BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Some m35i underbody shots

11-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Some m35i underbody shots

Had her up on a lift today so I took some shots.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Hey Bill,

Just thought I'd ad a little input. I put some spacers onto my wheels yesterday and decided to have a closer peek under the car myself.. in particular the downpipe and the rest of the system. So first comment is that the exhaust itself is pretty much down to the secondary cat and the resonator as pictured in your third picture. I was almost itching to "delete" out that section but I certainly didn't have the pieces ready to cut/weld myself nor the gutso to chop my exhaust when it's so new. But it's otherwise a complete straight shot to the one large muffler.

Second comment is that the downpipe does look VERY similar to the X1/X2 catless downpipe from ER http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/node/330 To be noted I did read some people with other models mention that they ordered a different downpipe.. a b48 was slip on, and b46 is what we should have with a V clamp. Either way.. you NEED a v clamp end on the exhaust if you are getting it. And Boy does it look really tight to get in there, not sure if you'd have to remove the subframe, but definitely the entire front tray needs to come off because I couldn't see the front brackets/bolts nor the O2 sensors. Interestingly enough when I got my X2 back from it's recall I did look around and it "seemed" as if neither coming in from the top nor bottom was touched in my car. I wondered whether they did actually do my turbo/wastegate recall or not! But I would be pretty certain the only way would be from the bottom up.
Appreciate 0