BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion 2021 BMW Group investor conference summary

05-17-2021, 07:22 AM   #1
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

2021 BMW Group investor conference summary

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere but last week it was the BMW Group investor conference where I noted a few key takeaways from it following Oliver Zipse's and Norbert Reithofer's speeches. Lots of time frames given.

* Reducing complexity, with fewer variants and fewer ICE drive trains. About half the current drive train variants will no longer be offered by 2025.
- I believe most are being cut from MINI.
- This article from Automotive News Europe from 2020 mentions the M50d used in the X5 engine may be axed, the 1.5 diesel (no major loss) and 6.6 litre V12 found in the M760Li. No idea about the future of the V8.

* The business is moving people to its e-mobility area to develop expertise and reallocate competencies in this area.

* 2023 will see 13 pure electric models available with one fully electric model made available in 90% of their segments.

* By 2025, around 2 million electric vehicles would have been delivered. This is about 10 times more than 2020.

* Solid start to the first quarter of this financial year with more vehicles delivered than ever before and more so in the largest market, China.

* 2022 will see the X5 with a Hydrogen fuel cell drive released.
-I guess with some support from Toyota?

* Plant Munich is going electric with engine production being relocated to make room for new assemblies.

The full transcript of the speech can be seen here.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
teashades
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0