BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) X2 M35i System Failure

05-24-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
Dave1m
Rep
Drives: X2 M35i

X2 M35i System Failure

Anybody experienced this..

Drove about 10 miles, parked up, returned after 10 minutes.

It went crazy, pretty much every light on the dash was on with the car saying failure for most systems brakes,air bags, tyre pressure etc. No power steering and would not stay in drive either would just go back into park.

Switched off and Contacted BMW roadside assist.

I was in a carpark that was closing so tried the car again after 20 minutes.
Failure messages had gone but engine light on, car would go into drive and seemed ok so drove the few miles home.

Roadside assist guy came and found error code P16DB but he wasn’t sure what that was for certain.

Booking it into BMW but just curious if anybody else experienced this?

Car is 5 month old 3500 miles on the clock.

Last edited by Dave1m; 05-24-2020 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

That kind of all-over failure usually points to battery or other power issue. Maybe you're driving it less than usual, with the current situation, and it's deeply discharged? The AGM type batteries in these cars can go a long time before they fall off the cliff.

If it's home, and you have a charger, try hooking it up overnight. You may still need a trip to the dealer to reset the system, but it might be all it takes.
Appreciate 1
Dave1m1.50
      05-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #3
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I agree with tmt, this is pretty common with a super low battery on BMWs. Usually you at least get a high discharge warning too. Definitely try to get an agm charger. I don't know how old you are, but I'm old enough that my original charger actually wasn't made for agms and I tried it on my e60 car and couldn't figure out why didn't do squat. I've hooked on my ctek charger during this lockdown on all my cars and they all took the overnight before they hit full.
Appreciate 0