BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Dinantronics Sport Performance Tuner For B46/b48 And B58 Engines (bmw X1)

06-04-2020, 05:03 PM   #67
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Pioneer Tweeter

.Name:  Pioneer Tweeter 2.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  502.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #68
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Not the best angle to view the tweeter but if you save the picture you can zoom in for a better view. I'll try to post a close up at a different angle. I will also post a picture of the Pioneer subwoofer and the controller/active crossover controller.

Last edited by Xorbitman; 06-04-2020 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #69
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1Runner View Post
Don't mean to hijack the tread since it's about tuners but i'm very interested on how your tweeters came out as I'm considering the same. Any pics you can share or "how to" tips?
Look in the X2 forums.. I put a little writeup for adding the tweeters.. it should be 99.9% the same. Seeing as we have both models in the garage, I can see how similar all the pieces are in the car/engine...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 08:16 AM   #70
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

So I've installed the tuner and am left with a confusing issue. I absolutely located and installed it between the correct boost pressure sensor, the red Dinan light illuminates and the car certainly feels more peppy so I'm convinced its operational. However, using the dinantronics sport app on my phone I can NOT get it to see the tuner anywhere, it just never picks it up under the available bluetooth connections. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the issue persists, I've opened the hood and placed my phone directly next to the tuner box. I've done this both with the engine on and with engine off but the ignition on.
Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I'd at least just like to see what mode it's in, primarily to be sure it isn't in race mode as 93 octane is not even available where I live.

Update: after looking around and speaking with a few people it seems almost certain that this problem is related to my bluetooth version being too new for the tuner. I'm version 4.2 and the tuner is 4.0. I'll attempt to find an older device later and report back whether it works or not. Seems kinda... lame, that support for a product like this could fall off in that way with no good solution. Google Play store reviews certainly reflect that.

Last edited by Shagohod; 07-02-2020 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 07:12 PM   #71
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagohod View Post
So I've installed the tuner and am left with a confusing issue. I absolutely located and installed it between the correct boost pressure sensor, the red Dinan light illuminates and the car certainly feels more peppy so I'm convinced its operational. However, using the dinantronics sport app on my phone I can NOT get it to see the tuner anywhere, it just never picks it up under the available bluetooth connections. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the issue persists, I've opened the hood and placed my phone directly next to the tuner box. I've done this both with the engine on and with engine off but the ignition on.
Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I'd at least just like to see what mode it's in, primarily to be sure it isn't in race mode as 93 octane is not even available where I live.

Update: after looking around and speaking with a few people it seems almost certain that this problem is related to my bluetooth version being too new for the tuner. I'm version 4.2 and the tuner is 4.0. I'll attempt to find an older device later and report back whether it works or not. Seems kinda... lame, that support for a product like this could fall off in that way with no good solution. Google Play store reviews certainly reflect that.
Contact support at support@dinancars.com and they can assist.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 11:28 PM   #72
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Contact support at support@dinancars.com and they can assist.
While I appreciate the offer of help, I actually just fixed it by using an older mobile phone. It was picked up instantly by that device and the tuner is now in Sport + and feels great.

Separately, I'd recommend anyone get an intake first, because even with the tuner the car isn't going to be especially fast after all. Sound can be appreciated no matter what though, and the sounds are glorious. Ultimately both are very worth it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 02:36 PM   #73
CaliKars
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1Johnny View Post
Just installed along with a Dinan CAI.

The app does not work with new phones.

The throttle response is noticeable. Will be playing around with it over the next few days.

What are your thoughts on it so far?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #74
The_RealPorthos
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKars View Post
What are your thoughts on it so far?
I love it. Matched with the intake the car is quick like really quick. I would recommend it.
      08-02-2021, 10:01 PM   #75
SPARTANVI
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive28i, 328i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Hey Mike! Can you hook me up with a promo code? Looking into the Dinan D440-0012 tuner kit. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #76
SPARTANVI
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive28i, 328i Msport

I was reading these Dinan devices are only compatible with Bluetooth 4.0? Is this true?

I do have an older android OS device that can do that, but would rather not dig it out if I dont have to.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 10:25 PM   #77
ffchun
Private
United_States
Rep

Dinan Price for Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Hi,
I sent you a pm
Would like to know if there's a price break for this Dinan part for forum members...anybody know...thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #78
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffchun View Post
Would like to know if there's a price break for this Dinan part for forum members...anybody know...thanks
We offer special pricing to forum members, dm me the part you are interested in and your full address

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0