo XC40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

When I bought my X1, it was the new kid on the block, and clearly better that the then Q3 or the MB GLA. Good to see Audi has lifted its game, and also the Volvo — my son just bought an XC60, and it's very impressive; I'd certainly have a close look at the XC40 when it comes time to replace.

So, BMW, it's now time for a bit of a refresh!

One thing I've discovered is that replacing the RFTs at 50,000km with non-RFTs (same Pirelli P7) made the world of difference, both to ride and road noise, while handling remains sharp
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2019, 02:39 AM   #3
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

I test drove the XC40, before I bought the X1 and it was one of the most boring cars I have driven. Yeah, it was super comfy, but you had exactly 0 connection with the car. Absolutely no feedback, extremely soft steering wheel, huge corner roll etc. Also the controls were very bad, it took me ages until I figured out how to operate my climate control and I even had to pull over to do it since the screen was very uncomfortable to use while driving.

Mat Watson has always been biased towards Volvo, he even owns one. The Audi is cool if you are into that styling, but currently (at least in my country) dealer prices are so much more expensive than the BMW, that I didn't even consider buying it.

What BMW need to do though, is give the big screen as standard. You cannot afford to charge a price equivalent for a high-end TV for a normal screen, while your competitors are offering 3 screens as standard...
Appreciate 0