BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Weather conditions display

01-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #1
RobinLegin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Xline 2i petrol

Weather conditions display

Like many of us I have had limited use of my car thanks to the Covid restrictions. Usually on a journey, the infotainment screen will show me the general weather conditions for the area in which I am travelling. This function seems to have disappeared or at least I have forgotten how to bring it up.

Please can someone remind me how to? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 11:59 AM   #2
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
Like many of us I have had limited use of my car thanks to the Covid restrictions. Usually on a journey, the infotainment screen will show me the general weather conditions for the area in which I am travelling. This function seems to have disappeared or at least I have forgotten how to bring it up.

Please can someone remind me how to? Thanks in advance.
Try, with ignition on, pressing the lower right button on your steering wheel spoke and say “Weather for (wherever you want to hear)”. That works on my X1. Or are you out of the ‘free’ 3 year period?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 07:57 AM   #3
RobinLegin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Xline 2i petrol

I'm out of the 3 year warranty period, and have purchased another year's subscription for GBP69 (known as package M). It took ages to download the new data for maps etc via the BMW Download and then transferring this to a memory stick (64GB). It then took another hour or so downloading this to the car via the car USB port. The car will accept inputs for locations, but the other elements such as weather forecasts, life traffic updates at the moment are missing for now.

When I click into "Connected Drive", I get a message that these items have expired for my car - yet I have just downloaded etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #4
e30lover318i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30,E34T,E46,F48

I believe the connected drive service requires you to pay for a “subscription” my weather has also been gone for a few months. In the past the network for some of the vehicles were retired so for instance my F25 was completely unable to use the connected drive service because the network was NLA. I’d say if it’s something you can’t live without perhaps look into adding apple car play or screen mirroring? You could still check weather on the fly via your phone on idrive display … but this isn’t a solution to your actual problem just another option.
Appreciate 0