BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) No new X1's or X2's being sold currently due to a fault

02-14-2019, 05:02 AM   #23
michael_p
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 sDrive20i xLine

I fully intend to be highly delighted with the car, which will likely be my last one. In fairness, the dealer did originally tell me a 12 weeks delivery lead time, but it was scheduled to production very quickly so significantly earlier was in prospect. C'est la vie.
So the dealer thinks that I'll have it next week.��
Once the parts are actually available, I'm sure your car can be delivered from Southampton and ready for you within a few days. Five weeks holiday. Wow.��

Last edited by michael_p; 02-14-2019 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #24
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

Mine was also ready quicker than expected. Originally it was due end of March, but dealer just called me that it will be delivered in two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #25
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
Mine was also ready quicker than expected. Originally it was due end of March, but dealer just called me that it will be delivered in two weeks.
Maybe you stole mine :-(

lol....Enjoy & think of us poor souls with no car
      02-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #26
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_p View Post
I fully intend to be highly delighted with the car, which will likely be my last one. In fairness, the dealer did originally tell me a 12 weeks delivery lead time, but it was scheduled to production very quickly so significantly earlier was in prospect. C'est la vie.
So the dealer thinks that I'll have it next week.��
Once the parts are actually available, I'm sure your car can be delivered from Southampton and ready for you within a few days. Five weeks holiday. Wow.��
I hope you are right...if the delivery times are met and you get yours next week, with any luck I will still get mine on the 1st March ...fingers crossed

I know, 5 weeks is a bit greedy and it was supposed to be our retirement holiday - but it all went wrong and I have only gone part time
      02-15-2019, 02:05 AM   #27
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie333 View Post
Maybe you stole mine :-(

lol....Enjoy & think of us poor souls with no car
Haha, I hope my steering wheel is not on the right
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #28
jsdh89j9ijkL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: motorcycle

From another UK forum:

''We had three cars arrive yesterday, all ones that were with you on the campaign hold. BMW saying the hold is now lifted - and all it was in the end was a over tightened bolt in the rear light housing that COULD be cracked.... nice to know they have such acute attention to detail but a frustration none the less as its something so simple!! So, whilst your car isn't here, it should arrive any day. Will keep you posted.''

X3s and S1 are effected too.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #29
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Update from Dealer today :-(

well, I am very unhappy.

BMW have released all the cars except the X1. The X1's need a whole new light cluster (as previously advised) and they will not be released to the dealer until the new light cluster has been fitted.

There are many X1's backlogged for the work to be carried out on them - and now the date for delivery to my dealer is the 14th March. Slight problem, I go on holiday before that --- for 5 weeks

The dealer and I will touch base in a weeks time and decide what needs to be done and how we move forward. Looks like the p/ex on my car will be honoured - but I now have to insure my current car (expires 9th March). MOT it and Tax it. I am not happy at all.
The problem with the insurance is that my current insurer is going to charge approx £150 more than another insurer will charge - and if I cancel the insure a couple of weeks after Ive taken it out, it will cost me an admin fee. Jeeze - what a mess!!

02-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #30
michael_p
Rep

Well that is disappointing news.
Jeannie333 maybe you can 'bite the bullet', and surrender your existing car before your inordinately long holiday? Maybe the dealer will commit to a courtesy car in the very unlikely event that your new X1 wasn't ready upon your return?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #31
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

Quote:
well, I am very unhappy.

BMW have released all the cars except the X1. The X1's need a whole new light cluster (as previously advised) and they will not be released to the dealer until the new light cluster has been fitted.

There are many X1's backlogged for the work to be carried out on them - and now the date for delivery to my dealer is the 14th March. Slight problem, I go on holiday before that --- for 5 weeks

The dealer and I will touch base in a weeks time and decide what needs to be done and how we move forward. Looks like the p/ex on my car will be honoured - but I now have to insure my current car (expires 9th March). MOT it and Tax it. I am not happy at all.
The problem with the insurance is that my current insurer is going to charge approx £150 more than another insurer will charge - and if I cancel the insure a couple of weeks after Ive taken it out, it will cost me an admin fee. Jeeze - what a mess!!

I am amazed , does this mean if you change car , the company not only amend the premium(up or down) they also charge for doing this.
Surely you would not be cancelling the policy , just amending it.

It's a good job my insurers does not as I frequently amend our policies -- our house and cars ,I also look after my sons house and cars. If it's as you describe we would owing them a fortune.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #32
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh29 View Post
I am amazed , does this mean if you change car , the company not only amend the premium(up or down) they also charge for doing this.
Surely you would not be cancelling the policy , just amending it.

It's a good job my insurers does not as I frequently amend our policies -- our house and cars ,I also look after my sons house and cars. If it's as you describe we would owing them a fortune.
Hi I asked my current insurers to quote on the X1, but will be charging too much, so I will be using a different provider. However, I will need to continue the insurance on my Golf with my existing insurer, as I don't have the details fo the new car to insure that one - but if I take out the insurance with them - then cancel it a month later, the admin fee is £50.

I think all insurance companies charge if you cancel the insurance with them before the end of the policy time.
      02-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #33
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well that is disappointing news.
Jeannie333 maybe you can 'bite the bullet', and surrender your existing car before your inordinately long holiday? Maybe the dealer will commit to a courtesy car in the very unlikely event that your new X1 wasn't ready upon your return?
Good evening cheeky Michael, 'inordinately long' in deed

Great minds think alike and that was exactly the conversation I had with the dealer. i.e. Can I drop my car off with you when I go on holiday?
He said they won't do that as the car then becomes their responsibility to look after as they can not sell it or do anything with it as it forms part of my contract in buying the new car. Apparently in the past they did do that but a car got damaged and it caused all sorts of issues.

We are going to discuss nearer the time so we know exactly what is going on and when - but I will push for that option as it saves me a whole load of grief. I think if I threaten to cancel it might focus their minds, as the car is such a high spec they will not be able to sell it on very easily.
(Before my rather splendid discount, it come in at £39, 250)

We are catching up next Friday

:-( Jean
      02-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #34
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi I asked my current insurers to quote on the X1, but will be charging too much, so I will be using a different provider. However, I will need to continue the insurance on my Golf with my existing insurer, as I don't have the details fo the new car to insure that one - but if I take out the insurance with them - then cancel it a month later, the admin fee is £50.

I think all insurance companies charge if you cancel the insurance with them before the end of the policy time.
g

Sorry but I am being a bit thick tonight.
Why not just go to your new insurer , insure your present car them amend the policy to the new car when you get it.

I can understand insurers will charge if you cancel the policy , but surly you are only amending a policy.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #35
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Good evening cheeky Michael, 'inordinately long' in deed

Great minds think alike and that was exactly the conversation I had with the dealer. i.e. Can I drop my car off with you when I go on holiday?
He said they won't do that as the car then becomes their responsibility to look after as they can not sell it or do anything with it as it forms part of my contract in buying the new car. Apparently in the past they did do that but a car got damaged and it caused all sorts of issues.

We are going to discuss nearer the time so we know exactly what is going on and when - but I will push for that option as it saves me a whole load of grief. I think if I threaten to cancel it might focus their minds, as the car is such a high spec they will not be able to sell it on very easily.
(Before my rather splendid discount, it come in at £39, 250)

We are catching up next Friday

:-( Jean
Sorry but again this does not seem on, when I ordered the e 84 I told the dealer they could have my old e61 as I had other cars available. ( I used my sons Isuzu ) I know they sold the e61 as I passed it on a car transporter 2 days layer,so no difficulty.
Afraid I being a bit naughty ,did not know if car was ok for the 12 weeks delivery
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #36
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
g

Sorry but I am being a bit thick tonight.
Why not just go to your new insurer , insure your present car them amend the policy to the new car when you get it.

I can understand insurers will charge if you cancel the policy , but surly you are only amending a policy.
I would be amending the policy BUT I shopped around for quotes and my current insurers, to insure the X1, will charge me £150 more than a very well known insurer - for the same cover. So I do not want to stay with them when I get the X1 and pay an extra £150 per year.
      02-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #37
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I would be amending the policy BUT I shopped around for quotes and my current insurers, to insure the X1, will charge me £150 more than a very well known insurer - for the same cover. So I do not want to stay with them when I get the X1 and pay an extra £150 per year.
Why not just contact the insurer you intend to use next time , explain to them you will be insuring AB12CDE ,from your renewal date,until you get the new car ,then will be insuring an f48 Reg to be confirmed,for which you have quote from them reference xxxxxxxx.

If it is not possible to simple resolve this easily over the phone , I would be worried about dealing with any claim I may have with them.

My local agent was good enough to assist me in claiming from a third party,so as not to put a claim against my own policy. Last year my wife had a claim,her fault,our insurance went down on renewal.

Fortunately I have been with same insurers for a very long time,and can just phone or call in ,life is very easy. They do not charge for amending insurance,in fact they don't even charge any extra for paying over 12 months. I do check against other company's ever couple of years but comparing like with like they are ok, not the absolute cheapest but not difference enough to change.

Last edited by Abh29; 02-16-2019 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #38
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Why not just contact the insurer you intend to use next time , explain to them you will be insuring AB12CDE ,from your renewal date,until you get the new car ,then will be insuring an f48 Reg to be confirmed,for which you have quote from them reference xxxxxxxx.

My local agent was good enough to assist me in claiming from a third party,so as not to put a claim against my own policy. Last year my wife had a claim,her fault,our insurance went down on renewal.

Fortunately I have been with same insurers for a very long time,and can just phone or call in ,life is very easy. They do not charge for amending insurance,in fact they don't even charge any extra for paying over 12 months. I do check against other company's ever couple of years but comparing like with like they are ok, not the absolute cheapest but not difference enough to change.
Now that sounds like something I could try ....if they would do that, it might work out ok. Thanks :-)
      02-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #39
Eagle 1
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 BMW X1 AUDI X5

The 2019 X1 is currently on stop-sale because of a faulty tail light bracket
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #40
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh my goodness!

I'm so excited....although maybe tinged with a little caution

BUT

My cards code has changed to 'awaiting despatch to dealer' & my dealer confirmed the STOP on it was lifted yesterday and it is now going to be dispatched to them quite soon!!
Its supposed to be despatched 27th February, but they may change a little BUT - it should mean I get beautiful new car for 1st March or shortly afterwards!!

Did you get yours Michael? Or is it scheduled for you to pick it up this week as you hoped?

Fingers crossed!!!

Jean
      02-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #41
michael_p
Rep

No, I am still waiting to hear, but parts were supposedly due in midweek, and the dealer was still optimistic about collection this week...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #42
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No, I am still waiting to hear, but parts were supposedly due in midweek, and the dealer was still optimistic about collection this week...
Fingers crossed for you
      02-21-2019, 05:52 AM   #43
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Its on the transporter!!

I'm so excited - my baby is on the transporter and being delivered to the dealer today!!

I think the dealer is worried that I am going to appear any second carrying a big bag of cotton wool to wrap the car in until I collect it on the 1st March

Hope you get yours soon Michael :-)

I shall be posting photos of him (the car, not the dealer) as soon as I pick him up.

Jean
      02-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #44
michael_p
Rep

Yay, that's good news Jean.
My lights were due in on Thursday, so I'm hoping to collect it Friday (today just about...)
Appreciate 0