BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: US GP - Austin (Oct 24)

10-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #353
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Jos must be feeling proud with the endless coaching of Max from the past and it makes the bill being brought up in a loving family than by a single parent.
https://grandpx.news/father-says-ver...ication-clicks
More likely thinking about the money & revelling in his sons (so far limited) success to make up for his own failed racing career & I suspect that the 'poor little Dutch boy' had no choice but to become a racing driver
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00
      10-25-2021, 04:17 PM   #354
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Data shows Mercs speed advantage.

Interesting to see the speed delta on the straight.
Attached Images

10-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #355
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
More likely thinking about the money & revelling in his sons (so far limited) success to make up for his own failed racing career & I suspect that the 'poor little Dutch boy' had no choice but to become a racing driver
Better than working at Tesco's
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #356
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Better than working at Tesco's
Can't disagree with that (other supermarket chains are available)

Edit
Did you ever watch that series about kids racing go karts? Some of the Dads got pretty miffed if their kid didn't do as well as the Dad wanted them to, can't recollect what it was callled

Britains fastest kids

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...INdS8Bt5rI2in7
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 10-25-2021 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      10-25-2021, 05:24 PM   #357
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Interesting to see the speed delta on the straight.
That figures at 3225 on lap 54 and 55 Ham top speed though fast was countered by Max saving tyres a bit earlier and he put the speed on when it mattered. Ham's luck ran out at last with things falling into place for Max,Schumacher was a bonus but even without him Max would have held on.
Appreciate 3
Bubbles2752.00
GuidoK10473.00
      10-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #358
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Can't disagree with that (other supermarket chains are available)

Edit
Did you ever watch that series about kids racing go karts? Some of the Dads got pretty miffed if their kid didn't do as well as the Dad wanted them to, can't recollect what it was callled
No but it's the same with kids football where feelings run high except in karts the dad's don't fight each other over a dispute lol
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 05:46 PM   #359
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Jos must be feeling proud with the endless coaching of Max from the past and it makes the bill being brought up in a loving family than by a single parent.
Hard to think of anything positive about Jos (other than fathering a good son that shows none of his father's asshole tendencies).

"After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim."

"In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife (Max's mother). He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening her in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence."

"On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her. In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond, but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn. Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014. They divorced on 2 June 2017."
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
yco5720.50
      10-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #360
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Hard to think of anything positive about Jos (other than fathering a good son that shows none of his father's asshole tendencies).

"After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim."

"In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife (Max's mother). He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening her in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence."

"On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her. In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond, but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn. Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014. They divorced on 2 June 2017."
That's quite some info there but as you know there are two sides to every story.
Some marriages are made in heaven and hell as they say.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
      10-25-2021, 08:08 PM   #361
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
No, I disagree with the w12 being the fastest car, and here are the reasons:

1) Qualifying showed at full beans the RB16B is still faster than the W12 even with mercedes's squatting rear suspension, and it wasn't a small margin either it was a pretty large gap of 3 tenths.

2) Even during lap 1 of the GP when Hamilton was ahead and tire wear was equal, Verstappen was able to keep within the 1 second delta (before DRS was deployed) despite the dirty air.

3) Even with worn tires Max was still able able to keep the delta above 1 second for multiple laps after Hamilton was close enough to be affected by the dirty air, this shows even with fresher tires and low fuel load the W12 can't keep up with the RB16B. Whereas the RB16B was able to follow in dirty air with full fuel and equal tires.

4) You can also look at when Max pitted for the under cut, his delta was increasing insanely quickly as well, Lewis was never able to cut back any of that time. After Lewis pitted Max was still able to get back some time in the lower speed corners despite the older tires. This just shows how much mechanical grip the RB16B has in low speed corners.

The regs have really hit mercedes hard, and the gap has only closed up slightly since Silverstone. But the advantage is still favoring RB.

I understand why you are saying the W12 is faster, and it is a sneaky attempt to gaslight mercedes and give more credit to Max instead of giving credit to the car. But you can't have it both ways, you guys are either complaining max doesn't have the car or it is all max and not the car. In this case it is evident RB's new upgrades make the RB16B the faster car overall.

So it is not all Max (he has been consistent all year round and he was consistent last year too), it is actually the combination of Max being insanely fast and literally not making a single mistake this season + a stupid fast redbull with all the recent upgrades Honda and RB have thrown at it. You cannot have one without the other, put Max in a Haas and he doesn't even make Q2 or score a single point. Put a really crappy driver in the Merc or RB and a ferrari and mclaren likely can beat him.
Yes & No

•Red Bull

My story goes back to Azerbeidzjan-Baku (june 6)
MAX was leading the race with +/- 14 sec. 6 laps to go , and he couldn't lose the race anymore .But his right rear tire blew and he crashed in the wall .
Same for a McLaren car , a tire blew..
And of course suddenly Pirelli was threw under pressure ! Logic !

So the Italian tire manufacturer decided to develop a new tire , a stronger tire with more rubber and Pirelli reinforced the side wall of the tire as well .

Suddenly the W12 was able to run longer stints with the new Pirelli tire , and the RB16-B was in trouble with faster tire wear !
It was clear as water , the new tire was developed for the low rake car , and the high rake car had to figure it out .
And a new 'Mercedes tire was born !

Last weeked at COTA we still witnessed the same situation . The tires on the W12 last longer .
So regarding tires , Mercedes has a huge advantage .
In Turkey , Adrian-Newey was back and the RB16-B got a new floor but Checo was the test mule . By the new floor the RB16-B looks more balanced , but the tire wear issue still isn't fixed like it should be .

•Mercedes

At lot of advantages ! (100% sure)
As I said above , the tires for sure . "The Mercedes Pirelli tires"
Silverstone...Suddenly the W12 was bullet fast !
2 weeks later I heard that Mercedes was messing with their air-temp sensors in the plenum .
The air sensors can fool the inlet air temp. to let the PU think that the air is cooler, by this the PU gets more fuel , and more fuel is more power and torque !
10 weeks later I heard that 2 Mercedes PU's were replaced by micro cracks , but they came back even faster on the track and BOT won easely in Russia .
Micro cracks or not , they got an intercooler upgrade at the same time anyway .
And BOOM we got World-News !
The W12 was suddenly 15-20 km/h faster on the straights !

Hey check this out ! "The W12 runs faster without DRS than the RB16-B with DRS" !

This race weekend at COTA
During FP-1/2/3, suddenly we saw the rear of the W12 dropping on the fast straights !
Meanwhile the thing has a name : "The Mercedes rear squat suspension"
Saw the thing dropping in slow-motion ,honestly I'm impressed ! The rear of the W12 drops at least 3-4 cm !
But I heard also the (a) name : DAS-2.0
OK . DAS . Let's not forget that Mercedes got the whole 2020 season a huge advantage by DAS .

Let's talk about the Mercedes FLEXIBLE front wing , to get that higher top-speed ?
What's next ?
C'mon mate , let's be serious !

•Last word :

#FIAMercedes !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
GuidoK10473.00
      10-25-2021, 09:27 PM   #362
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes & No

•Red Bull

My story goes back to Azerbeidzjan-Baku (june 6)
MAX was leading the race with +/- 14 sec. 6 laps to go , and he couldn't lose the race anymore .But his right rear tire blew and he crashed in the wall .
Same for a McLaren car , a tire blew..
And of course suddenly Pirelli was threw under pressure ! Logic !

So the Italian tire manufacturer decided to develop a new tire , a stronger tire with more rubber and Pirelli reinforced the side wall of the tire as well .

Suddenly the W12 was able to run longer stints with the new Pirelli tire , and the RB16-B was in trouble with faster tire wear !
It was clear as water , the new tire was developed for the low rake car , and the high rake car had to figure it out .
And a new 'Mercedes tire was born !

Last weeked at COTA we still witnessed the same situation . The tires on the W12 last longer .
So regarding tires , Mercedes has a huge advantage .
In Turkey , Adrian-Newey was back and the RB16-B got a new floor but Checo was the test mule . By the new floor the RB16-B looks more balanced , but the tire wear issue still isn't fixed like it should be .

•Mercedes

At lot of advantages ! (100% sure)
As I said above , the tires for sure . "The Mercedes Pirelli tires"
Silverstone...Suddenly the W12 was bullet fast !
2 weeks later I heard that Mercedes was messing with their air-temp sensors in the plenum .
The air sensors can fool the inlet air temp. to let the PU think that the air is cooler, by this the PU gets more fuel , and more fuel is more power and torque !
10 weeks later I heard that 2 Mercedes PU's were replaced by micro cracks , but they came back even faster on the track and BOT won easely in Russia .
Micro cracks or not , they got an intercooler upgrade at the same time anyway .
And BOOM we got World-News !
The W12 was suddenly 15-20 km/h faster on the straights !

Hey check this out ! "The W12 runs faster without DRS than the RB16-B with DRS" !

This race weekend at COTA
During FP-1/2/3, suddenly we saw the rear of the W12 dropping on the fast straights !
Meanwhile the thing has a name : "The Mercedes rear squat suspension"
Saw the thing dropping in slow-motion ,honestly I'm impressed ! The rear of the W12 drops at least 3-4 cm !
But I heard also the (a) name : DAS-2.0
OK . DAS . Let's not forget that Mercedes got the whole 2020 season a huge advantage by DAS .

Let's talk about the Mercedes FLEXIBLE front wing , to get that higher top-speed ?
What's next ?
C'mon mate , let's be serious !

•Last word :

#FIAMercedes !
First off wasn't it the aston martin of stroll that crashed not a mclaren?

Next in regards to tire wear, even during the US GP Max never lost pace even in the dirty air behind lewis for nearly 20 laps, and when ahead max was able to hold off Lewis who had way fresher tires. These are the comparisons that matter, because one shows the cars with equal tires and even with equal tires the RB16B can deal with dirty air and still maintain a 1 second delta, and one shows that even with newer tires the w12 cannot pass the RB16B. This in conjunction with the qualifying pace shows that with the new upgrades the RB16B is faster than the Mercedes - over a race. Sure the mercedes is faster in the straights but that is the only area where it seems faster.

All the other points don't matter - I've already discussed them before.
      10-26-2021, 02:33 AM   #363
M5Rick
General
Rep

For Jeddah Merc will probably run softer springs than Austin and the squat will probably be more meaning a higher top speed.
At Mexico and Brazil the turbo's have to work harder and though RB is said to have advantage there the load on the turbos will be a concern for both RB and Merc.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 05:19 AM   #364
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
First off wasn't it the aston martin of stroll that crashed not a mclaren?

Next in regards to tire wear, even during the US GP Max never lost pace even in the dirty air behind lewis for nearly 20 laps, and when ahead max was able to hold off Lewis who had way fresher tires. These are the comparisons that matter, because one shows the cars with equal tires and even with equal tires the RB16B can deal with dirty air and still maintain a 1 second delta, and one shows that even with newer tires the w12 cannot pass the RB16B. This in conjunction with the qualifying pace shows that with the new upgrades the RB16B is faster than the Mercedes - over a race. Sure the mercedes is faster in the straights but that is the only area where it seems faster.

All the other points don't matter - I've already discussed them before.
Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll (Strulovic) => In lap 29 .
MAX => In lap 47 of 51 laps .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      10-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #365
jsanatx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32-Sapphire Black

Got a chance to work the F1 race again this year. AMAZING crowds, great race and overall fantastic experience. Remember this race, its the one that really opened up F1 for the US. Posting some pics from the quali, during race and end of race.
Attached Images

Last edited by jsanatx; 10-26-2021 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 9
Bubbles2752.00
M5Rick58873.50
minn1913970.00
E91WAG3N1246.50
yco5720.50
      10-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #366
jsanatx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32-Sapphire Black

A couple more...
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
M5Rick58873.50
Fliplegend1469.50
minn1913970.00
yco5720.50
      10-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #367
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Martin Brundle tells Vanilla Ice to piss off

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/10...-on-our-patch/

Last edited by Killed by Death; 10-26-2021 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 3
Fliplegend1469.50
M5Rick58873.50
      10-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #368
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Man. As big as those cars look on track, they are absolutely beautiful.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #369
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Next to Shaquille O'Neal those F1 drivers look like Hobbits.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
      10-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #370
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Next to Shaquille O'Neal those F1 drivers look like Hobbits.
Diesel makes almost everyone look like a hobbit
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 04:46 PM   #371
M5Rick
General
Rep

RB's antidote by Marko
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/97296...riving-it.html
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 04:54 PM   #372
M5Rick
General
Rep

Newey's bike accident wasn't as bad as reported by the media.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/97309...-in-media.html
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #373
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't think I'd be revealing anything to MB at this point. A mistake IMHO.

Silence is golden.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 05:51 PM   #374
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I don't think I'd be revealing anything to MB at this point. A mistake IMHO.

Silence is golden.
A smaller rear wing that was all it was and it's known now that Merc are not that good on full tanks.
Appreciate 1