BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

02-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #67
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Does your 328i have the same net-like A/B pillars and headliners as the 335i M-Sport (..which I doubt because you have a Sport Line)? If so, I predict - based on the SC photo - that the cloth material is the same or similar to that.
I have the regular sport line, but yes, my headliner and pillar lining is the same material. I would be happy if it is the same material. That stuff wears well and is easy to clean.
      02-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #68
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I'm right there with you.
I am really excited. I just hope that it doesn't limit the HUD option.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #69
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishhead24 View Post
I have the regular sport line, but yes, my headliner and pillar lining is the same material. I would be happy if it is the same material. That stuff wears well and is easy to clean.
Yessssssssssssssss!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #70
damnitBobby
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

<------- cloth fanboy
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #71
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

I had speed cloth on my E90 and loved it. I think the contrast in materials it provides in the cabin is welcome. Especially with the relatively bland E90/E92 interiors. The interior on the F30 is much better but I still like speed cloth.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #72
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Gotta admit, that looks pretty good. Much better than previous examples.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #73
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Comfort Access is something I can do without. I don't have it on my car now, so I won't miss it.
If I didn't have it on my current car (along with HUD) I wouldn't miss it either, but I do have it. I don't want to go without it, especially on a much more expensive car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #74
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

I'm not a fan for the very reason that this vehicle HAS moved upscale and the cloth is not unique or exotic in some way. It adds nothing to the interior to me. It's not finely patterned (that I can tell) or spicy to look at. It dulls the interior to me compared to, say, Silverstone or sakhir organge full leather.

Now, that being said, I'm sure it saves some weight and costs less to do!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #75
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
I'm not a fan for the very reason that this vehicle HAS moved upscale and the cloth is not unique or exotic in some way. It adds nothing to the interior to me. It's not finely patterned (that I can tell) or spicy to look at. It dulls the interior to me compared to, say, Silverstone or sakhir organge full leather.

Now, that being said, I'm sure it saves some weight and costs less to do!

Just out of curiosity, how is this car any more upscale than.....sayyy, an E9X M3? I'm not being antagonistic in any way. I'm merely curious about what leads you to believe that.

As for the interior not having any patterns, etc........that's the draw. The E46 ///M3 got alcantara with a pattern stolen from a passenger plane and cloth that was okay, but nothing really modern. The E9X did a little better with its Speed Cloth, but the seats didn't have the panache of the F8X's sporty buckets. The F8X's cloth is, indeed, patterned with a mesh/net-like design. It looks very modern. Like I've mentioned in a few other posts, the F3X's pillars and headliner are now an anthracite mesh/net-like material, and it is really nice. The material on these seats looks very similar.

I tried to find a good photo of it, and this was the best that I could come up with (..but it's not a good representation by any means):

...and now that I look at it again, the Speed Cloth on the F8X's seats looks to be a much higher quality (..and a different mesh design).

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 02-17-2014 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #76
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

These new cloth M seats remind me of my GP recaro seats. It has me rethinking them as another option to all leather.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #77
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how is this car any more upscale than.....sayyy, an E9X M3? I'm not being antagonistic in any way. I'm merely curious about what leads you to believe that.

As for the interior not having any patterns, etc........that's the draw. The E46 ///M3 got alcantara with a pattern stolen from a passenger plane and cloth that was okay, but nothing really modern. The E9X did a little better with its Speed Cloth, but the seats didn't have the panache of the F8X's sporty buckets. The F8X's cloth is, indeed, patterned with a mesh/net-like design. It looks very modern. Like I've mentioned in a few other posts, the F3X's pillars and headliner are now an anthracite mesh/net-like material, and it is really nice. The material on these seats looks very similar.

...and now that I look at it again, the Speed Cloth on the F8X's seats looks to be a much higher quality (..and a different mesh design).
So....I think it has moved more upscale because the f30/f80 offers more options and is a larger vehicle. I also, in my mind, associate technology-laden/early adopter products with upscale design and materials. So I'm sure it's partly that as well.

Someone earlier said it reminds them of the headliner material in the f3x 335i. I know that headliner material, and find it cheap personally.

Again, I'll wait to see it in person as this type of thing is very dependant upon the upclose look and feel. In pictures though, it reminds me of the European 318's I see pictures of....it looks like how I'd expect a $25-30k 3-series to look. Nice cloth, well executed, but still a lower-end product.

I'm not knocking cloth and I'd love to see BMW execute it in a really attractive manner. Personally I'd rather see leather doors and cloth seats or cloth-inserted seats. But I'll pass judgment only after experiencing it firsthand.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #78
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
So....I think it has moved more upscale because the f30/f80 offers more options and is a larger vehicle. I also, in my mind, associate technology-laden/early adopter products with upscale design and materials. So I'm sure it's partly that as well.

Someone earlier said it reminds them of the headliner material in the f3x 335i. I know that headliner material, and find it cheap personally.

Again, I'll wait to see it in person as this type of thing is very dependant upon the upclose look and feel. In pictures though, it reminds me of the European 318's I see pictures of....it looks like how I'd expect a $25-30k 3-series to look. Nice cloth, well executed, but still a lower-end product.

I'm not knocking cloth and I'd love to see BMW execute it in a really attractive manner. Personally I'd rather see leather doors and cloth seats or cloth-inserted seats. But I'll pass judgment only after experiencing it firsthand.
We agree on the point about the leather doors. The seats are cloth inserted however. The upper/lower bolsters are Merino leather, as are other portions of the seat. In previous ///M's, only the centermost portion was cloth or alcantara and the bolsters were Nappa.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #79
jzmundy
Major
Rep
Drives: F97

Liking the idea of cloth with aluminum trim...

Hmm...
      02-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #80
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Like I've mentioned in a few other posts, the F3X's pillars and headliner are now an anthracite mesh/net-like material, and it is really nice. The material on these seats looks very similar.

I tried to find a good photo of it, and this was the best that I could come up with (..but it's not a good representation by any means):

I expect more out of you. GoogleFu score from the Russian judge: 2

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel

Last edited by TheDeliverator; 02-17-2014 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #81
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator
Quote:
Like I've mentioned in a few other posts, the F3X's pillars and headliner are now an anthracite mesh/net-like material, and it is really nice. The material on these seats looks very similar.

I expect more out of you. GoogleFu score from the Russian judge: 2
I'll do better. A '2-Card' just won't do. LOL!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #82
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Don't make me do this again

Persevered through an initial panic attack after not being able to find anything even close to as good as your image...

courtesy of @dd1981 at f30post

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #83
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

As much as I like the idea of YMB/SO, this really looks great. I'll take it with that Piano Black trim too, though we almost surely won't have the option from the factory. Hopefully they give us Blue Shadow at least.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #84
bmwluvr24
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
As much as I like the idea of YMB/SO, this really looks great. I'll take it with that Piano Black trim too, though we almost surely won't have the option from the factory. Hopefully they give us Blue Shadow at least.
Since CF trim is standard for the US model, you should still be able to have that option.
      02-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #85
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Since CF trim is standard for the US model, you should still be able to have that option.
Every region I've seen that does not have the Blue Shadow trim standard has not offered it at all. It's the basic plastic trim, after all. They naturally assume that if you get one of the upgraded trims included in the base price, you won't want to downgrade.

That said, standard CF trim isn't certain for the US yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #86
bmwluvr24
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Every region I've seen that does not have the Blue Shadow trim standard has not offered it at all. It's the basic plastic trim, after all. They naturally assume that if you get one of the upgraded trims included in the base price, you won't want to downgrade.

That said, standard CF trim isn't certain for the US yet.
Shit, at this point, I am having doubts if the car is certain! I am blown away that the US site doesn't have the cars online to play with. I am hoping for CF with speed cloth. That is the most fitting combo for me.
      02-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #87
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator
Quote:
Don't make me do this again

Persevered through an initial panic attack after not being able to find anything even close to as good as your image...

courtesy of @dd1981 at f30post
Bravo!!!!! Great find. You earn a '5-Card'.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #88
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
I am set on the speed cloth option, so I am hoping for a good looking seat without all of the leather maintenance.
Don't bet on it. I had this in my E9x and the side bolsters--the most maintenance intensive area--are actually friggin leather. Not even sensatec or anything. Just leather.

Hope this isn't the case on F8x but as I squint at photos, it disappointingly appears to be the same.