BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Steering Wheel Cover

07-23-2021, 09:55 PM   #1
jvivlemore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Question Steering Wheel Cover

My steering wheel is starting to shown signs of wear (70K miles). I'm assuming a steering wheel replacement would be extremely expensive (cause BMW) so thinking about a steering wheel cover. I hate steering wheel covers though because they never look cheap and don't fit well. They are always oversized. Has anyone found one that covers the actual wheel portion but doesn't cover the spoke or other parts? Basically one that looks really clean and doesn't look like a cover.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 04:09 AM   #2
SH325M
China
Rep
Drives: 2021 X2 2.0T xDrive

In China we have hand sew steering wheel cover which fit perfectly over the existing cover layer. I had just installed one just to make it fatter. I think this is probably what you are looking for but not sure it is available in North America. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

I bought one of these a ways back. The photo and description are slightly different from the X2 details, but after contacting them, the vendor confirmed it fits, and it does. I added the M 3-color centering stripe.

It comes with double-sided tape but that adds a ton of bulk. Turns out it's provided to make installation easier, but it's unnecessary, as they also confirmed. Take your time, and it's not hard to install. I chose the non-suede "full leather" and perforated. The wheel's thicker with it, but pleasantly so.

There are many similar products and sources, but this vendor has a good variety of material choices and was very responsive.

https://www.eastdetailing.com/collec...18193608835187

Appreciate 0