F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F32 BimmerCode Help
proTUNING Freaks

11-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Lgb0250
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435i M Sport

F32 BimmerCode Help

Got a problem and not sure if it’s the BimmerCode app or my ECU. Beginning to think it’s the ECU just because some of the wonky things that have happened lately, like losing settings for no apparent reasons. I am very limited in my coding knowledge and that’s why I went with the app versus the laptop coding that most use.

But my major problem right now is that when I code something or try and go back to a saved configuration the app will take me through the process and during the coding it says the ECU is being restarted and at the end says it worked fine and all the settings are saved in the app. Problem is that even though the new settings are saved in the app, the ECU never actually rebooted and nothing actually changed!

I’m using an iPad and iPhone with an ENET cable and an lightning to RJ45 adapter. I even received a new adapter today thinking that may have been the problem. That wasn’t it. I know the changes I have made over the last 10 days or so worked because the ECU actually did reboot when I made them and they are still working.

The recent change that I made that brought this to my attention was adding the Easy Access coding. Worked perfect for a couple of days and then it just stopped working. Seat memory is no longer working flawlessly either. Used to push the #1 button once and it would take me right to the proper position. Now when I push it it only moves like and inch until I push it again and again and again.