BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Introducing the BMW X2 M35i

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-10-2018, 04:31 AM   #155
nozydog
General Dogsbody
nozydog's Avatar
United Kingdom
438
Rep
982
Posts

Drives: 2017 340-6MT
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Anyone have an idea of the price of these yet!? Scott26 are you reading this thread?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #156
ice31
Private First Class
126
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: x3 3.0i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Interior is awful, engine is a disgrace, so someone is buying this just to drive a "cool" looking BMW. Hope sales of this fuel the real stuff from M division.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #157
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
329
Rep
416
Posts

Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: City of Champions

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
^^^ Very interesting post about the Alfa. I owned a '57 Guilia Sprint coupe and loved it, despite the Marelli electrics and Lucas mechanical points electric fuel pump. Always carried a points file so that I could clean the oxidation off when the pump stopped working. Why do you say the QF is a better purchase than lease? These can be leased in Houston area for $800 range and I'd like to get one. I' did not go for it a year ago because of the perceptions generated by the mag reviewers. You are the firsr real owner to comment re: reliability. Thanks for your insights.
I say it is a better purchase because Iíve heard that there are some discounts on the very last 2017s of like $12-15k. Unfortunately, those discounts donít translate very well to leases due to money factors and residuals, but if by chance they have further incentives, it is a must buy, IMO. The car is that good. Loved my M3, but despite the one paper performance, kind of left me feeling a bit cold. Car is rather sterile and more common, which for some people, a positive, but if you want something exotic and different, the Alfa is the way to go. I had put about $10-12k of mods on my M3 and even with those, the Alfa was better stock. I thought of just keeping both, but after a month of back to back drives, it was clear the Alfa was just more fun, smoother, faster, better sounding, had more comfortable seats, and the list went on from there. My M3 did have better infotainment in general, and being coded with the Euro Adaptive LED lights was cool, but all the other vital driving traits more than compensated for those few pro-M3 features. As stated before, mine has been rock solid. Honestly, as a car guy, I expected seeing some little issues based on being Italian, but to my surprise, it is actually more reliable than my M3. I had lithium battery issues, quirky electrical issues, dct issues, even random driving assistant issues. It was like the car would sense a ghost walking across the street and freak out with warning sensor alerts. Some of those issues also contributed to the decision to just offload the M3. Anyway, if you can lease a Quadrifoglio for $800s, youíd be crazy not to grab it.
Appreciate 1
ted99142.00

      09-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #158
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
142
Rep
400
Posts

Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
This could well end up extremely close in price to the 4 cylinder Macan!! Anyone who would take this over the Porsche would need their head looking at!!
Pricing can be very variable. I "built" a 2018 X5 PHEV and the 2019 Cayenne PHEV. The Porsche did what all Porsches do, after you finish with adding options to come up with comparable cars. It was $15K more expensive than the BMW. Of course, the BMW had a 4 cyl and the Porsche a V-6. For 2019, both will have 6 cyl. But, Motor Trend estimates the 5-yr retained value of the Porsche at 60% and the BMW at 50%. My experience with my 2013 991.1 Porsche was a total of $3000 for regular maintenance over 4 years and $0 for my 2014 528i. I've driven both the base 4 cyl Macan and the plain jane X2 and I far preferred the Porsche. Perhaps that's my bias to RWD v, FWD. You pays your money and you takes your choices!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #159
nozydog
General Dogsbody
nozydog's Avatar
United Kingdom
438
Rep
982
Posts

Drives: 2017 340-6MT
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
Pricing can be very variable. I "built" a 2018 X5 PHEV and the 2019 Cayenne PHEV. The Porsche did what all Porsches do, after you finish with adding options to come up with comparable cars. It was $15K more expensive than the BMW. Of course, the BMW had a 4 cyl and the Porsche a V-6. For 2019, both will have 6 cyl. But, Motor Trend estimates the 5-yr retained value of the Porsche at 60% and the BMW at 50%. My experience with my 2013 991.1 Porsche was a total of $3000 for regular maintenance over 4 years and $0 for my 2014 528i. I've driven both the base 4 cyl Macan and the plain jane X2 and I far preferred the Porsche. Perhaps that's my bias to RWD v, FWD. You pays your money and you takes your choices!
You do indeed, but for me, just the sheer quality, attention to detail and engineering would sell me the Porsche. I'd take a base Macan without a single option over a loaded X2 all day long! Now people will say it's just an overpriced Audi... but actually it's definitely not! Porsche have a reputation and I don't believe they'd risk that! By all accounts the Macan out drives every other SUV on the market by a country mile!

The main thing that might get me in an X2 is it's nice compact size. It's shorter than the X1 with that neatly cropped snout & rear making it a pretty compact car!

Last edited by nozydog; 09-11-2018 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 01:57 PM   #160
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
148
Rep
1,698
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Fool, he bought his dad that m2.

And he was talking about the way a car drives, not hp. The m240 is as fast it faster than the m2 if it doesn't have to turn.
That’s even worse, spoiled rich kid making fun of and taking shots at people because he has a lot of money. I’ve owned 3 M3’s and I don’t belittle people because they can’t afford or don’t need an M car. I can afford M cars but I realized after wasting a lot of money over the years unless your going to a track its a total waste. 16 BMW’s and 3 M’s and never went to a track so why would I give a shit. Don’t get your feeling hurt because the car magazines said buy the M240, buy the way the M240 has less hp but is as fast on every road but a track.
__________________
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X30i Xdrive
Appreciate 1
termigni1054.00

      09-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #161
akkando
Major General
3957
Rep
5,202
Posts

Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Fool, he bought his dad that m2.

And he was talking about the way a car drives, not hp. The m240 is as fast it faster than the m2 if it doesn't have to turn.
That's even worse, spoiled rich kid making fun of and taking shots at people because he has a lot of money. I've owned 3 M3's and I don't belittle people because they can't afford or don't need an M car. I can afford M cars but I realized after wasting a lot of money over the years unless your going to a track its a total waste. 16 BMW's and 3 M's and never went to a track so why would I give a shit. Don't get your feeling hurt because the car magazines said buy the M240, buy the way the M240 has less hp but is as fast on every road but a track.
Don't assume people's feelings are hurt, I'm just correcting you.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 02:36 AM   #162
Riggssuzuki
New Member
8
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW 335d msport xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Elgin

iTrader: (0)

Oh dear BMW what have you done!!!!!????? I bought my wife a 18d Msport+. She loves it, I said that if they came out with a sporty version then I would consider one for myself to replace the 330d Msport. Now they have only gone and done it!!!!! What do I do? X2 35i or 335D Msport. Hmm. Both great cars. HELP!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #163
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
termigni's Avatar
United_States
1054
Rep
1,772
Posts

Drives: S2000, X6,M2, Model3, 911
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
I think they look great...but they definitely don't look like the bolstering is as good as the F80/2/3 seats. Personally, I think the thigh extender sticks out too much in retracted position. Other than that, I like them.
now that I'm looking at them more and more, I agree that the bolsterings look pretty low and not supportive as the F80 2/3 seats. I love my F80 sports seats.
__________________
2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #164
DroneandDone
Private First Class
United_States
58
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 18 MG M2
Join Date: May 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

when can we expect to see pricing?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #165
Rse1
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 120d
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

BMW still does these wart foglights dont get it the ones on my gtd look way better. The car looks good but still has a lot of old tech incandescent turn signals like really in 2018 no digital gauges!? I mean like why does it always take an entire cycle at BMW to trickle tech down. The car isn't even a year old. All other brands refresh there tech way quicker
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #166
Bimmerforlife
Captain
56
Rep
782
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

So production starts in Nov 2018 for the US.

When will we be able to build it now on the website?

So the US will get the electronic shifter with leather wrap?

Will the US get digital gauges or the same analog ones in the photos?

Will BMW finally add blind spot monitoring detection as an option since they left it out?

What is the ground clearance on this car? I was wondering if itís more than my 2011 335i which is about 5.5 inches. Will it have a higher ride height or about the same as my car?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #167
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Canada
91
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: 2002 BMW M3 6MT Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Metro Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerforlife View Post
So production starts in Nov 2018 for the US.

When will we be able to build it now on the website?

So the US will get the electronic shifter with leather wrap?

Will the US get digital gauges or the same analog ones in the photos?

Will BMW finally add blind spot monitoring detection as an option since they left it out?

What is the ground clearance on this car? I was wondering if itís more than my 2011 335i which is about 5.5 inches. Will it have a higher ride height or about the same as my car?
If I recall correctly, it wasn't possible to configure an X2 on the BMW USA website until last November, so I doubt you will be able to do it before this November.

Based on the pictures, the vehicle will get the electronic shift lever.

Not sure what you're referring to by digital gauges. The dashboard in the photos is exactly the same as the current X2. There is no mention of any change, so I wouldn't expect a change.

There is no mention of blind spot detection, so I wouldn't expect anything different.

Without measuring, I think the ground clearance of the X2 is greater than a 335. This vehicle might be a bit lower than the regular X2, but likely not much lower.

You're going to have to be patient for details.
Appreciate 1
JustChris12100.00

      09-26-2018, 04:23 AM   #168
ScottAndrew
Banned
371
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: BMW 230i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Right - I think that the 235/240 represents the typical performance one could expect to experience with a normal, base model in the past - but now you have to get an M performance car just to get the old, base level.
Which "base model" in the past got to 60 mph in 4.4 sec, 100 in about 10 sec and pulls about a G on a skidpan?

The "base model" X2 takes 9 sec to 90 mph, by the way. All available on BMW's native home page

Of course, many people on the internet think BMW made this car personally and specially for them, which is why they scream and rant and pull their hair out and declare their hate for all the world to see. But BMW is making this car with a shared platform and engine to reduce the cost of manufacture, and the profits from these cars go into making the next $35,000 family car accelerate from 0 to 60 in 4 sec, protect you and your child in a major collision, keep you safe if you're daft enough to browse social media driving down the road, put engineering into the next generation of M cars, all that good stuff.

So put up with it or BMW will take all your toys away and you can bore the tits off the internet by screaming and ranting about how BMW doesn't make M cars like it used to, etc etc etc.

Last edited by ScottAndrew; 09-26-2018 at 04:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
JustChris12100.00

      09-26-2018, 04:25 AM   #169
ScottAndrew
Banned
371
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: BMW 230i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice31 View Post
Interior is awful, engine is a disgrace
Oh have you driven it? What was it like?
Appreciate 1
JustChris12100.00

      09-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #170
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4594
Rep
10,043
Posts

Drives: 2021 JCW MT/2016 981 BGTS PDK
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
Which "base model" in the past got to 60 mph in 4.4 sec, 100 in about 10 sec and pulls about a G on a skidpan?

The "base model" X2 takes 9 sec to 90 mph, by the way. All available on BMW's native home page

Of course, many people on the internet think BMW made this car personally and specially for them, which is why they scream and rant and pull their hair out and declare their hate for all the world to see. But BMW is making this car with a shared platform and engine to reduce the cost of manufacture, and the profits from these cars go into making the next $35,000 family car accelerate from 0 to 60 in 4 sec, protect you and your child in a major collision, keep you safe if you're daft enough to browse social media driving down the road, put engineering into the next generation of M cars, all that good stuff.

So put up with it or BMW will take all your toys away and you can bore the tits off the internet by screaming and ranting about how BMW doesn't make M cars like it used to, etc etc etc.
Who pissed in your Post Toasties?

The car is disappointing to me because there are fewer and fewer options to get a RWD BMW without getting something huge. And the fact that no true ///M variants will be available is also a big miss, because I owned an M performance product and it was the worst BMW I have had.

I am on my 7th now, so I speak from personal experience - that was the point I am trying to make.

The cars also used to be more than just 0-60 numbers. Subjective aspects like RWD, steering feel, competent chassis, etc...these were staples of the base models. My point is that anyone who has driven an F30 will tell you that that apple has fallen far from the tree. So now you're forced to buy an M performance model to get a slither of what every BMW used to have...and then you throw in the move to FWD in the smaller models - exactly for the reasons you state: additional profit. Not because the change is what BMW's customer base has been asking for.

What is it they say about an answer to a question no one asked?
__________________
Past rides: 2020 MINI JCW, 2017 F80, 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #171
ScottAndrew
Banned
371
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: BMW 230i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
The car is disappointing to me because there are fewer and fewer options to get a RWD BMW without getting something huge.
Sadly, that is the direction of the market. But BMW will still sell you a 2 series in RWD, or a 3/4.
Quote:
And the fact that no true ///M variants will be available is also a big miss, because I owned an M performance product and it was the worst BMW I have had.
In which chassis? The UKL cars? Well that's probably fair, it's a transverse engine family car chassis, a "true M" car would not be a "true M" car in many people's eyes.
Quote:
The cars also used to be more than just 0-60 numbers. Subjective aspects like RWD, steering feel, competent chassis, etc...these were staples of the base models.
OK now I see what you mean. Yes, the F30 feels a bit neutered compared to cars of the past but it was still better than the car it replaced. There isn't much else that is real competition; to drive, Audis still aren't as good, perhaps Alfas steer better but they still have reliability problems, Jags get the ride/handling balance better but come with their own drawbacks.
Quote:
Not because the change is what BMW's customer base has been asking for.
But crossover cars like this are what people - not enthusiasts, I refer to the people who give the company most of it revenues - want to buy at highly competitive prices. BMW's enthusiast customer base is ultimately very small.
Appreciate 1
JustChris12100.00

      09-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #172
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
148
Rep
1,698
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Fool, he bought his dad that m2.

And he was talking about the way a car drives, not hp. The m240 is as fast it faster than the m2 if it doesn't have to turn.
Asshole, don’t call me a Fool, do you like being called Asshole because I’m no fool. I’ve owned more BMW’s than you and the other dumbass have ever probably ridden in and your both idiots.
__________________
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X30i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 05:13 PM   #173
akkando
Major General
3957
Rep
5,202
Posts

Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Asshole, don’t call me a Fool, do you like being called Asshole because I’m no fool. I’ve owned more BMW’s than you and the other dumbass have ever probably ridden in and your both idiots.
I wasn't going to take back the fool comment, but the fact that you have owned A LOT of BMWs totally changes my mind! That's amazing!
Appreciate 1
JustChris12100.00

      09-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #174
ice31
Private First Class
126
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: x3 3.0i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice31 View Post
Interior is awful, engine is a disgrace
Oh have you driven it? What was it like?
As a matter of fact I did, it was as I described. Of course opinions differ, for someone it might be excellent, not for me... So there's no need for your ironic remarks. Cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #175
arciga18
Colonel
arciga18's Avatar
1222
Rep
2,993
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Anyone have an ordering guide
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #176
arciga18
Colonel
arciga18's Avatar
1222
Rep
2,993
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_F36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Who has the ordering guide
Not published yet I went and looked
Any ordering guide NH_F36 ?


Thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST