Closed Thread

07-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #199
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Ok from the new shots this does not appear to be a tier 1 or even a Tier 2 supplier.

This appears to be one of the many shops that scan OEM cars attachment points and reverse engineer facia designs for cars.

A tier one supplier would not have painted bumpers sitting on a rack like that.

The bumpers would be either in raw plastic or primed.

I've been at suppliers that also make bmw parts and this I can guarantee is not it.

Most bumpers will not be painted till it is at the production factory and test mules are built at the factory.

These are more than likely for another car or even maybe not even a bmw.

Theirs tons of bumpers that aftermarket sells to make your 500 dollar beater look like a bmw with a "BMW style" bumper.

In this photo you can see the exact same storage shelves.... as in the new photos so rest assured guys this is not an OEM bumper
Weren’t the first separate pics of the M3/M4 front and hood designs from a shop? Like the hood was marked up, hung up on a wall, and the front bumper was sitting on the floor or, and also on a rack.
Edit: I found the pic I was referring to.

Last edited by IS3andME; 07-14-2021 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 4
      07-13-2021, 11:15 PM   #200
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Quote:
Ok from the new shots this does not appear to be a tier 1 or even a Tier 2 supplier.

This appears to be one of the many shops that scan OEM cars attachment points and reverse engineer facia designs for cars.

I've been at suppliers that also make bmw parts and this I can guarantee is not it.

Most bumpers will not be painted till it is at the production factory and test mules are built at the factory.

Theirs tons of bumpers that aftermarket sells to make your 500 dollar beater look like a bmw with a "BMW style" bumper.

In this photo you can see the exact same storage shelves.... as in the new photos so rest assured guys this is not an OEM bumper
Weren't the first separate pics of the M3/M4 front and hood designs from a shop? Like the hood was marked up, hung up on a wall, and the front bumper was sitting on the floor or, and also on a rack.
That's usually when their doing a fitment test with gapping and making sure the part is to print. But the shops tend to look clean and not have cracked floors as that is a osha trip hazard and would not be good for the supplier LOL.....

Well the thing that I can't quite get is the m2 has the wider front fenders from the spy shots and the bumper at least from the pics from the test mule seem to have more flair and these pics the front seem flatter to me. As if it does not have the wider stance.

But that could be the camouflage working its magic

Who knows
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 11:28 PM   #201
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Also this shot tells
Me you also have another bumper in the background from another make of car that's also painted and the area is littered
With the mopeds and such, even the suppliers I deal
With in Mexico have tighter cleaner more organized operation.

I'm really thinking this is just one of the many bumper repro shops that are a dime a dozen over their. It's big business

But I'll just sit and wait to see what happens.

Maybe it's just the designer in me saying no way can they do that..... or maybe It's time to send in my application as they need help! lol!

But seriously look at the bumper leading into the fenders, their a bit narrow it seems. Even the 1m and M2 has a wider flair leading into the fender. From the camouflage pics the front fender seems like a wide one and these pics they look very narrow. Their should be more flair to account for the wider wheel.

Also theirs not room for the front plate as normally it's wide enough for the crash beam in the front and enough for the front euro plate. Here their doesn't seem to be any room.....

Oh well

But it's just a guess.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Driver_X116.00
      07-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #202
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

it's not.... offensive. but it looks like a body kit
      07-14-2021, 12:24 AM   #203
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:

I'm really thinking this is just one of the many bumper repro shops that are a dime a dozen over their. It's big business
Yep! There's about a 1% chance I think this is legit now.
Appreciate 2
Driver_X116.00
siegester344.50
      07-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #204
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Also this shot tells
Me you also have another bumper in the background from another make of car that's also painted and the area is littered

Maybe it's just the designer in me saying no way can they do that..... or maybe It's time to send in my application as they need help! lol!

But seriously look at the bumper leading into the fenders, their a bit narrow it seems. Even the 1m and M2 has a wider flair leading into the fender. From the camouflage pics the front fender seems like a wide one and these pics they look very narrow. Their should be more flair to account for the wider wheel.

Also theirs not room for the front plate as normally it's wide enough for the crash beam in the front and enough for the front euro plate. Here their doesn't seem to be any room.....

Oh well

But it's just a guess.
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works… this might be down another car brand, or knockoffs being completed before the car is even launched.
      07-14-2021, 01:16 AM   #205
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
That's usually when their doing a fitment test with gapping and making sure the part is to print. But the shops tend to look clean and not have cracked floors as that is a osha trip hazard and would not be good for the supplier LOL.....

Well the thing that I can't quite get is the m2 has the wider front fenders from the spy shots and the bumper at least from the pics from the test mule seem to have more flair and these pics the front seem flatter to me. As if it does not have the wider stance.

Who knows
This also could be a test to judge public reaction to the front bumper. Enough outcry and they may change it (or may not). There maybe other versions of the front bumper that they have.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 01:34 AM   #206
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
Quote:
Also this shot tells

Oh well

But it's just a guess.
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works… this might be down another car brand, or knockoffs being completed before the car is even launched.
Yea that's what I pointed out earlier in my other posts .... . I'm looking at it at all points lol.

Who knows at this point . Well maybe just a few out their ....
Appreciate 1
Driver_X116.00
      07-14-2021, 01:36 AM   #207
ZourtsaM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i

Does anyone else think the bottom of light cut out profile looks like an e60?

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1626236889
Appreciate 1
Driver_X116.00
      07-14-2021, 01:50 AM   #208
thaalrasha
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81

New pictures clearly show it's not fitting the headlights shape, there is really little chance this ugly PoS is the real deal. Can't wait for the reveal and put this nightmare to rest...
Appreciate 1
Driver_X116.00
      07-14-2021, 02:21 AM   #209
SexyRoger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer pleaser V2 View Post

M3 headlight is nothing like M340i.
LOL Above is design by engineering and perfection. Below is a BMW M2 render with real front bumper.
Appreciate 1
-c-887.50
      07-14-2021, 02:30 AM   #210
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

It's just a bad body kit likely not even for the G series... Headlights don't match up.
      07-14-2021, 02:31 AM   #211
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

According to my research, there is no aftermarket company on planet earth that reproduces a M2 bumper grille, with the signature "M2" badge baked onto the slants, à la that of the OEM version. So, if this turns out to be a fugazi, it would be a first of its kind.. 🤨

I know this is not an exact science but the badge, which has the exact font as the M2 Competition's grille, combined with other subtle telltales signs, such as the BMW-esque tow eye cover cutout, are beginning to sway towards these leaked photos as bring (unfortunately) authentic.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would bet that the M2 is getting its own bespoke headlights, possible Laser Lights, since that lighting technology actually weights the least.

Regardless of where the chips may fall, it seems that history is destined to repeat itself, as it is shaping up to be yet another interesting reveal.

So all you BMW detractors out there, keep your pitchforks close by

Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      07-14-2021, 03:05 AM   #212
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Nobody is relieved that the m2 is probably not getting the same headlights as the new 2 series? Lol I have no idea what people like anymore. I find the new 2 series headlights and taillights hideous but the rest of the design looks pretty good. I also love the G80 though soo I probably don't have the majority opinion
Appreciate 3
wfydaniel111.50
JTO245276.00
      07-14-2021, 03:35 AM   #213
eldo
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:

M3 headlight is nothing like M340i.
That's because the M3/sedan shares the complete front with the M4/coupe. It's been like that since at least the E90/E92 days.
This should be pretty common knowledge by now.

Also there's no specific M340i headlight, all 3 series models share the same headlights.

As already pointed out headlight developement is crazy expensive. There's simply no way BMW would develop a seperate headlight just for a niche model like the M2. Besides that there is also no other model on the same platform to share the headlight with, unlike in the case of 3/4 series.

So the headlights alone are prove enought that this is not the real deal.
The cheap back alley workshop with alleged top secret parts just lying on the street should tell the rest.
Appreciate 3
Driver_X116.00
chris7197334.00
siegester344.50
      07-14-2021, 04:28 AM   #214
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
See everyone !!!! Same factory same shelves in the background!!!!

These are not an OEM bumper !!!!!

These are not from a tier one supplier I guarantee you
Not saying you're wrong in general, but the shelf geometry looks slightly different to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 04:33 AM   #215
wfydaniel
Private
China
Rep
Drives: G30 540i + G82 M4C Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
Nobody is relieved that the m2 is probably not getting the same headlights as the new 2 series? Lol I have no idea what people like anymore. I find the new 2 series headlights and taillights hideous but the rest of the design looks pretty good. I also love the G80 though soo I probably don't have the majority opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
I was thinking about the same thing, glad they ditched the 2er headlight, it is horrible.

G30 540i Bluestone
G82 M4C Xdrive IoMG / YMB
Golf 7.5 280tsi White
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 04:59 AM   #216
SexyRoger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis_e36@yahoo.gr View Post
Good evening my friend.
Yes, the bumper is a bit strange, but I will tell you something, it gives you the impression that it bites a little if you observe it better, the bumper from the M3 E30. For me it is very good, really, if the bumper really comes out like that, it is very good and I like it. It remains to be seen, what the hidden photos in the streets will show us ....
Agreed the square look is good.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #217
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Quote:

Who knows
This also could be a test to judge public reaction to the front bumper. Enough outcry and they may change it (or may not). There maybe other versions of the front bumper that they have.
BMW doesn't care about any public outcry lol.

People were upset for months, almost a year, when the pics of the G80 grill were leaked. Nothing is changing the course of the fugly train once it's left the station.

This bumper does look a little out of place relative to the rest of the car, but who knows.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2021, 06:42 AM   #218
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

A couple of remarks.

Work shop:
Quote:
Ok from the new shots this does not appear to be a Tier 1 or even a Tier 2 supplier.
I agree that the pictures shown in the first post of this thread were not taken at a BMW supplier work place: judging by the workshop facility, this cannot be OEM. As a consequence, the front bumper on display is at best just a reverse engineered copy but no OEM front bumper prototype. If the 2023 G87 M2 turns out to truly feature this kind of front end design (never say never), then secret G87 M2 blueprints must have been leaked somewhere on the face of the planet for counterfeit or replica purposes.

BMW 'Plant Zero'

R&D:

S58B30T0:

Intellectual property rights protection:
As the M2 logo prominently features on one of the kidneys, BMW can take legal action against the workshop if the latter was not authorized to produce this front bumper (regardless whether that front end bumper is just a fantasy unrelated to BMW or a knockoff). For the difference between counterfeit goods and replica goods: see for example here.

Design:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Usually with the M. It's a case of flipping the M Sport lower bumper upside down to give you a close image of the car.
I presumed M2 would be the same given how flipping gives an interesting form of aerodynamics using the triangles in reverse but using that "Fang" feature carried from the 1M to current M2.
BMW M have said and continue to say that they are pushing more brand individuality and themes for Motorsport branded models.
M3/M4 is a case in point with its horizontal bars and full length kidney Grille. These cars are so far removed from the base 3er and 4er that it amplifies that statement.
Beauty is another matter but you cannot deny that the cars look different and amplify an aggressive appearance than ever before.
They have after all 50 years of history to select from.
As the M series continues with far more hardcore progressive CS and CSL Models. Expect further implementation of Motorsport themes. Such as wire mesh for the inside of the Kidney Grille amongst other methods for further distinction,
So far I have no confirmation whether that mystery front end is the real deal. Despite the M2 logo, the usual tow hook location and structural lines to host a LiDAR in the lower part of the front end (as seen on G87 M2 spy pictures and on the G42 2er), for the time being I still remain skeptical. But I won't rule it out per se.

As pointed out multiple times in the past, the front end design of modern BMW M cars usually features a /---\ central intake design instead of a \---/ design (see for example the dedicated thread visualizing the front end evolution here ("M front bumper design evolution from Z3 M Roadster to M2 Competition")). It would be another design language change if BMW M discontinues this modern hallmark design trait. Unfortunately, ever since the G80 M3 and G82 M4 have come into existence, a radical change for the sake of change has become possible.

Like or dislike ? Two aspects that I personally like about this mystery front end: the suggestion of a different headlights design than the G42 2er one + kidneys design (strong lines + proper compact size).

Now let's imagine for a moment that this front end bumper would reflect the real deal (albeit a copy): expect plastic or carbon fiber pieces (aka 'fangs' and 'air curtains' for aerodynamic purposes - cf. the 'form follows function' motto) and metal mesh parts still to be added in order to properly integrate the front parking sensors + to host a license plate + black plastic parts hosting the LiDAR located in the lower central intake.

To those skilled in drafting renders: add 'fangs' (either in body color or in carbon fiber), a license plate, LiDAR \sides/ and eventually also throw a CF splitter in the mix.

F87 M2 ('fangs' and 'air curtains' integrated - not bolted on):

F87 M2 Competition ('fangs' and 'air curtains' integrated - not bolted on):

F87 M2 CS ('fangs' and 'air curtains' integrated - not bolted on):

pyrat15194.50
chris7197334.00
      07-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #219
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Why do M2 headlights have to be exactly the same as M240?
To save money.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16543.50
      07-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #220
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

All things considered, this bumper appears official to me.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why an aftermarket supplier, who's profits depends on them keeping their ears to the ground, had this brilliant idea that this monstrosity would appeal the general enthusiast market. 🤷🏻

Only BMW AG could be this out of touch with the general public and have the arrogance to still shove it down our throats, even if we express distaste.

I don't know, I believe it's more that likely the real deal but in light of some new perspectives, I'll now hedge my bets incase their is an off chance that it this is some sort of mock-up.

However, I will say is that its existence in this point of the game is just strait-up bizarre. 🤨

A cynical person might even call this a calculated execution intended to provoke a response 🤔 but I'm much more grounded than that. 😎
Appreciate 3
Closed Thread