BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Exterior lights started flashing while parked.

05-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
mikeyb74
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix M Sport

Garage List
Exterior lights started flashing while parked.

So today I parked my car at work and locked the doors with the keyfob. Also folded the exterior mirrors. After about 20min acouple of my co workers told me that my car alarm went off for about 1 min and then it stopped but the lights keep flashing. I went outside to the parking lot and sure enough all the lights were flashing including both the headlights (Low & High), angel eyes, turn signals, and rear turn signal lights. they were all flashing. When I pressed the unlock button my keyfob, they all stopped flashing. This happened twice this week according to one co worker. I have all the exterior bulbs that are replaceable are now LEDs. I coded for this with bimmercode. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
stremax
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sdrive 18d

It's an original BMW alarm feature to let the owner know the alarm went on, but if you find alarm awake twice in a week maybe some sensor is going crazy, or someone is "looking" to close at your car
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
mikeyb74
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stremax View Post
It's an original BMW alarm feature to let the owner know the alarm went on, but if you find alarm awake twice in a week maybe some sensor is going crazy, or someone is "looking" to close at your car
I know it's an original feature. The last BMW that did this needed to have the alarm switch for the hood replaced. That was a When it was breezy the alarm would be set off. It was breezy when this happened. It actually happened yesterday as well. Go to leave at lunch and the lights were flashing. So I scanned for fault codes and came up with this list on Bimmerlink. There is a error code for the alarm system. I asked the shop foreman here at work and he said its either from someone "looking" to close or a alarm sensor is on the way out. I cleared the codes to see what comes back. The only one that came back is the error CAS 8041C3 Coding lampmapping failed.

Error memory
11 errors AIRBAG
1 error
C95462: SEAT MODULE DRIVER (SEAT POSITION, SEAT BACK LOCK): COMMUNICATION FAULT
ZGW
2 errors
801C12: SEND POWERDOWN
801C15: FAULTY FALLING ASLEEP AT 30B
CAS
1 error
8041C3: CODING: LAMPMAPPING FAILED
LHM_R
1 error
805B0A: BINNING 1: ERROR
FZD
1 error
801A55: ANTI-THEFT ALARM SYSTEM: ALARM - DETAILS IN THE ALARM MEMORY
ECALL
1 error
031786: SIF: LAST STATE CALL
MMI
3 errors
B7F8B4: CONNECTION OF HEAD UNIT TO SDARS ANTENNA BASE: LINE INTERRUPTION
031781: SIF: RTTI
031784: SIF: MAP UPDATE
KLIMA
1 error
801228: POWER MANAGEMENT: REDUCING BLOWER OUTPUT

Last edited by mikeyb74; 05-15-2019 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0