BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Joining the club...

12-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
pnwsnowbimmer
Rep
Drives: G01 X3, F39 X2M35i (ordered)

Joining the club...

I just got the order in for a '21 M35i.

I'm not driving much (at all...), so sold the 2014 F34 335 GT about 3 mo's ago. I loved that car. Performed pretty well and unique.

I would have bought another GT (3 or 5 series), but BMW stopped sending them our way (US), and I was stumped. Nothing really got me excited. I was looking for 300+ hp in a small(ish) car. Mini's weren't my thing. I'm not ready for Tekla either, as we've owned BMW all our lives.

I found a few reviews for the M35i online, and test drove it, and knew I found the match. Great sound, performance, and the right size.
Then I moved over to this group from bimmerfest (their X2 forum isn't very active), and I've been learning alot. Thank you!

So, details are: Storm grey, lava, pano, HK, and other stuff. I love the look of the 20's, but don't want to deal with winter wheels/tires, so went with 19's with A/S. I also got the DDC. Production in Jan and March delivery.

Mod's planned? Normal stuff (Weathertech, CF Mirror Caps). I like the pipercross and the Eventuri intake looks awesome. Considering ceramic (any thoughts?).

Appreciate this group keeping it active. Not alot of X2 chatter otherwise. Will update with progress.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from BMWNA
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X2 m35i

Nice....I have a sunset orange M35i That arrived at the port in Brunswick Georgia on the 20th, however it’s probably delayed for about 15 days while they process all the cars as they have overloaded the port with two large ships, trying to get everything invoiced for the end of the year. Looking forward to it…
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #3
pnwsnowbimmer
Rep
Drives: G01 X3, F39 X2M35i (ordered)

Great way to start the year.

Definitely seemed like there were some good EOY promo's in place at my dealer. I'm sure I could have pushed harder, but felt like I got an OK deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #4
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Congratulations!

You can easily get 360WHP and similar torque figures on this car with JB4 and Pipercross filter. Then you'll be stuck like the rest of us.

Just rocked a couple of Chicagoland airport runs this week with family and honestly still super happy with this Unicorn.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Congrats! As we complained a bit on another thread.. There's a little lack of extras available for our car.. I would have changed the mirror caps too, but realized it was a special color for the m35i and once I got the ppf on it, then it would stop "staining" when it got wet.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #6
Tarekith
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M35i

I have the M35i and also am a PNW snow ripper, so I can say the car is perfect for that. Works fine on the forest roads, and the AWD has been nice this year going snowboarding. I did find that putting dedicated snow tires (Sotozeros) on helped more than I expected though, something to consider if you're going over the passes a lot. That and keeping it in Comfort mode in the snow.

I also put a ceramic coat on the week I got the car, and I'm very happy I did it. I went with the Sonax CC36 and it was super easy to do. My car arrived with great paint that only needed a very light bit of claying on the top as prep for the ceramic. It was my first time doing a ceramic coating and it definitely was easy to do. No different from waxing really, easier if anything as long as the paint is in good shape first. And it makes the cerium grey accents WORLDS easier to keep spot free. Man that was frustrating until I put a bit of ceramic on.

Anyway, the coating looks great 9 months later still and makes keeping the car clean a lot easier overall. I know where all the DIY car washes are now on the way back from the ski resorts, so I just hit it with rinse water on my way home and it looks like new after a couple miles driving. I still top it up with Meguiers Hybrid Ceramic Wax every couple of hand washes, just to keep it a bit more protected.

Last edited by Tarekith; 12-26-2020 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from BMWNA
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X2 m35i

I’ve done ceramic coatings on several cars and my results are mixed. Some got water stains and some did not, glad you had good luck with the sonax . Sonax is a quality brand. Look at their wheel cleaner, it’s very gentle, but works very well.

My regimen for this car is going to be pretty simple, I’m going to initially polish with a finishing Si02 polish like blackfire pro polish, then put on an SIO2 spray much like the Meguires ,And then occasionally shoot it with a Hydro spray like Carpro hydr02 after the touchless car wash. I am in Florida so things are much easier down here on cars. Especially if your garaged like I am.

Last edited by Glen e; 12-26-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 11:26 PM   #8
Tarekith
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M35i

It was actually the Sonax wheel cleaner I had bought that led me to the ceramic coatings they make. Great stuff.