BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 errors

01-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
adi_fox07
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30

F48 errors

Hello guys,

A few week ago, i had problems with the engine module. My car stopped and the engine didn’t want to start again. The problem was with DME module wich failed during to corrosion. I replaced this module with a second hand one. My car Is running normally now, but i have two errorsr on it and don’t know how to slove them:

28D700 Engine ventilation heating open circuit. - i can’t find this heather on the car And i don’t think my car has IT

2ABB00 DC/DC converter (suport during Engine start) FOR suport of electrical sistem. - i didn’t Find on my car, where is locatet this module DC/DC

Can anyone help me to fix trese errors?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_fox07 View Post
Hello guys,

A few week ago, i had problems with the engine module. My car stopped and the engine didn’t want to start again. The problem was with DME module wich failed during to corrosion. I replaced this module with a second hand one. My car Is running normally now, but i have two errorsr on it and don’t know how to slove them:

28D700 Engine ventilation heating open circuit. - i can’t find this heather on the car And i don’t think my car has IT

2ABB00 DC/DC converter (suport during Engine start) FOR suport of electrical sistem. - i didn’t Find on my car, where is locatet this module DC/DC

Can anyone help me to fix trese errors?

Thank you
Hi
Have you cleared these codes and have they returned and therefore are active faults? If you have not cleared these faults then they could be historic and from the failed DME.

Secondly, I am assuming DME was from exactly the same model, engine, gearbox, etc, if not internal coding may be different and throw faults, see below regarding I-step.

Finally, did you actually install the second hand DME yourself, if so, did you make sure it had same i-step as your car? Usually when installing a new/replacement module it is necessary to make sure the internal software (I-step) version is the same as the rest of the car, if not, it can/will cause problems and often not work at all. When I installed a module in my F48, I used E-sys to make sure the I-step was correct (I updated I-step as the module was from a car 9 months older than mine), it can also be done by any BMW service centre. A DME with even a slightly different I-step could throw fault codes as it struggles to communicate with other modules and sensors (which change and are regularly updated between production dates). A DME almost certainly needs to be coded to the car. In modern BMW’s even a replacement battery needs coding otherwise it creates a fault code!

Apologies if I am asking/telling things you probably have already covered but if not then may help with a fix.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-14-2021 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: 0.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 01:41 AM   #3
adi_fox07
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30

Yes, i have cleared trese eroare And they came back. The module was cloned before it was put on the car. I think these errors occurred when the first module broke down.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 08:58 AM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_fox07 View Post
Yes, i have cleared trese eroare And they came back. The module was cloned before it was put on the car. I think these errors occurred when the first module broke down.
I can no longer access ISTA and check the fault codes , so cannot suggest anything else except....

I suggest you check all sensor plugs/connections. When you did work and replaced DME you may have disconnected a number of wiring connectors/plugs. It is possible that one of the connectors has not been pushed in properly, or it has got dirty or it/they is/are also suffering from corrosion. An open circuit message can indicate that a sensor cannot be read . This problem can be due to sensor becoming faulty, wiring bring damaged or more likely that the connector to the sensor has become damaged/loose/dirty.

Good luck, hope you sort the problem.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-16-2021 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0