BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW E-sys coding for the f48 x1

01-24-2019, 11:16 PM   #573
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfansam View Post
Hi Almaretto,
My 2018 X1 F48 has a 6.5' Screen. It has Navigation Plus.
The screen is the same for Navigation Plus and Navigation Professional models of X1 F48.
Is there an option or a way to make the display on Navigation Plus to 8.8' like on the Navigation Professional?
I am attaching the pics for reference please.
Thanks in advance.
I am confused. If the screen is the same, then what are you changing?

Yes, screens can be upgraded. Sometimes, you need voltage regulator. Then, you can code different screen in. I do not know more details.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #574
bmwfansam
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1, sline

Hi Almaretto,
I should have made it clearer in my previous post.
The Screen is the same for Navigation Plus and Navigation Professional models of X1 F48 in India.
However, the display size in those screens is 6.5' for Navigation Plus model (my car) and 8.8' for Navigation Professional models. Both are touch screens.
I believe that it is the software that needs to be updated/changed/tweaked to make the display size bigger in my car.
I hope it makes sense now.
Thanks !!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #575
blackdevil
Rep
Drives: X5

the screen module is different for the 8.8", it's more rectangular. You would need to buy a new screen module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfansam View Post
Hi Almaretto,
I should have made it clearer in my previous post.
The Screen is the same for Navigation Plus and Navigation Professional models of X1 F48 in India.
However, the display size in those screens is 6.5' for Navigation Plus model (my car) and 8.8' for Navigation Professional models. Both are touch screens.
I believe that it is the software that needs to be updated/changed/tweaked to make the display size bigger in my car.
I hope it makes sense now.
Thanks !!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #576
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogit View Post
F56 is the one to go for. As I said above, I found it helped to save the existing files, then use the viewer in E-SYS to check the existing codings on my car (And where they were located) before working out what to code.

Anyone any idea why you can't close the tailgate with the key fob in the US? In the UK you can do it holding down the tailgate button on the fob.
Hi
Safety, prevents accidentally closing the boot lid on someone.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #577
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

BMW X1 F48 6.5” to 8.8” Display Screen Retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdevil View Post
the screen module is different for the 8.8", it's more rectangular. You would need to buy a new screen module.
Hi
I have upgraded 6.5” to 8.8”. I have have posted coding changes and info in bimmercode adventures thread. So start by getting correct model 8.8” bmw oem screen (can confirm online using part finder for your vin - most important that the version was installed during your vehicle build date). The 8.8” screen will fit 6.5” screen tray with very slight fettling (basically enlarge width at bottom edge of sides by a couple of mm each side - I used a hot are gun to soften tray and then stretched with the larger screen). Finally there are 4 coding changes (for my 2017 f48 with ENTRYNAV2 08/2017 ) in three separate locations. As this is an esys thread the VO change for U.K. spec vehicles would be SA6UN to SA6UP (or S6UNA to S6UPA) but presumably the VO code would include fdl changed for HUD as well as touch controller etc etc, which you may or may not want (but anyone doing a complete dash/hud retrofit as well I would love to hear about it).

“Using Bimmercode in expert mode HU NBT 3005 display_pip_config section
Change CID_Display_res from 800x480 to 1280x480
Change CID_Display_ size from 6.5 to 8.8
Now go out and enter 3001 section and find
Display_Variante and change from schmal (German for narrow) to breites (wide)
Now go into Nav section
Find Display_Resolution and change from 800x480 to 1280x480
In brief 4 coding changes in 3 separate section of NBT HU ecu
All changes require expert mode.
Screen works after first two code changes, nav will work also but you need to change res in nav section to get full screen effect in map view and finally section 3005 change is needed otherwise idrive home screen will only show two menu icons (like in 6.5 display) rather than 3.

In U.K. 6.5” screen sold as basic business nav package and 8.8” was sold (with touch controller and hud) as Nav plus package, (in some countries and for different BMW models, professional was separate package but also had larger screen). In the X1 the head unit and nav software are the same for nav and Nav plus and I can confirm the 8.8” touch screen works happily without a touch controller.
Finally I have read that , on very rare occasions, if after fdl coding changes, the screen display comes on but says “no signal” then (assuming the connectors have been fully inserted and no pins have been bent) this can be due to BMW hardware protection being enabled and an unlock code may be needed (online sellers exist). In theory your dealer should be able to code new screen but advice is make sure any BMW oem screen (electronics part) you buy is from reputable seller who is prepared to give you the VIN of the donor vehicle.

Last edited by MJE60; 02-27-2019 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 2
      02-27-2019, 12:39 AM   #578
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Some sites claim that you can add Apple Car Play with a code if you have the professional Nav with the big screen in a fully loaded 2018 BMW X1. Is this true? They charge $89 US for this programming code.

Is this legitimate or a scam?

https://easyusbcoding.com/collection...18244655710323
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 04:09 AM   #579
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
Some sites claim that you can add Apple Car Play with a code if you have the professional Nav with the big screen in a fully loaded 2018 BMW X1. Is this true? They charge $89 US for this programming code.

Is this legitimate or a scam?

https://easyusbcoding.com/collection...18244655710323
Quick answer is , it is not a scam but it is also very unlikely to work for your car because for X1 (F48) the key requirement are “professional navigation” and fully loaded options.

Long answer ....

The X1 (F48) hardware varies from country to country so It is unwise to generalise. I know for China, Japan, Taiwan & Russia the X1 was fitted with the tall HU so one assumes they have a Pro nav HU and professional navigation as standard (may be due to mapping, not sure). An X1 with option 609 “professional nav” would probably also have a “tall” HU (so CarPlay code activation possible). However I am fairly sure that this was not offered as a main option in U.K/EU & USA. BMW instead used terms “ Nav” and “Nav plus” (options S6UPA & S6UPA), both have same ENTRYNAV HU and business nav software, just different CID , either 6.5” or 8.8” Display (in U.K this option included HUD) .

If/where option “S609 professional nav” is/was available for F48 it is/was hidden well down the list and probably only requested by existing “savvy” BMW owners who specifically wanted it.

So, apart from rare/regional exceptions, all F48 came/come out of the factory with ENTRYNAV (up to 07/2017) or ENTRYNAV2 (from 07/2017) Head Units. There are no known FSC codes to enable CarPlay through direct install or 3rd party OTA (over the air provision) for these HU. If you enter your VIN to order on these sites, they should pretty quickly, tell you it is not available.

BMW models with NBTevo HU can also have CarPlay retrofitted and FSc codes are widely available to do it, the problem is many owners and a lot of suppliers do not know the F48 rarely has an NBTevo or NBT Pro nav HU. This confusion is compounded by Bimmercode and Carly coding apps naming the HU module HU_NBT and that the ENTRYNAV/2 HU software having “skins” (screen appearance/layout) mimicking appearance of evo id5/id6

Note that from 2018/2019 BMW are moving to a “subscription only” service for CarPlay. Cars can be ordered “CarPlay ready” with an initial subscription period which can be renewed. The last F48 to have lifetime CarPlay installed were, I believe, 2017 models.

The only options for 99.9% of F48 without CarPlay installed at factory, are;
- either check on BMW connected drive to see if your car had the right (rare/fully loaded) hardware configuration (so 8.8” screen, extended Bluetooth and WLAN antenna - or as you put it “fully loaded) to OTA enable CarPlay. Unfortunately BMW use a Bluetooth & Wifi combo to run CarPlay and you need both. or
- fit an aftermarket android box (essentially plugs into the HU aux input) with 10.25” screen and loads of apps including CarPlay, or finally
- fit an NBTevo id5/id6 HU from another model (best done as a complete kit with install support where they provide fsc codes.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-19-2019 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #580
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
[*]Adaptive headlights: The "LED headlights with extended features" on the X1 support what BMW calls Static adaptive headlights
dmnc02 how did you turn that on? VO code or FDL?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #581
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePulse64 View Post
dmnc02 how did you turn that on? VO code or FDL?
Not sure if this is what you were asking but.....
If your car has build option S5A4A (LED headlight with expanded content) then you will have features built into car but the cornering headlight being used as a “static adaptive headlight” is simply disabled on US cars (due to out of date regs). I read the disable VO code is 8S4.
So rather than turning the feature on, I assume if you remove the disable code (in BDC body (and In FEM for models which have It) then the feature would work as it does everywhere else.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 08:45 PM   #582
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
If your car has build option S5A4A (LED headlight with expanded content) then you will have features built into car but the cornering headlight being used as a “static adaptive headlight” is simply disabled on US cars (due to out of date regs). I read the disable VO code is 8S4.
So rather than turning the feature on, I assume if you remove the disable code (in BDC body (and In FEM for models which have It) then the feature would work as it does everywhere else.
Interesting, I have the 5A4 LED Lights, I know the cornering lights come on at low speeds or when I'm turning. I'll have to check my VO and see if 8S4 is in there.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #583
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

You posted your VO on your ACC retrofit thread, it’s there!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #584
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
MJE60 I'm confused. The US does have turning lights enabled for the LED headlights. What does 8S4 provide above that?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #585
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrumdh View Post
MJE60 I'm confused. The US does have turning lights enabled for the LED headlights. What does 8S4 provide above that?
8S4 is a BLOCKING code, it specifically STOPS a standard feature/function of adaptive LED from working. For US f48 with adaptive LED headlights 8S4 stops the cornering lights also being used as static adaptive headlight (which is case everywhere except US). So in US you have working cornering lights, they turn when the steering wheel turns. 8S4 stops them also being used to throw a wider headlight beam pattern because some archaic US legislation forbids the function (aparently, I am not a US citizen or lawyer but that is what I am told). Remove 8S4 and you get better headlights. [please note I am NOT advising you to break any US laws, just telling what the 8S4 code does].
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #586
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48

Do the nonUS f48 work like the higher end models which can selectively dim the high breams instead of just turning them off? Do they use shutters like older Xeon or led pixle control? This is the first I’ve heard the F48 might have full anti dazzle capabilities?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #587
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrumdh View Post
Do the nonUS f48 work like the higher end models which can selectively dim the high breams instead of just turning them off? Do they use shutters like older Xeon or led pixle control? This is the first I’ve heard the F48 might have full anti dazzle capabilities?
Sadly not, higher end models use lenses and shutters to direct the light (in effect creating a no/low light tunnel to avoid dazzling on-coming cars). In higher end models, the (high beam assist) main beam may not even be dimmed, just focussed away from the on-coming car. The F48 “high beam assistant” system is basically a cheapskate using a very similar name and is in reality just an auto dipping headlight switch, it turns main beam off when it detects on-coming traffic then turns it back on again. Some of the F48 “shutters” are styling fakes and the main beam lenses fixed.

Where non US F48 with adaptive led lights gain is , that the main beam is supplemented by the “cornering” lights. The cornering lights in effect throw light in a pattern to illuminate the side of the road which would be outside of the main beam pattern. US cars have compulsory option 8S4 which blocks this “supplement”. I find this “blocking” surprising as being able to see something “appear” suddenly on the side of the road (perhaps a deer) is a valuable safety feature. I understand this blocking really is an unintended consequence of some old outdated US leglislation (but I am not a US citizen or lawyer so maybe someone out there can provide chapter and verse.).

Last edited by MJE60; 03-17-2019 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #588
Slim125
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongkongloftus View Post
Hi Almaretto

The program is very very useful for me. Now I can found out which CAFD function have been affected by adding VO 544 and other. The latest version 4 need activation code and I already asking.

I have a question I found under SALAPA the 544 have two blanket with some number as (69) and (9). I don't know what it is. I think the (9) is said there have 9 CAFD function affected by adding 544, but there have only 8 on the right side panel. Is it correct? And I have no idea for (69)???

One more question, why some of the affected functions show (Default), is it mean it should be as the default value and no need to change, just take a look?

Thank you.
Good day.

Screenshots of this program with 5DF option.

My program ncd\cafd tool does not recognize the SVT file.

Big thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 07:50 AM   #589
Slim125
Rep

Can anyone see in his NCD / CAFD Tool which parameters change for 5DF options.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #590
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim125 View Post
Can anyone see in his NCD / CAFD Tool which parameters change for 5DF options.
Most of the parameters change in the KAFAS, BDC_BODY and SAS modules. You can check using tokenmasters NCD/CAFD Tool if you want to see specifically what it will change on yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 02:08 AM   #591
Slim125
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePulse64 View Post
Most of the parameters change in the KAFAS, BDC_BODY and SAS modules. You can check using tokenmasters NCD/CAFD Tool if you want to see specifically what it will change on yours.
NCD / CAFD Tool gives an error message - "Selected options yielded no FDL".
Please see what parameters are changing for you?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #592
Takabo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xDrive Touring MSport

Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandauk View Post
Hi guys. Managed to do most of my coding today (mirrors fold on lock, auto stop start off) but one thing I've struggled with is the 5 indicator soft blink.

3069>PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN = tippblinken_fuenfmal werte = 02

I saw the above bolded from this thread but it makes no difference Is there another setting somewhere? Incidentally, in the idrive settings I can change it to 1 or 3 blinks, but not 5.

EDIT 18/11/18:

I found a way to make this work I was using bimmercode (still waiting for my cable to arrive) but I guess the menus should be similar. On my 2018 October production X1, additionally to the setting mentioned above, I needed to go into the Headunit (HU_NBT_EVO) ECU, and then into 3000 HMI. In there, you want "5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN". This option needs to be set to Aktiv.

This enables the 5 blink option in iDrive. I set that to 5 blinks in iDrive and can confirm it works Hopefully that helps.
The same F39 production in October 2018 was done with only 5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN Thank you very much.

https://youtu.be/DK50hAgRHac

P.S.
Does anyone know how to set up an easy entry for an electric sheet?

Last edited by Takabo; 04-01-2019 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:53 AM   #593
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim125 View Post
NCD / CAFD Tool gives an error message - "Selected options yielded no FDL".
Please see what parameters are changing for you?
Can you PM your file to me? and your other related FA Codes.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 02:29 AM   #594
Slim125
Rep

I do not quite understand in English.

I want to change the FDL option to MINI F56. For no-option 5df there, but they say you can encode it as X1 F48 and earn Stop & Go.

That's why I wanted to see what parameters are changing NCD Tool.
Appreciate 0