BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Decisions, decisions...

02-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #45
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
San Marino is one of the standard colours for the M6. I saw one at my dealer and just had to do it on an M4. I would have ordered the Yas Marina otherwise.
I'm normally conservative with my colours; black or white basically, historically silver instead of white...

But an M4 or any performance car needs something that stands out, I don't understand people who buy a M4 and have it in grey!

Googled San Marino, looks nice
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 03:06 AM   #46
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
San Marino is one of the standard colours for the M6. I saw one at my dealer and just had to do it on an M4. I would have ordered the Yas Marina otherwise.
I'm normally conservative with my colours; black or white basically, historically silver instead of white...

But an M4 or any performance car needs something that stands out, I don't understand people who buy a M4 and have it in grey!

Googled San Marino, looks nice
I just needed a change from white for the M4. The plan is to keep this car for a long time so wanted something a bit different.

Last edited by washy; 02-07-2016 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 08:42 AM   #47
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
Congrats @The Beast on your new order . I did exactly the same over the colour and also opted for the Mineral White (but it was very close). It will be interesting to keep comparing notes occasionally on delivery date as I ordered mine on 15th Jan. Dealer said they should be in touch next week with an update - we will see.
So my sales exec placed the order today and emailed me with the initial estimated delivery being end of June. Said he was going to try and get this pulled forward by a couple of weeks, however not sure how he could do this.
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #48
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I saw two mineral white BMW's today, it was a brisk but sunny day in the Midlands. Just confirmed that I made the right decision on the colour, mineral white really sparkles in the sunlight
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #49
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I saw two mineral white BMW's today, it was a brisk but sunny day in the Midlands. Just confirmed that I made the right decision on the colour, mineral white really sparkles in the sunlight
I have not seen a Mineral White F48 - just other models and photo's - so glad to hear we both seem to have chosen wisely.

Chased my lead time again yesterday but still nothing back from BMW
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #50
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have not seen a Mineral White F48 - just other models and photo's - so glad to hear we both seem to have chosen wisely.

Chased my lead time again yesterday but still nothing back from BMW
I haven't bothered chasing it up, trying to get it out of my mind now that I've finalised the specification. I've never waited 5 months for a car before! But I'm sure that it'll be worth the wait
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 05:07 AM   #51
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I haven't bothered chasing it up, trying to get it out of my mind now that I've finalised the specification. I've never waited 5 months for a car before! But I'm sure that it'll be worth the wait
Still had no news a couple of days ago so decided to try and stir it up a bit by contacting BMW Customer Services by email. Eventually got an email back saying they had spoken to my Dealer who would be contacting me - I pointed out that my Dealer had been fine but had not been getting info from BMW.

Anyway, Dealer rang and it seems to have freed up some info - although no improvement.

Seems that BMW have NOT been able to improve availability of 20i engines after all (I am not sure if it is all petrol engines or just 20i). My order should be built week 23 and dealer says they should have it ready for me week 26 - last week of June.

Dealer also has said that all new orders for 20i are being quoted Q3.

Although not great news at least I now have a date in mind whereas before it was a bit too vague for me.

Last edited by Bill_P; 03-04-2016 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 05:20 AM   #52
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I am only waiting four months for an individual build M4 Two weeks in and I can confirm they are worth the wait. I enjoyed our extended test drive in the 18d S drive, but I am so impressed with our own car. Loving the tech toys and ours seems to be built pretty well too. the icing on the cake is that we are averaging 47mpg with it so far.
      02-19-2016, 05:22 AM   #53
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Still had no news a couple of days ago so decided to try and stir it up a bit by contacting BMS Customer Services by email. Eventually got an email back saying they had spoken to my Dealer who would be contacting me - I pointed out that my Dealer had been fine but had not been getting info from BMW.

Anyway, Dealer rang and it seems to have freed up some info - although no improvement.

Seems that BMW have NOT been able to improve availability of 20i engines after all (I am not sure if it is all petrol engines or just 20i). My order should be built week 23 and dealer says they should have it ready for me week 26 - last week of June.

Although not great news at least I now have a date in mind whereas before it was a bit too vague for me.
Appreciate the update

It fits with what my dealer told me, he was able to confirm this the day after I placed my order so not sure if the issue was BMW or your sales assistant not doing his after sales admin work
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #54
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

So made some changes to my original specification today based upon the discovery that speed limit display is a standard feature...

I have dropped the driving assistant, adding a heated steering wheel and the variable sports steering. Was going to have the adjustable lumbar support instead of the variable sport steering, however the sports seats are fine with the lumbar support in exactly the place I need it so I didn't think this would add any real benefit.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 10:55 AM   #55
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Still had no news a couple of days ago so decided to try and stir it up a bit by contacting BMS Customer Services by email. Eventually got an email back saying they had spoken to my Dealer who would be contacting me - I pointed out that my Dealer had been fine but had not been getting info from BMW.

So I tweaked my order today and my SA told me that it looks like the order has come forward a little to the end of May rather than mid to late June... Not getting too excited yet but would be great if it's true!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #56
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So I tweaked my order today and my SA told me that it looks like the order has come forward a little to the end of May rather than mid to late June... Not getting too excited yet but would be great if it's true!
I queried if I would be getting the sliding rear bench seat yesterday and still waiting for an answer on that - lets see if I also get an update on delivery - I am not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #57
Susynoid
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 Glaciersilber

I would always get these options to make your car stand out from others:
* Navi Plus with HUD
* LED headlights
* Panoramic roof
* The 19" rims
But of course it depends on what you want.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #58
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susynoid View Post
I would always get these options to make your car stand out from others:
* Navi Plus with HUD
* LED headlights
* Panoramic roof
* The 19" rims
But of course it depends on what you want.
Thanks

Yes I've ticked all of those boxes and a lot more, a few too many in the opinion of my wife!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 11:08 AM   #59
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Got this update from my SA today

"As of today the car has gone 5055 which means it is locked and confirmed by production control. It should enter build the end of next week all being well."

Appreciate 1
      03-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #60
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast

"As of today the car has gone 5055 which means it is locked and confirmed by production control. It should enter build the end of next week all being well."

Yay good news!
      03-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #61
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Quote:

Start the countdown!
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #62
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Getting excited now...

Going on holiday for two weeks on Sunday so should only be a four week wait when I get back

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 03:43 PM   #63
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

The final two weeks' wait takes an eternity! Keep yourself busy.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2016, 04:49 PM   #64
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
The final two weeks' wait takes an eternity! Keep yourself busy.
Keeping busy is no problem, finding time to fit everything in is
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2016, 06:29 PM   #65
davidkn
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster GTS & 2016 X1

Quote:
So made some changes to my original specification today based upon the discovery that speed limit display is a standard feature...

I have dropped the driving assistant, adding a heated steering wheel and the variable sports steering. Was going to have the adjustable lumbar support instead of the variable sport steering, however the sports seats are fine with the lumbar support in exactly the place I need it so I didn't think this would add any real benefit.
it is a standard feature, but thats not what the driver assistance package feature is about, that takes advantage of the camera and reads the road signs as you pass them, if you don't have this option then it shows you the data from the sat nav, which might not be up to date and might not include all signs. It will also use the camera to see that its raining and show the appropriate speed in countries where the limit is different when its raining (france for example).

I have the same system on my Porsche and paid extra for the camera feature to get the real time info, as i had this on my Mercedes and loved it.

It also helps on the M42 and M25 with the variable speed limits as again it reads them, the standard feature will just show 70 mph as its a motorway according to the san nav data.

Hope that clears it up. IMO still worth getting the driver assistance package, if only for this and the high beam assist (which also relies on the camera). lane departure is just a bonus safety feature i guess.

oh and for whats its worth, i don't think the variable sport steering is worth getting, i considered this on the porsche but dropped the option, it really isn't needed, its not like the car doesn't already have power steering, its just to make it lighter during parking, something you really don't need.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 02:06 AM   #66
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkn View Post
it is a standard feature, but thats not what the driver assistance package feature is about, that takes advantage of the camera and reads the road signs as you pass them, if you don't have this option then it shows you the data from the sat nav, which might not be up to date and might not include all signs. It will also use the camera to see that its raining and show the appropriate speed in countries where the limit is different when its raining (france for example).

I have the same system on my Porsche and paid extra for the camera feature to get the real time info, as i had this on my Mercedes and loved it.

It also helps on the M42 and M25 with the variable speed limits as again it reads them, the standard feature will just show 70 mph as its a motorway according to the san nav data.

Hope that clears it up. IMO still worth getting the driver assistance package, if only for this and the high beam assist (which also relies on the camera). lane departure is just a bonus safety feature i guess.

oh and for whats its worth, i don't think the variable sport steering is worth getting, i considered this on the porsche but dropped the option, it really isn't needed, its not like the car doesn't already have power steering, its just to make it lighter during parking, something you really don't need.
Thanks but I have been told that the camera based system is standard in the UK, the driving assistant just adds the other elements of that package. This has been confirmed by my dealer and other UK based owners who don't have driving assistant but have the speed limit display that picks up changes in speed limit in variable speed limit situations.

Agree on the variable sport steering, it's not worth it on a SUV. However the system is not just about making the steering lighter, it reduces or increases the amount of turn required lock to lock. So for example at a slow speed a certain amount of input will provide a greater degree of turn in and at higher speed less of a degree of turn in.

Appreciate 0