Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

04-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #23
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Haha us folks in the Midwest/Great Lakes region of the U.S. see plenty of snow. And our roads tend not to be as well-plowed as those found in your neck of the woods.

My local BMW and Mercedes dealers order virtually every 3-Series and C-Class with xDrive or 4MATIC. And they sell.

The vast majority of customers don't just want AWD; they demand it.
I lumped you guys in with us. By the way, Calgary's plowing program is essential "wait until the Chinook (a freak westardly wind that brings warm air in)". Still, I manage each winter just fine with good tall sidewall winter tires and an LSD.

But, same thing here. Local BMW dealerships are basically only stocking xdrive models. Kind of sad. I still think they handle poorly despite how far it's come.
      04-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #24
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I lumped you guys in with us. By the way, Calgary's plowing program is essential "wait until the Chinook (a freak westardly wind that brings warm air in)". Still, I manage each winter just fine with good tall sidewall winter tires and an LSD.

But, same thing here. Local BMW dealerships are basically only stocking xdrive models. Kind of sad. I still think they handle poorly despite how far it's come.
In order to see snow cleared in finland, you have to wait till the spring. That has never stopped me from driving, and because of our tax system (rip us all off till the bones are showing), there are a shit load of fwd around.

What this all does to us, is that we end up being better drivers, the bad ones die in the ditches while waiting for spring. I have no idea why someone has a problem driving a rwd in the snow, and I would suggest going to a lake surface and doing a track there for practice ones, then they too could enjoy cars, instead of being forced to drive awds.

Yes, this was a rant.
Appreciate 0