BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Maintenance costs

01-24-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
Parada95
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: X1

Maintenance costs

Hi everyone! Been loving my BMW X1 2017.

I recently purchased it with only 30,000 KM. It was barely driven and had no issues in the past. I don't think it's important to include that but I feel that having more information on my vehicle is better so that maybe it can help getting my question answered.

Soon I will be coming up for my first maintenance with only 2000 KM left. My question is, what can I expect for costs and what will they probably do to my vehicle? Second question as well, would they notify me before implementing any changes that are necessary if needed? The vehicle is in great condition but I always like to be prepared for anything and know what expectations to have.

Thank you so much to whoever reads this and answers.

Kind regards,
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2022, 08:16 PM   #2
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

I bought mt 2018 X1 from BMW Toronto, but get all servicing from Parkview BMW because it is closer to home. The Quinn brothers own both dealerships anyway.

The costs depend on what is needed for your car. For basic oil/filter, it should be ~$125 + HST. You may also need air filter, cabin air filter and/or brake fluid change. I buy and replace wiper blades myself. Some forum members have stated having to replace the original tires after 30,000-40,000 Km.

BMW has CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) and supposedly only does maintenance based on the condition of various service items, except for annual oil/filter, bi-annual brake fluid, etc. Hence, the total cost varies.

Last fall, I bought a BMW promotion on 3-year prepaid maintenance for $520 + HST that covers oil/filter, cabin air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs and brake fluid.

By all means, specify to call you with a quote to be approved before proceeding, except for oil/filter.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 07:02 AM   #3
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Depends? They usually have you approve stuff and tell you the costs before doing it. They're not just going to do the work and hope you pay.

My '19 X2 is at 23k now. So far I haven't paid for anything oil change / air filters / wiper wise. Not sure how that is since I bought the car used from a Alfa dealer. But if they're not going to charge me, I'm not going to complain.

I'm due in about 4500 miles for another oil change. I'll see if they charge me then. If so then I will decline. I can buy the oil and filter for less than $40. Cabin air filter and engine air filters are simple to change.
FCP Euro is your friend if they ship to Canada.

I've never done M brakes before but it looks like a simple job. I've done base brakes on two e90s and my f33. I have bimmerlink to put the ebrake in service mode.

I've only done brake fluid flush on the f33 but it was simple enough.

My runflat OEM tires were not going to make it through this winter so I replaced them with goflat Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s tires at 21k miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 01:02 PM   #4
TheRedOx
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW X1 xDrive28i

My ‘19 X1 went in in October last year for my first dealer service appointment. The car had about 25,000 miles on it. I was talked into some sort of fuel injection cleaning and something else to do with the fuel system. Ended up costing me about $650. I was told next year the All-Wheel drive system would need service and that’s about $700. I paid for whatever service included basic maintenance plus brakes when I purchased the car (CPO).
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #5
bluemagnet
Private
Rep
Drives: x1 f48 2016

I encourage you to do your own oil change. Easy.
Fcpeuro.com lifetime refund on all future old products returned to them even wearable items like oil and filter. Essentially you only pay oil and filter once.
Appreciate 0