BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Dinantronics Sport Performance Tuner For B46/b48 And B58 Engines (bmw X1)

09-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #45
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
scroll up.

also if you are getting limp mode uninstall immediately.
hmmm... are there any flash tunes available yet for the x1? i think i've read a forum member or two who had one done locally maybe. not sure if anything is on the market. Would be great if MHD made one, but then again it's an X1 and i can't imagine the market is demanding their time...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #46
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
scroll up.

also if you are getting limp mode uninstall immediately.
hmmm... are there any flash tunes available yet for the x1? i think i've read a forum member or two who had one done locally maybe. not sure if anything is on the market. Would be great if MHD made one, but then again it's an X1 and i can't imagine the market is demanding their time...
https://bimmerperformancecenter.com/...-x1-dme-tuning

~60 hp increase, but need to send in ECU.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #47
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808X1 View Post

thanks for the reply. hmmm, maybe i'm overreacting but i'm just not willing to send my ecu anywhere. i'm not even willing to remove it. heck i'm not even sure what all that would actually entail. my experience with the ecu is a jb4 and that was plenty annoying for me...

if no OTF tune comes out that can be flashed via the OBDII, I might settle for a piggy back. BMS and Dinan have done alot for BMW, so I'd choose one of them. but man, Twisted Tuning makes a great flash for the N5x, if only they made something for the B46 on the F48.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #48
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

thanks for the reply. hmmm, maybe i'm overreacting but i'm just not willing to send my ecu anywhere. i'm not even willing to remove it. heck i'm not even sure what all that would actually entail. my experience with the ecu is a jb4 and that was plenty annoying for me...

if no OTF tune comes out that can be flashed via the OBDII, I might settle for a piggy back. BMS and Dinan have done alot for BMW, so I'd choose one of them. but man, Twisted Tuning makes a great flash for the N5x, if only they made something for the B46 on the F48.
There's a member on here, I believe it was Jay56641 who had the ECU flash done. Reach out to him and see what he thinks. I believe it was quite favorable IIRC. Removing the ECU is not too hard. Can't be any worse than the Porsche ECU I had to remove for my tune

I am seriously thinking about this route
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #49
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
There's a member on here, I believe it was Jay56641 who had the ECU flash done. Reach out to him and see what he thinks. I believe it was quite favorable IIRC. Removing the ECU is not too hard. Can't be any worse than the Porsche ECU I had to remove for my tune

for me removing the ECU is a non-starter. but I appreciate the info, always good to know what's out there.

any opinion on the smoothness of the piggy-backs for the X1? Dinan -vs- BMS -vs- AA...
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #50
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

for me removing the ECU is a non-starter. but I appreciate the info, always good to know what's out there.

any opinion on the smoothness of the piggy-backs for the X1? Dinan -vs- BMS -vs- AA...
Quote:

I have both the Dinantronics and JB4 module. Both are smooth in terms of drivability and power delivery; however, the JB4 produces a better midrange punch, as well as, better pull on top end.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #51
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I have both the Dinantronics and JB4 module. Both are smooth in terms of drivability and power delivery; however, the JB4 produces a better midrange punch, as well as, better pull on top end.
Thanks! I'll let that ruminate in my head... Reading I see JB4 compared to the Dinan is ~ $230 more, little more install time, but more power. Not surprised by any of that!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 01:26 AM   #52
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! I'll let that ruminate in my head... Reading I see JB4 compared to the Dinan is ~ $230 more, little more install time, but more power. Not surprised by any of that!
Along with ability to data log and read error Codes
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 10:02 PM   #53
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Along with ability to data log and read error Codes
ah, good point!

at this point i'd probably go with the jb4 in 15K miles when i'm out of warranty. but since i plan to share this vehicle with my son in 2 years, i'm asking myself whether i want to risk possibly reducing the life of the turbo or related issues for him. i have alot of miles already and want to keep it in good shape for him and his siblings 5 years from now...

of course i drove a giant piece of metal crap on wheels that could barely fit on my side of the road - without alcohol involved... chevy impala. was like a big boat floating around over pot holes.

but times have improved and he'll get a bit of luxury, if he shows enough responsibility... heck he's probably more responsible than his old dad lol... but he's still not getting my 335i! that would scare me...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 12:39 AM   #54
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

What about jb+?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 04:10 AM   #55
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmz View Post
What about jb+?
If you're going to spend the money, you should just consider the JB4 over the JB+, as the JB4 produces more HP and more advanced programming, including timing + boost, I believe.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2018, 07:15 PM   #56
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What about jb+?
If you're going to spend the money, you should just consider the JB4 over the JB+, as the JB4 produces more HP and more advanced programming, including timing + boost, I believe.
Well, jb+ has the super easy install and removal.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #57
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
it's a very fair point but, as 808X1 pointed out, jb4 has logging, which I find very important on a tuned car especially. actually that recently solved my boost problem on my 335i... but jb+ is easy install and less stress on the turbo...good to have choices.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 02:35 AM   #58
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it's definitely easier to install, but really, if you can change a tire, you can totally install the JB4, and the reward from it makes up for the extra time you need for the install.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #59
jayely1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

This tune doesn't seem to work for me. I installed it and on the Idrive screen I put it to horsepower and torque and it was the same as stock when I was in "sports+".
Since there's no gauge on the app anymore I take it I figured that was the only real way to tell.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #60
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
This tune doesn't seem to work for me. I installed it and on the Idrive screen I put it to horsepower and torque and it was the same as stock when I was in "sports+".
Since there's no gauge on the app anymore I take it I figured that was the only real way to tell.
Hi,
I sent you a pm

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #61
rocktheboat
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 x1 28xi

If anyone is interested, I decided to sell my DINANTRONICS D440-0012 after about a year. No issues what so ever. My wife drives the car mostly and she doesn't need it.
Asking $200.

Last edited by rocktheboat; 02-22-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #62
X1Johnny
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 m sport

Just installed along with a Dinan CAI.

The app does not work with new phones.

The throttle response is noticeable. Will be playing around with it over the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #63
Rexrunner531
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 mSport

Dinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktheboat View Post
If anyone is interested, I decided to sell my DINANTRONICS D440-0012 after about a year. No issues what so ever. My wife drives the car mostly and she doesn't need it.
Asking $200.
Just purchased an X1. I am interested in it. Can you pm me for details?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #64
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Just a quick question for those of you who have installed the dinantronics sport tuner. I just received one from a friend who had sold their car, I see on the installation directions to note the MAC address in order to pair the tuner with the Dinan application on my phone.

My question is where is the MAC address located? All I have is the tuner, and the box with an insert, none of which seem to have the MAC address on it. Will this show up and pair no problem, or am I missing a piece of documentation containing the MAC address?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #65
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Last year in the spring I paid a programmer/tuner who had BMW ECU coding software on his laptop with an ODBII connector. I customized all sorts of cool features to my X1. Then I paid extra for another ECU program that controls the Turbo. It's a pre-customized map that he uses on other BMW X1's and other Bimmers. It even allows for additional customization if you have a CAI. I have a BMS CAI and this added about 40 HP and about the same in TQ to the wheels...not the crank so you would have to add about 20% to get the crank figure. The gains are very noticeable and the gas mileage hasn't really changed. I didn't have to buy a "Chip" but if I didn't have access to this programmer/tuner than my choice would be the BMS JB4. Also I asked my tuner for the conservative tune. 2 liter turbos can make above 400 HP these days and even Jaguar and Porsche have 2 liter engines. The new Z4 and the a new version of the Supra now comes with a the same 2 liter engine. The new X2 M35i has over 300 HP and 300 TQ with a similar engine. I'm not at all a fan of the X2 and you can now dress up the X1 similarly to an X2 in the 2021 model. By adding the additional HP and TQ at the wheels, getting 19" aftermarket wheels and wider performance tires you can enhance the ride of the X1 and believe me it is suprisingly fun to drive. Maybe not as much as a BMW sports sedan like an M3 or M4 or 3 series with M package and large engine but at least very close to a X3 M4.0. And you can find a lot of aftermarket interior trim kits for the dash and console. Even a box for that space under the arm rest to hide all your stuff that looks OEM and even has a cutout for your USB connector. I added Pioneer Tweeters and a Pioneer Powered Subwoofer in the trunk under the cover with controllers where the hidden coin box is under the headlight controls. It comes with an active crossover so that you can adjust the speakers under seats to act more like lower mids than subs. The tweeters are mounted flush on the black trim pieces in the corners adjacent to the outside mirrors similar to the Harmon Kardon system and the whole setup sounds much better than the HK system which BMW charges an extra $1K for like about 1/2 that. I also have 2 other sports cars that I drive in the summer but more and more I prefer the view and the suspension of the X1. Our roads in Montreal have a lot of crevices, cracks, indents, sunken manhole covers, expansion joints on the elevated highway and bridges, speed bumps and not mention pot holes. My X1 is fully optioned and that sunroof in the summer is awesome. Sometimes I prefer to let my wife drive so that I can enjoy the view out of all that glass. The visibility in the X1 is exceptional and I haven't had any blind spot issues. In my opinion the 3 best values in the BMW line up are the new 3 series, the X1 and the X3 M4.0. Also I did remove the runflats and kept the OEM 18"wheels for the winter with winter tires. If you like customizing vehicles you can do a lot of things to an X1. Even Ebay has shiny silver metallic button covers for the radio and climate controls and all the console controls around the Idrive controller and the buttons next to the gear leaver. You can dress up these cars as much as you want and it's not expensive. I added LEDs to my fogs to match the head lights and also LED amber turn signals. You need to program the ECU to allow this. If anyone has any questions about what I've done you can PM me. Also I will try and post pictures this week.

Last edited by Xorbitman; 06-03-2020 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2020, 12:47 PM   #66
X1Runner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
The tweeters are mounted flush on the black trim pieces in the corners adjacent to the outside mirrors similar to the Harmon Kardon system and the whole setup sounds much better than the HK system which BMW charges an extra $1K for like about 1/2 that. k.
Don't mean to hijack the tread since it's about tuners but i'm very interested on how your tweeters came out as I'm considering the same. Any pics you can share or "how to" tips?
Appreciate 0