BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Best baecation spots in the US?

05-18-2021, 02:31 PM   #23
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
"Bae," Urban Dictionary says, is an acronym that stands for "before anyone else," or a shortened version of baby or babe, another word for sweetie, and, mostly unrelated, poop in Danish. In addition, "bae" has appeared in rap songs and countless web memes since the mid-2000's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddys550 View Post
Bae = boo, lady, girlfriend, woman, significant other, queen (since his name is John, I am assuming his bae is female; a woman can also call her man or significant other a bae).
We have our selves a Mexican standoff.
Appreciate 3
Tommy-G4467.00
Buddys550168.50
      05-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #24
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Highway 1 along the California coast.
Nah it’s always cold, foggy, and windy. Sucks. Don’t bother.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #25
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBucurE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
As a society, have really got to where we use "baecation" and just accept it? I weep for our future.
That wasn't a typo?
Haha nope. Baecation is modern slang I guess for Bae + vacation.
Oh, I thought it was a bacon themed vacation. Damn.
Appreciate 4
Tommy-G4467.00
King Rudi13152.00
DETRoadster11446.00
      05-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #26
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Havent been going near as long as you, but we go every year. Typically stay around Coligny as we like the shops/atmosphere there. We missed last year due to covid, but are hoping to make the trip in late summer this year. Typically we're there in May just before memorial day weekend.

We love playing golf (and mini golf) and charter fishing while we're there.

This photo was from a couple years ago.
Its where we stay also, just south from Coligny towards Sea Pines rear entrance. We rent from family friends block off beach, $1K in season for 2 story cabana/townhouse with 50 ft shared pool in rear. "Hilton Head Cabanas" if you have not stayed there, check out. My mom live lived right off island until 2019 when she passed...we go down at least twice a year..going June this year, and first week of October. (Nantucket August)

There is a ton to do there, or nothing at all.. no signs or billboards or go karts...peace lol

Are you a Kenny B's fan ? I have his Jambalaya recipe...mmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 03:34 PM   #27
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Its where we stay also, just south from Coligny towards Sea Pines rear entrance. We rent from family friends block off beach, $1K in season for 2 story cabana/townhouse with 50 ft shared pool in rear. "Hilton Head Cabanas" if you have not stayed there, check out. My mom live lived right off island until 2019 when she passed...we go down at least twice a year..going June this year, and first week of October. (Nantucket August)

There is a ton to do there, or nothing at all.. no signs or billboards or go karts...peace lol

Are you a Kenny B's fan ? I have his Jambalaya recipe...mmmmmm
Haven't stayed there, but know where its at. We've stayed at the Breakers a couple times. (pretty cheap off-season), most recently we had another couple with us and we stayed at North Shore Place. Really nice 2 bedroom condo's just to the east of Coligny plaza.

Absolutely love the fact there is literally zero neon signs on the whole island. Gives you a feel you're in another country. very peaceful.

I have not been to Kenny B's. I'll have to make a point to get over there next time we are there. We frequent Hudson's, Frosty Frog, Crazy Crab, Big Bamboo, to name a few. For special occasions, we go to Coast, which is in Sea Pines.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #28
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Haven't stayed there, but know where its at. We've stayed at the Breakers a couple times. (pretty cheap off-season), most recently we had another couple with us and we stayed at North Shore Place. Really nice 2 bedroom condo's just to the east of Coligny plaza.

Absolutely love the fact there is literally zero neon signs on the whole island. Gives you a feel you're in another country. very peaceful.

I have not been to Kenny B's. I'll have to make a point to get over there next time we are there. We frequent Hudson's, Frosty Frog, Crazy Crab, Big Bamboo, to name a few. For special occasions, we go to Coast, which is in Sea Pines.
Kenny B's great for carry out, and the Mexican rest. in that same mall behind Wild Wings has solid food esp. their BBQ chicken salad...great for lunch. Kenny B's has a killer Sunday brunch buffet (if its back up)

http://www.eatatkennybs.com/index.html

Kenny trained in New Orleans and his recipe won best Jambalaya one year, its a dive in strip mall...good stuff though. Etoufee and Shrimp and grits solid..and he serves fresh crawdaddies too...mmmmm

We like Backyard Cafe for fresh fish down near 1st circle, and the New Mexican place next to Harris Teeter is solid also. Want fancy/expensive Italian ? Michael ANthonys is nuts good.

Yea the Mc'D sign is like 2 feet long and wooden...blows away most east coast beaches IMO

/threadjack lol
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #29
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Apache Junction, AZ
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 04:02 PM   #30
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Apache Junction, AZ
Death Valley, CA
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 04:02 PM   #31
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

NC is great, but unless you're fishing (which out there it can be great, especially Sailfish!) the weather can be hit or miss depending on the weekend and there's been a lot of beach erosion where I usually would go in the past (Wilmington) just keep that in mind as far as the beaches go but otherwise a great destination.

I love Sanibel, it was small and pretty but the beaches are littered with seashells. I found that part awesome for a morning walk to see what tide brought in and watch people gather shells, but its not for everyone. Restaurant options there were really good too.

I live in TX and the gulf up this way is gross, don't do it if you really can go anywhere in the US it would not be my first choice. I only go down there occasionally because its somewhat more convenient driving distance wise than anything else around. Water is brown and usually tons of seaweed/algae. But of course there are some good party spots if you're tying to go out in several of the more college oriented towns along the gulf coast.

Key West or any of the keys I think are another great choice for beaches, things to do, and fishing.

And lastly as a crazy alternative, try going up north into some of the Finger Lakes. Beautiful clear and cool lake waters, lots of little antique shops to check out and whatnot, and usually a handful of small restaurants/bars to go to, etc... that's a trip I like to do every year. Helps I have an excuse to see family there but I really enjoy it.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 04:07 PM   #32
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Death Valley, CA
more luxurious in Apache Junction, AZ
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2021, 04:24 PM   #33
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Bae = boo, lady, girlfriend, woman, significant other, queen (since his name is John, I am assuming his bae is female; a woman can also call her man or significant other a bae).
Oh, when I’ve heard boo I though people were mispronouncing beau and never would have guessed boo was spelled bae. Guess I learned something today. Sort of.
      05-18-2021, 04:33 PM   #34
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Oh, when I’ve heard boo I though people were mispronouncing beau and never would have guessed boo was spelled bae. Guess I learned something today. Sort of.
Do what the rest of us normal people do....try your best to un-learn it. The only people who use use bae are only trying to impress other people that use bae. The rest of the world sees these people as social meida-ites.
Appreciate 5
vreihen1614885.00
Buddys550168.50
Tommy-G4467.00
jmack548.50
      05-18-2021, 04:40 PM   #35
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Do what the rest of us normal people do....try your best to un-learn it. The only people who use use bae are only trying to impress other people that use bae. The rest of the world sees these people as social meida-ites.
If I see bae in the future, I will inevitably read it as bay, despite my recent education.
Buddys550168.50
King Rudi13152.00
paquet629.50
      05-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #36
Buddys550
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 550i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
HAHA, to confuse matters more, listen to the following "A Bay Bay"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9qb5yPQgA

Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 05:59 PM   #37
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Apache Junction, AZ
Ole AJ… THE American dream…….
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #38
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, when I've heard boo I though people were mispronouncing beau and never would have guessed boo was spelled bae. Guess I learned something today. Sort of.
HAHA, to confuse matters more, listen to the following "A Bay Bay"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9qb5yPQgA

No thanks
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      05-18-2021, 07:13 PM   #39
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Lol yes we have gas. Recommendations would vary depending on the area that you are staying.

If downtown then:

Restaurants: Husk, Halls, Magnolias, 167 Raw, High Cotton, 1782, Lewis Barbecue, fleet landing, 5Church (good Brunch) (attire varies dependent on your establishment - tried to throw in some different options but they are all great).

Drinks: (little nicer) Bourbon & Bubbles, Felix. The more casual joints are usually packed to the rim with college kids - I can list them, but figured there wasn't much point. If you walk up and down Kings Street you will find plenty.

Deserts: Kaminskys, Carmellas

Then it depends what you are into. A walk along the battery is very nice - especially since the heat wont be too bad yet. Just walking through downtown is usually quite nice if you like the older architecture. The Market is so so, kinda a tourist trap these days, but walking through it once is decent.

Mount Pleasant/Isle of Palms/Daniel Island/Sullivans Island:
Restaurants: Nicos, Obstinate Daughter, Wasabi, King Tide, Pages Okra Grill (solid Brunch)

Drinks: (more casual) Saltwater Cowboy, Reds Ice House, Tavern & Table, Waters Edge Cabana Bar, Windjamer (live music, dive bar feel right on the beach)

If you golf there are tons of it, let me know and I can list some courses. If you like the beaches then Isle of Palms/Sullivan Island is a little nicer (hide your beers). Folly is a little trashier, but still decent - traffic can be shitty. We tend to go to the inlet between Isle of Palms & Sullivans as parking is easy and you can walk far out on the Sand Bars which is cool.

I can get into more details if you give me more info on what you like. As you can tell bulk of what we do is eat, drink, golf and beach haha.
Thanks appreciate it... mainly just visiting downtown for 2 nights (i've been before but only for 1 night). I tried to make restuarant reservations and it feels like you guys live in NYC back in the day and its happy hour lol... nothing available.

Also stopping by Savannah GA on the way back... should be fun.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #40
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
As a society, have really got to where we use "baecation" and just accept it? I weep for our future.

I never knew this term existed until I saw this thread. Now I cant unsee it. Baecations, minimoons, gender reveal parties, I hate all this shit.
Appreciate 7
vreihen1614885.00
Tommy-G4467.00
King Rudi13152.00
rebekahb3128.50
paquet629.50
      05-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #41
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
The only people who use use bae are only trying to impress other people that use bae.
Actually, the only people who use "bae" are too young to have a drivers license, rent a car, or even move INTO their parents' basement.....
King Rudi13152.00
      05-18-2021, 09:42 PM   #42
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Charleston is definitely fun. Beaches there were pretty good. Certainly tons of restaurants, nightlife, and things to do.

Key West was "ok." Definitely a lot of places to go out, but nothing special otherwise.

Someone mentioned Sanibel earlier and that's the best bet listed thus far for sure! I've been to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, the keys, etc. more than a few times and even though I've only been to the Gulf side of Florida once (just a few weeks back), it's definitely much more relaxed.

I'd suggest staying in Ft. Myers and renting a fun car on Turo (tons of local options for cheap) and driving back and forth to the beaches on Sanibel. Sanibel itself is rather "weathered" and the places to stay there are kinda shabby and super expensive in comparison. The beaches are superb though and this time of year it's not that hot out (weather wise) or busy (all the snowbirds flew back north for the summer) but the water temps are super warm and much more enjoyable than anywhere else in the country right now.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 10:12 PM   #43
JohnBucurE92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

After this thread I started doing a lot of research and as an AZ native, I think I want to try Jerome. If anyone's been, how was it? I heard it's fun and has stories about being haunted. Sounds interesting to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:17 PM   #44
JohnBucurE92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

And hahaha, as a current Arizona State University student the word "bae" is tightly woven into student culture and language over here. I never realized it was not so prevalent or known outside of my school bubble.
Appreciate 0