BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2018 X1 Sdrive Airbag Help !!

07-29-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
Fernysb10
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1 Sdrive28i

Exclamation 2018 X1 Sdrive Airbag Help !!

Hi Everyone !
I am new to this awesome site and great forums ! To make this quick I will go straight to the point, while visiting my parents in Tijuana, Mexico I got T-boned on the drivers side of my X1. Conveniently my insurance claimed I was too far from my “100 miles of coverage “ which is total BS, but anyway I have to fix my car out of pocket. I have purchased doors since mine were beyond repair and I am currently dealing with this airbag dilema. The curtain airbag from the drivers side deployed, my seat-belt is restraint and the airbag inside the drivers seat deployed also. I am working with a certified BMW collision shop here in TJ since it is boatloads cheaper in all aspects and I can get cheap parts online or in the BMW mexico dealer. I have attached pictures of my display and what it says, I want to know what steps should I do to reset my car to square one and what should I look out when getting these airbags replaced, module reset, crash codes erased, etc. ? Any help is much appreciated, thank you very much !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0