BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Central locking system switch on passenger door

02-24-2021, 10:14 AM   #23
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
Unfortunately I didn't find a way to do it.
I still have the switch mounted on the door, but it's not working. At least it is illuminated in the night and the door it is looking nicer with it.

I'd like to find the solution to make it work...
It will need to be coded, unfortunately the relevant parameters do not appear to be showing on Bimmercode, it should be able to be done with E-sys.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 12:07 PM   #24
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

My fully optioned 2018 X1 which itself is different than the US models (thicker glass, kms instead of MPH etc) also has the switch on the passenger side. I didn't have to order it as it was a dealer stock and thus it was a lot less expensive than a custom order.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #25
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 xDrive 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
It will need to be coded, unfortunately the relevant parameters do not appear to be showing on Bimmercode, it should be able to be done with E-sys.
MJE60, do you know what parameters should be changed with E-sys ? ?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 03:41 PM   #26
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
My fully optioned 2018 X1 which itself is different than the US models (thicker glass, kms instead of MPH etc) also has the switch on the passenger side. I didn't have to order it as it was a dealer stock and thus it was a lot less expensive than a custom order.
Xorbitnan, tou have a well equipped car, but how can this info help us to solve the problem?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 03:23 AM   #27
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
MJE60, do you know what parameters should be changed with E-sys ? ?
Sorry, I no longer have an X1 so am not able to look/check/search for relevant parameters. A possible solution would be to get help from someone who has 2 active door switches like Xorbitman. It would be a case of searching BDC and HU for possible/relevant parameters and checking how they are coded and then comparing to yours (try again with Bimmercode first in expert search “zentral”). I gave a suggestion in earlier post but I can no longer search/check myself and offer suggestions. The modules on my new car are different to the X1.

Final thought, did you actually check the pins on the connector/cable for passenger door switch. I know you said it illuminates so is receiving power but useful to check if it is same as driver door connections (if you have time you may wish to try driver door switch on passenger side and your new switch on driver door - they should plug in but will obviously not fit in door itself).
Best wishes

Last edited by MJE60; 02-26-2021 at 03:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #28
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I no longer have an X1 so am not able to look/check/search for relevant parameters. A possible solution would be to get help from someone who has 2 active door switches like Xorbitman. It would be a case of searching BDC and HU for possible/relevant parameters and checking how they are coded and then comparing to yours (try again with Bimmercode first in expert search “zentral”). I gave a suggestion in earlier post but I can no longer search/check myself and offer suggestions. The modules on my new car are different to the X1.

Final thought, did you actually check the pins on the connector/cable for passenger door switch. I know you said it illuminates so is receiving power but useful to check if it is same as driver door connections (if you have time you may wish to try driver door switch on passenger side and your new switch on driver door - they should plug in but will obviously not fit in door itself).
Best wishes
Thanks for all your suggestions, they are a good point to start.
I'll try first with bimmercode, seems more handy for me.
I'll post here my findings as soon as I will have something new.

Btw, I hope to join the G01 forum too by the end of the year. 😉
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      03-05-2021, 12:40 AM   #29
dimaalex
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive 2018

Quote:
Today I received the central locking switch for the right door.
I'll post the result here after install.
Hello!
You didn't mention from where did you get the switch? My car have only one switch - on driver's left door - but it is not working!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #30
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
I have a X2 with the 2 switches. I saw and printed the code you mentioned and put it in the car with the adapter, but I didn't have the time to look for it and too cold outside recently. I'll let you know my findings. I only have Bimmercode tho. Even if I work in IT, I am too lazy to set up E-Sys and learn it.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      03-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #31
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimaalex View Post
Hello!
You didn't mention from where did you get the switch? My car have only one switch - on driver's left door - but it is not working!
I found it on eBay.
Unfortunately I didn't find yet the solution to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #32
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Looking at the Demo mode of Bimmer Code's latest release you can set the doors to automatically unlock when you turn off the key.

I have yet to purchase the full version and dive into it. The VEEPEAK OBD-II Scan Tool just arrived.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #33
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

I checked on my X2 today and I did not find anything with "zentral" in BDC or HU. Sorry

Perhaps, you can ask in this thread, I saw some pretty knowledgeable people in there who can help or guide you https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1222484
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #34
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnguyen View Post
I checked on my X2 today and I did not find anything with "zentral" in BDC or HU. Sorry

Perhaps, you can ask in this thread, I saw some pretty knowledgeable people in there who can help or guide you https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1222484
Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #35
cmendill
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1

Hello StefanJ, I'm trying to fix the central locking switch on my X1, it got jammed in somehow. I can't find a procedure in my tech manual. Can you please tell me how you accessed the switch? Did you remove the entire inner door panel, or just the trim around the switch? Thanks very much.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 06:30 AM   #36
isiarj20
Rep
Drives: X1 F48 LCI 2020

I’m at the same situation, O bought the uk door switch, connected, and not works, only have light….,anyone found a solution? I also have BimmerCode, but not esys…
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 09:13 PM   #37
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Looking at this topic made me think of the times I learn about relay controls. The basic NO and NC ; normally close, normally open.
When you have different switch command to a same contact point you can use one relay to control them. Provided there is already an LED light 12V supply to the relay.
Perhaps you can explain the situation to a knowledgeable shop owner that sells relays and provide the solution for your 2 switches to a central lock command.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 07:15 AM   #38
isiarj20
Rep

Finally some info! many thanks, I will ask as you say. Then as the Canada Cars come with both buttons, maybe it's not only a thing of coding? maybe this cars comes with a relay or other thing for work with both buttons?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 09:03 AM   #39
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isiarj20 View Post
Finally some info! many thanks, I will ask as you say. Then as the Canada Cars come with both buttons, maybe it's not only a thing of coding? maybe this cars comes with a relay or other thing for work with both buttons?
I found the wiring diagram There is separate connection to the BDC

EDIT: Also I found the coding parameter All locking related coding is in the CLIntegration group (3041)

Two relevant parameters are
CLI_CLW_DRD_ASSEMBLED comment=Centerlock rocker switch driver door assembledcenterlock rocker driver's door installed
CLI_CLW_PSD_ASSEMBLED comment= Centerlock rocker switch passenger door assembledcenterlock rocker passenger door installed
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf FUB Front passenger door central locking button.pdf (143.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf FUB Central locking button, driver's and front passenger door.pdf (144.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by mrpingu; 01-03-2024 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2024, 09:49 AM   #40
isiarj20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
I found the wiring diagram There is separate connection to the BDC

EDIT: Also I found the coding parameter All locking related coding is in the CLIntegration group (3041)

Two relevant parameters are
CLI_CLW_DRD_ASSEMBLED comment=Centerlock rocker switch driver door assembledcenterlock rocker driver's door installed
CLI_CLW_PSD_ASSEMBLED comment= Centerlock rocker switch passenger door assembledcenterlock rocker passenger door installed
Many Thanks! I tried to code aktiv at CLI_CLW_PSD_ASSEMBLED and for now, not change the behavior...., I can try tomorrow after the car are off for some hours...., the other thing is check if the cables goes to the correct BDC points, but I don't know how to do this.....

Tried a day after and nothing...., not work, maybe I need to check the BDC points, but i don't know where is BDC and if the button have light, is strange that BMW only connected cables for light and not the other cables?

Last edited by isiarj20; 01-26-2024 at 02:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 04:10 PM   #41
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isiarj20 View Post
Many Thanks! I tried to code aktiv at CLI_CLW_PSD_ASSEMBLED and for now, not change the behavior...., I can try tomorrow after the car are off for some hours...., the other thing is check if the cables goes to the correct BDC points, but I don't know how to do this.....

Tried a day after and nothing...., not work, maybe I need to check the BDC points, but i don't know where is BDC and if the button have light, is strange that BMW only connected cables for light and not the other cables?
You can either check at BDC or door connector. See this video for door connector mechansim at 10m58s:

Look for Door connector PIN 18 and PIN 11
BDC A258*2b PIN 29

Attached 2 pictures: 1. connector view of the door connector so you can easier see where pin 18 and 11 eleven should be
2. Location of BDC

See this video for introduction to BMW BDC pin system at 3m48s:
Attached Images