BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Who has ordered an X2?

04-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #1
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Who has ordered an X2?

Today I ordered an X2 xDrive28i, Mineral Grey Metallic on Black Dakota Leather Perforated with Blue Stitching and Anthracite Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Satin Chrome Highlight.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
Quixalcoatl
Rep
Drives: Owner-to-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
Today I ordered an X2 xDrive28i, Mineral Grey Metallic on Black Dakota Leather Perforated with Blue Stitching and Anthracite Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Satin Chrome Highlight.
Ordered mine a couple weeks ago. sDrive, Galvanic Gold, M Sport, w/ heated steering wheel and seats, black Dakota leather with blue stitching, brushed aluminum trim, and DHP. Got my production number earlier this week. Hope to get the VIN soon, so I can start tracking it.

Edit:

Got word that it's on dock ready to board the ship. 3 more weeks ... 🙄
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
Beemer12
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2

Ordered a couple months ago and took delivery in early April. Mineral Grey w/Mocha and wood trim. All options except smart cruise.
      05-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
My car was assigned a production date yesterday. Now just the long wait for it to be shipped...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #5
Quixalcoatl
Rep

Is anyone getting tracking updates? Mine has been stuck on "Production Ends" for two weeks now. The dealership isn't showing any shipment delays or status updates either.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
philthy84
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2

Purchased a MG with sport package off the lot last Saturday. Only options missing was the Adaptive Cruise Control, Wireless charging/WiFi, and Dakota leather. So far we like the X2 a lot, just wish it had blind spot monitoring.(com'on BMW!) Have her scheduled for a full front end Xpel job tomorrow morning, once that is done will post pics!

Last edited by philthy84; 05-17-2018 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #7
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixalcoatl View Post
Is anyone getting tracking updates? Mine has been stuck on "Production Ends" for two weeks now. The dealership isn't showing any shipment delays or status updates either.
Production date for my car was May 5. BMW Canada doesn't provide a way to track it, so tracking the car with the next sequential vin. It apparently was on the May 14th sailing, which is the Don Juan. If your car missed that ship, the next sailing is May 22nd.

Last edited by bimmerdriver2; 05-17-2018 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
Quixalcoatl
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Production date for my car was May 5. BMW Canada doesn't provide a way to track it, so tracking the car with the next sequential vin. It apparently was on the May 14th sailing, which is the Don Juan. If your car missed that ship, the next sailing is May 22nd.
I think mine is on cargo vessel Genuine ACE, due in to Brunswick, GA [US] from Bremerhaven on 5/23. But, I have no way to confirm. The website hasn't changed and the dealership hasn't received any updates. My car was on dock as early as 5/4. So it should be on there. Fingers crossed, I'll have it before June.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #9
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think mine is on cargo vessel Genuine ACE, due in to Brunswick, GA [US] from Bremerhaven on 5/23. But, I have no way to confirm. The website hasn't changed and the dealership hasn't received any updates. My car was on dock as early as 5/4. So it should be on there. Fingers crossed, I'll have it before June.
Try calling WW customer service. I was in Germany last week. I gave them a call they confirmed my car was on the Don Juan, no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #10
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3, Honda S2000

If you placed your order for an X2, can anyone confirm if LED headlights and sports seats are standard equipment?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #11
Quixalcoatl
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
If you placed your order for an X2, can anyone confirm if LED headlights and sports seats are standard equipment?
LED cornering headlights and taillights are standard, as well as sport seats. The standard upholstery however, is the leatherette.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #12
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3, Honda S2000

Quote:
LED cornering headlights and taillights are standard, as well as sport seats. The standard upholstery however, is the leatherette.
I wonder why the X2 got those as standards (maybe because it's a brand new model so BMW is throwing more incentive into the car?)

Also, they sort of explain the price difference between the X1 and X2.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 05:03 AM   #13
Quixalcoatl
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
Quote:
I wonder why the X2 got those as standards (maybe because it's a brand new model so BMW is throwing more incentive into the car?)

Also, they sort of explain the price difference between the X1 and X2.
Not sure. I wish it came standard with BLIS though. And, in the UK you can get the premium audio without the premium package. A little annoyed by that one, but, w/e, it's still fun to drive and with the wife and kid, I rarely have the music up.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #14
richardbflo
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

waiting....

Hi everyone - I ordered a 2018 X2 / Black Sapphire Metallic / Xdrive on 4/23/18. Production completed on 5/22/18 and it's been sitting at the port in Bremerhaven since 5/26/18. I spoke with BMW Genius this morning and they told me it could be sitting at the port for up to two weeks. Has anyone had that experience? My car will be delivered to New York City, and there are plenty of ships going from Bremerhaven to NYC, so I'm a little surprised to hear that it could be waiting that long for a ship assignment. I'm curious to hear what others' experiences have been. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #15
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbflo View Post
Hi everyone - I ordered a 2018 X2 / Black Sapphire Metallic / Xdrive on 4/23/18. Production completed on 5/22/18 and it's been sitting at the port in Bremerhaven since 5/26/18. I spoke with BMW Genius this morning and they told me it could be sitting at the port for up to two weeks. Has anyone had that experience? My car will be delivered to New York City, and there are plenty of ships going from Bremerhaven to NYC, so I'm a little surprised to hear that it could be waiting that long for a ship assignment. I'm curious to hear what others' experiences have been. Thanks!
My car was produced on May 5th and was on the May 15th ship. Check the schedule on the WW website. If I recall there was a sailing on May 22nd so you are probably looking at 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #16
richardbflo
Rep

Quote:
My car was produced on May 5th and was on the May 15th ship. Check the schedule on the WW website. If I recall there was a sailing on May 22nd so you are probably looking at 2 weeks.
Update us all when you receive it! I saw on another forum that you can input your VIN on the WW website and track your vehicle through VPC as well...in case you really want to get obsessive about it, like I will.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #17
adriang
Canada
Rep

Today I dropped my car off at the LoginOut at the Munich airport after a 4500km grand tour of Eastern and Western Europe. The greatest experience ever and the car is surprisingly "fun" coming from a 335d. 2018 BMW X2 Sunset Orange
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #18
Quixalcoatl
Rep

Quote:
Mine sat there for a while. It finished production by late April/early May, but didn't ship until a week and a half ago. It's due into Brunswick, GA by June 2nd. Never ordered a car before. What excruciating anticipation.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #19
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Update us all when you receive it! I saw on another forum that you can input your VIN on the WW website and track your vehicle through VPC as well...in case you really want to get obsessive about it, like I will.
My car is sitting in Halifax, waiting to be loaded on a CN train. It's an estimated 8-10 day trip. There is a member on this forum who can track the car once it gets loaded on the train. It's no longer possible look up your car on the WW website. However, I was in Germany a couple of weeks ago on business, so I gave WW a call and they confirmed it was on the ship I suspected. Maybe it's a little obsessive, but it's fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #20
richardbflo
Rep

Woo hoo! I received notification that my X2 was loaded onto the ship yesterday and is in transit! BMW Genius was able to provide me with the Bill of Lading number (since you can't track on WW with VIN any longer) and I was able to track my car on the WW site that way. It's getting closer!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #21
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Woo hoo! I received notification that my X2 was loaded onto the ship yesterday and is in transit! BMW Genius was able to provide me with the Bill of Lading number (since you can't track on WW with VIN any longer) and I was able to track my car on the WW site that way. It's getting closer!
Great news. Now you get to watch paint dry for the next couple of weeks. marinetraffic.com is a good way to see where the vessel is. Regular AIS stops working once the vessel gets too far away from a shore station, but the position keeps updating through the transit, because there is a satellite interface as well as a vhf interface.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #22
jayguy95
Rep
Drives: X2

I ordered one! Was thinking of starting a new thread.
Appreciate 0