BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Carly app error codes reading

01-25-2022, 03:39 PM   #1
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

Carly app error codes reading

Hi guys, I just did some error reading and found the below ( see pictures ). My car is at 94963km. Most of the codes are at the same mileage. Not sure if they something to do with only the ignition on. As for the error with other mileage than 94963km, Im not sure if they are serious or how to clear them. Anyone has any idea if they they need attention? Thank You

PS: excuse the poor quality pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:58 PM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

i'd look into ISTA. You can read the codes and see how serious they are. Also, you can clear them and see if they come back.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 05:59 PM   #3
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 m40i

Did you do some coding using Bimmercode? For example, I also have the 8041C3 "lamp mapping failed" after coding some options related to lamps.

Anyway, Carly should give you an option to clean all error levels memory (info, error, persistent). I use Bimmerlink and works in a similar way. You can also use ISTA as Homersbud suggested. Of course, the apps are easier/faster to use.

I would clean all errors, drive it a little bit, and then scan it again to see which errors are still present.
      01-26-2022, 06:18 AM   #4
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I had some coding done, when I changed my steering wheel to msport with paddles.
Prior to posting these errors I have cleared a lot of errors.
The ones I posted came back on the second scan, however the car was not driven at all after first scan. I just did another scan straight away.
I will go and see my m8 and have another scan as I have now driven the car a bit.
With ISTA, can you guys tell me which cable to get and where to get the software. Wanna get into it. Thank You
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:03 AM   #5
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000 View Post
I had some coding done, when I changed my steering wheel to msport with paddles.
Prior to posting these errors I have cleared a lot of errors.
The ones I posted came back on the second scan, however the car was not driven at all after first scan. I just did another scan straight away.
I will go and see my m8 and have another scan as I have now driven the car a bit.
With ISTA, can you guys tell me which cable to get and where to get the software. Wanna get into it. Thank You
Oh, I see. Some of the errors are very old, and at the same time, most of them are in the INFO level, so generally speaking, nothing to worry about too much. It's weird Carly didn't erase those errors as well.

To download ISTA, you can go here: https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=18. Another user packed everything into a VM (Virtual Machine), so you don't need to worry about configuring everything; just install VMWare Fusion (free license for non-commercial use) to run the VM on your computer.

And to connect ISTA to your car, you need an ENET Cable (RJ45 -> ODB2). Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/-/en/Aidixun-.../dp/B08KZVHBLH
pinco000164.50
      01-26-2022, 02:22 PM   #6
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrveron View Post
Oh, I see. Some of the errors are very old, and at the same time, most of them are in the INFO level, so generally speaking, nothing to worry about too much. It's weird Carly didn't erase those errors as well.

To download ISTA, you can go here: https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=18. Another user packed everything into a VM (Virtual Machine), so you don't need to worry about configuring everything; just install VMWare Fusion (free license for non-commercial use) to run the VM on your computer.

And to connect ISTA to your car, you need an ENET Cable (RJ45 -> ODB2). Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/-/en/Aidixun-.../dp/B08KZVHBLH

Thank You so much bud, I will go ahead and see if Ista will throw anything at me
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #7
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000 View Post
Thank You so much bud, I will go ahead and see if Ista will throw anything at me
You're welcome! Now with ISTA, you will also access all the manuals to disassemble/replace any part and procedures to change the oil, etc. You will also access service functions, like purge the ABS, etc. It's a really complete solution.

Let me know if you have any questions.
pinco000164.50