BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Is this really true? If so, why?

10-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #1
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Is this really true? If so, why?

I was about to order a 2022 X1, sent my dealer my build number only for them to tell me that even though I ordered the Premium pkg, if I also order the Active Cruise Control option, it deletes the heated steering wheel out of the Premium pkg. True?

The built in logic in the online config tool doesn’t tell me the heated steering wheel is being removed from the Premium pkg when it accepts the ACC stop & go + Active Driving Assistant option. It allows me to order both but the SA said he checked with BMW and they confirmed it. Also, if he is correct and the $2,200 Premium pkg deletes the heated steering wheel, why doesn’t it lower the price to reflect it? Just isn’t making sense to me. Figured someone here would have the facts as possibly they were successful in ordering in both
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
JsingX5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X1, 2017 X5

I don’t have ACC ordered but in my config heated seats & steering wheel show up as standard options and not under premium package.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #3
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

I was under the impression for 2021 they removed the limitation they had in the past of deleting the heated steering wheel when you added the ACC.

That being said, previously you could not have a heated steering wheel in the x1 or x2 if you added ACC, the dealer may not know of the update.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I was under the impression for 2021 they removed the limitation they had in the past of deleting the heated steering wheel when you added the ACC.

That being said, previously you could not have a heated steering wheel in the x1 or x2 if you added ACC, the dealer may not know of the update.
I went to a different dealer yesterday, they also said you cannot have a heated steering wheel along with the ACC on a 2021 or 2022. Still no reason why the online config allows me to order both without giving any pop up warning and without reducing the Premium pkg price when the heated steering gets removed. Might just be a mistake but the dealers did not have a reason for why you cannot have both.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 09:05 PM   #5
grumpyguy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:

I went to a different dealer yesterday, they also said you cannot have a heated steering wheel along with the ACC on a 2021 or 2022. Still no reason why the online config allows me to order both without giving any pop up warning and without reducing the Premium pkg price when the heated steering gets removed. Might just be a mistake but the dealers did not have a reason for why you cannot have both.
I ran across this video from a dealer in Denver who says for 2022 you can have both ACC and a heated steering wheel… at about 56 seconds in…

Providing customers with a copy of the 2022 ordering would help.

Edit: Says Denver but the video references the Canada ordering guide and the dealer is actually in Toronto so it seems it doesn't apply in the US.
      10-15-2021, 08:14 AM   #6
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
dealers did not have a reason for why you cannot have both.
The reason for it being an either/or previously was that there were incompatible wiring/components in the steering column/wheel that prevented both from coexisting.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
I ran across this video from a dealer in Denver who says for 2022 you can have both ACC and a heated steering wheel… at about 56 seconds in…

Providing customers with a copy of the 2022 ordering would help.

Edit: Says Denver but the video references the Canada ordering guide and the dealer is actually in Toronto so it seems it doesn't apply in the US.
Yeah, saw that video but discounted it due to it being Canadian as I know there are lots of differences between what BMW thinks the Canadians and the US want. Thanks for posting though!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #8
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The reason for it being an either/or previously was that there were incompatible wiring/components in the steering column/wheel that prevented both from coexisting.
One of the dealers said it had something to do with too much technology embedded in the steering wheel. However, other brands offer it so BMW needs to get on the stick.
Appreciate 0