BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) For those that didn't get the HK system..

10-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #23
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

Oh yeah I guess that does make 7

The HK system also adds tweeters to the rear doors, btw.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #24
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Oh neat.. Those tweeters are just in line with the regular drivers I assume. It's funny since my wife has the X1 fully loaded sometimes I literally open both doors in the garage and look at them back to back.. haha. At least I can say by adding the two tweeters alone the sound is more comparable to each other and I'm happy enough so I can spend money on different mods
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 11:27 PM   #25
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep

In all this home isolation I had a few extra moments to myself so I thought I'd pull the center grille off. Boy that was a real... Tightly held on piece! So I basically got my plastic trim removal tools and wedged it down in between the dash and the plastic piece. I had to pry very hard just to pop the first clip. There are two on each front corner, two almost at the rear of each side. The very back is a bunch of large trim hooks, so it's meant to pop out towards you first and then out. There is an empty spot for the Tweeter there.. And the center speaker. Some audiophiles said to disconnect this speaker for better sound..I didn't bother doing anything and I put it back together. I'm still debating what Tweeter I want to put in the center... Maybe in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #26
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep

Yup home isolation made me go stir crazy.. I was on ebay and I found an old e60 center speaker for $25 so I decided might as well go with stock for the mounting angle. For the most part: The stock center speaker has a slight angle towards the driver, and it's a tight fit. If you got yourself an aftermarket, then honestly I don't know what kind of wooden bracket you would need to make to mount it right. The factory center speaker uses the SAME plug, unfortunately it's not the right end. I did test a little bit of removing the center speaker vs leaving it plugged in. I might have noticed a little more 'stereo' without the center, but ultimately it got louder with the extra center speaker. There might be an equalizer in play since it did seem not as loud as the door speakers by a fair amount. I ended up splicing the wires instead to match factory plug for plug and off I went. (okay I'm still sheltered at home so I just listened in the garage haha). Can certainly hear the difference of the center tweeter by putting a book over the top of it, so at least psychologically it'll sound better..
Appreciate 0