BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion New "My BMW" app replaces "BMW Connected" (UPDATE: Now available in the US)

04-16-2021, 04:54 PM   #89
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Maybe for the same reason that BMW is keeping the 545e from the US and Toyota the hot Yaris?
I'm hoping after a year or two, they'll release the 545e here in the U.S. my wife wants to jump on the hybrid train since we got my X5 45e, and the current 530e offering is under-spec for our liking
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 08:04 PM   #90
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
No it is gone.
Anyone know why they would not include the ability to beep the horn with the new app?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #91
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50 Sport

Quote:
My charging info is between vehicle finder and dealer services . Looks like you don't have it indeed.
Yes, I don’t see it either in the new app. I charged for the first time today after the new My BMW app got released in the US. I was excited to see how many kWh were used during my charging session but all I got was that little “Status of Charge” section changing to show me that my car was being charged and the completion time plus the usual current battery percentage and estimated range. What do EU folks see when they plug in their 45e? How many kWh used does the app show when one charges the battery from being nearly 0% to 100%?

Last edited by javapro; 04-16-2021 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:02 PM   #92
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Is this a replacement for the Connected app? Both apps currently work (Android).

They improved the vehicle location accuracy. My garage is on my property line and BMW Connected lists my neighbors address (annoying) but the my BMW app lists my address.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 01:50 AM   #93
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by javapro View Post
Quote:
My charging info is between vehicle finder and dealer services . Looks like you don't have it indeed.
Yes, I don't see it either in the new app. I charged for the first time today after the new My BMW app got released in the US. I was excited to see how many kWh were used during my charging session but all I got was that little "Status of Charge" section changing to show me that my car was being charged and the completion time plus the usual current battery percentage and estimated range. What do EU folks see when they plug in their 45e? How many kWh used does the app show when one charges the battery from being nearly 0% to 100%?
Here you go

+/- 24 kWh to charge from 1 to 100%

Total charge and all sessions in each month are shown. Also the location but I blinded the ones that are my home adres.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-17-2021, 06:21 AM   #94
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Ok, after some playing and experimenting, here's the consolidated and updated list I'm seeing of changes for the new My BMW app:

THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN LOST:
- ability to beep car horn remotely (Why removed? This can be useful when trying to find your car in a big parking lot where you can't see the headlight flash)
- Apple Watch functionality
- Graphical map representation of current fuel range from vehicle location
- Ability to set an arrival time for your selected destination
- Activity section, where you could link your calendar with an appointment and location and send it to your car.
- "Gallery" section of Remote 3D view where previous 3D views can be seen

FEATURES THAT HAVE CHANGED:
- Instead of separately specifying the status of sunroof, trunk, hood, doors, and windows opened or closed, everything is consolidated into one "all doors and windows closed" statement. If anything is open, it's listed separately. (See picture below. I prefer it this way. Better presentation to the user)
- Instead of being able to just remote start vehicle, now you can "start climatization". If the car needs to run to accomplish that, it will run up to 15 minutes.

NEW FEATURES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED:
- New GUI appearance
- New "All Good" appearance
- Ability to set a custom avatar, not just choose from the 6-ish preset BMW options. (see new startup screen below. This is pretty cool)

Both apps, I have some difficulties updating the vehicle status. If BMW can improve this new My BMW app, and add in the rest of the old features like horn beep and Apple Watch functionality, I'm all for it.

And as we've talked about,
ADD THE ABILITY IN-APP TO REMOTELY LOWER THE HEIGHT SUSPENSION ON THE G05/G07

And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!

Last edited by Wild Blue; 04-18-2021 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 3
paquet629.50
xbook130.50
      04-17-2021, 06:56 AM   #95
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

It also shows other security messages.

Mine currently shows my washer fluid is low.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #96
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here you go

+/- 24 kWh to charge from 1 to 100%

Total charge and all sessions in each month are shown. Also the location but I blinded the ones that are my home adres.
Thanks. The charging history section is nowhere to be found in the US version on My BMW app.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #97
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by J306TD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Whereas with some jerry rigging BMW Connected allowed me to have my Spotify app up and running with the album covers, this new app rendered Spotify completely useless.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
What phone do you have? how did you get this too work?
Note 10+.

The way to do it is to use an older version of Spotify (one that was before December 2020) and it should work with the BMW Connected app.

But seeing how they're sunsetting Connected soon, it won't even matter anymore.

Personally I can't stand how having Android Auto on new cars today isn't an industry wide standard and is so frustratingly difficult to retrofit in older systems.

Not everyone has or wants an iPhone, so CarPlay should not be the standard.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 03:59 PM   #98
rich5741
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

I am unable to log in. I on Android (Galaxy s20, android 11), and in the google play store I saw quite a few other people with this exact same error I saw:

{"error": "invalid_token", "error_description": "The presented token is invalid or expired."}

I hope this gets fixed before the old app is taken offline. Also not sure why this error didn't show up in Europe and other areas that have had this app for a while now.

I already tried clearing the app data and cache and reinstalling, even changing my password, and still have this problem. App works fine on my iPad though, and my login works on the web and the old ConnectedDrive app.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 05:03 PM   #99
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich5741 View Post
I am unable to log in. I on Android (Galaxy s20, android 11), and in the google play store I saw quite a few other people with this exact same error I saw:

{"error": "invalid_token", "error_description": "The presented token is invalid or expired."}
it appears software developers know about it
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=16
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 01:18 PM   #100
rich5741
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

Login Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
it appears software developers know about it
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=16
All - I was able to find a fix for this. I have a Galaxy S20 by Samsung (US version), and it turns out that the myBMW app does not play nice with Chrome browser. So on the phone, go to Setting—>Apps—>Default Apps, then select “Samsung Internet” as your default browser. Then go back to the myBMW app, log in, set up your PIN, etc.

At that point, I went back and reset my default browser to Chrome. So far, the app still allows me to go in with PIN or fingerprint, but I suspect if I need to login again for some reason, it will require me to switch default browser again.

If any BMW devs are watching - many android phones have Chrome as the default browser, so please fix whatever issue you have with Chrome.
Appreciate 2
ToddinTN504.00
      04-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #101
shachiku
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i Gran Coupe

Got a question about the app. How come the last update time even hours later still show the last time I shut the car off?

Isn’t it suppose to update in real time when you refresh the status of the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:31 PM   #102
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shachiku View Post
Got a question about the app. How come the last update time even hours later still show the last time I shut the car off?

Isn’t it suppose to update in real time when you refresh the status of the car?
No, only when some events happen like locking, unlocking, starting, etc. For 45e, while charging, it updates every time you refresh the status.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:12 PM   #103
shachiku
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by javapro View Post
No, only when some events happen like locking, unlocking, starting, etc. For 45e, while charging, it updates every time you refresh the status.
Ah okay. That’s good to hear. As long as the car updates when something happens and I am not there. Don’t want someone driving off with my m850i lol...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 06:57 AM   #104
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

App update out today.

17 May 2021 Version 1.4.0
This app update includes new and optimized features for even more joy of the My BMW App, e. g.

- Remote horn to help locate your vehicle
- Dedicated charging area to enhance you electromobility experience
- Personal Service Video to provide direct updates on vehicles in service
- Message Center to receive and store relevant notifications

Nice to see they are adding back features they had to leave out earlier
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #105
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Was finally able to download here in Canada.

Meh. Absolutely no difference on my 135i, but can't do much remotely anyways. One nice feature is that I can now renew my subscription from within the app instead of having to call, which was always a PITA. Last time it resulted in a bricked Combox due to a down payment system. Luckily, that cost BMW $1000 to fix and not me.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:19 AM   #106
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I just installed on Samsung S20 with zero issues. Strange that I only found out about this new app here and that BMW didn't send out a push notification in the message center of the car.
      05-17-2021, 07:27 AM   #107
teashades
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Same here - I didn't get any notifications or updates. I noticed there was a new app because there was a note on the login page of the old app that it is going to be deactivated and replaced.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 03:21 AM   #108
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Yesterday's update on the new app also adds an archive of previous 3D view shots, just like the old app had. But note, the archive only includes 3D views taken with the new app. Not the old one.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      05-18-2021, 10:49 AM   #109
Extos
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up New App

I have been using the new app and so far so good, I haven't really gotten to use the old app too much but the new one is good so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:23 PM   #110
1Volfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2000 M Roadster

Is it a coincidence or do you lose your connection to the vehicle hotspot when you switch to the new app? I’ve been trying to figure out why I’ve run out of data the last two months halfway through when I used to have carryover and noticed tonight that I’m no longer connected to the hotspot yet CarPlay is connecting. When I try and join the hotspot it asks for a password which is not already in my phone even though I had it for the old app. When I go to the new app and try to set up an account with AT&T it asks me to create an account but wants to know my vehicle phone number. The info for this field tells me if I don’t know it I should connect to the hotspot to find it. I feel like I’m stuck in a circular equation. I hoped that I already had an account but when I click forgot username or password I don’t receive an email. Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0