BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 Miami GP ticket debacle

11-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #23
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
As a longtime F1 fan and having never been to a race before, Ill do everything in power to attend since this is in my own backyard. I want to go the full 3 days too, not just the race. May cost me and arm and a leg but it is what it is.
As tickets were explained to me by the F1 Miami GP people, who then didn't allow me to buy tickets, all are 3 day. You're finding different?

Same boat as you. Will have to make tickets happen one way or another.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #24
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
As tickets were explained to me by the F1 Miami GP people, who then didn't allow me to buy tickets, all are 3 day. You're finding different?

Same boat as you. Will have to make tickets happen one way or another.
I thought I read that you could buy sunday race only or 3 day pass, perhaps I was mistaken. Either way, im all-in for the whole weekend.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #25
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

I booked through F1 Experiences for my 40th BDAY - 2020 (Montreal) which of course was cancelled. Splurged on a champions club but I got a credit and was used for Miami...though the same credit didn’t go as far. Main Grandstand and some Thursday track access.

Excited, hope it’s a great event for the $ they charge!
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      12-01-2021, 05:26 AM   #26
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Prices everywhere are crazy right now. I knew tickets for this would be expensive but right now its even more than I thought it would be.

As a longtime F1 fan and having never been to a race before, Ill do everything in power to attend since this is in my own backyard. I want to go the full 3 days too, not just the race. May cost me and arm and a leg but it is what it is.
Can always try to get in free, did that at brands once quite a while ago, some gate was open and in I went
Appreciate 2
      12-01-2021, 09:09 AM   #27
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I've been to Miami and officially it's the most expensive place in US.
Prices everywhere are crazy right now. I knew tickets for this would be expensive but right now its even more than I thought it would be.

I was looking forward to the Miami GP till I saw the prices. Hard Pass, I'll be going to Austin or Canada if they ever man up and have a race. Covid is here and it isn't going anywhere! The sooner people realize it's the new flu the better. Get vaccinated or take your chances.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58888.50
      12-01-2021, 09:17 AM   #28
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I was looking forward to the Miami GP till I saw the prices. Hard Pass, I'll be going to Austin or Canada if they ever man up and have a race. Covid is here and it isn't going anywhere! The sooner people realize it's the new flu the better. Get vaccinated or take your chances.
The Pfizer booster is in full swing over here.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #29
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
The Pfizer booster is in full swing over here.
Yep, got mine too.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58888.50
      12-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #30
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

That's just way too much money for general seating, give me a break. Yeah I know inflation and location and all that, but back when they raced at Indy I could get basically VIP passes on Ebay for like $800. Every year I'd take my mom, and would find VIP passes on Ebay from Coca Cola employees or whatever who would be selling them (from their company's private suite at the track). You'd get parking right under the grandstands, track access, VIP air conditioned booth, TV, catering, etc. for the whole weekend. It was perfect since the race was in the summer it was always hotter then hell, so you could dip inside for a bit and cool off while watching the race on TV.

I can't imagine what a package like that would cost for Miami now, like $10k? No thanks, we'll just watch it on TV. The sound that made F1 so special is long gone anyway, that was the big reason we went in person.
Appreciate 3
FormulaMMM3662.50
Wakka521.00
      12-02-2021, 10:57 PM   #31
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
That's just way too much money for general seating, give me a break. Yeah I know inflation and location and all that, but back when they raced at Indy I could get basically VIP passes on Ebay for like $800. Every year I'd take my mom, and would find VIP passes on Ebay from Coca Cola employees or whatever who would be selling them (from their company's private suite at the track). You'd get parking right under the grandstands, track access, VIP air conditioned booth, TV, catering, etc. for the whole weekend. It was perfect since the race was in the summer it was always hotter then hell, so you could dip inside for a bit and cool off while watching the race on TV.

I can't imagine what a package like that would cost for Miami now, like $10k? No thanks, we'll just watch it on TV. The sound that made F1 so special is long gone anyway, that was the big reason we went in person.
US is fickle, next year could be a dud. Short attention span coupled with other options tend to burn hot and fade rather quickly for the Yanks.
      12-03-2021, 06:56 AM   #32
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
US is fickle, next year could be a dud. Short attention span coupled with other options tend to burn hot and fade rather quickly for the Yanks.
Not to stereotype us yanks or anything, right!?

Don't think event interest will wane anytime soon. Pending season of Drive to Survive will recruit more. One of just two U.S. F1 races, race fans, glam crowd, Miami, growing population, should remain a high demand event.

Appreciate 2
Bubbles2752.00
      12-03-2021, 11:11 AM   #33
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:

Don't think event interest will wane anytime soon. Pending season of Drive to Survive will recruit more. One of just two U.S. F1 races, race fans, glam crowd, Miami, growing population, should remain a high demand event.
I’m a skeptic but I hope you are right, it’s great to see a plethora of entertainment options.

Miami GP seems like a misnomer considering the track is closer to Miramar and Hialeah than South Beach.

Basically, the equivalent hosting a GP in Nice and calling it the Monaco GP.

Either way, good to have options and new tracks. Glam crowd notwithstanding.
      12-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #34
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Premium seating is just that. Limited availability, very expensive, and very difficult to obtain. Good connections are essential. Premium seating for F-1 Miami was sold out months ago. The few premium seats that will show up from now on will have to be obtained from individuals who have already bought them, and are looking to resell them. Good luck, and you will have to provide your own lube.

For everyone else there is grandstand seating. Since this track is brand new, and all seating is temporary as in knockdown aluminum legos, the comfort level will be on the short side of plush, and amenities will not live up to the definition of the term. That being understood, my friends and I secured grandstand tickets on the Start/Finish line a couple of months ago at what was then an already stupid price, but what the Hell, it's F freakin 1.

Since then the price of tickets still remaining have gone up faster than a Falcon 9 rocket. The current low price for a ticket is $ 2,400 and the high end is $ 12,600, with the median being somewhere around $ 4,000 - $ 5,000. Again, bring your own lube. It will be interesting to see if there is a price point beyond which people will no longer buy, or if this thing will sell out. The human capacity to do truly foolish things never ceases to amaze me, and I admittedly include myself among the foolish.

Last edited by Boomer 2019; 01-04-2022 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      12-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #35
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

Agreed. The Miami GP will have a Super Bowl vibe to it and tickets will remain very expensive and hard to get.
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      12-04-2021, 02:08 AM   #36
M5Rick
General
Rep

So no ''at the gate tickets'' then for any price.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #37
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So no ''at the gate tickets'' then for any price.
Surely not, unless you go for the Brands Hatch special you described earlier.

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58888.50
      12-04-2021, 07:49 AM   #38
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 2019 View Post
my friends and I secured grandstand tickets on the Start/Finish line a couple of months ago at what was then an already stupid price, but what the Hell, it's F freakin 1.
How? Were you tapped into a pre-pre-sale?

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 08:07 AM   #39
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Surely not, unless you go for the Brands Hatch special you described earlier.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #40
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
How? Were you tapped into a pre-pre-sale?
Yes. One of our group is friends with, and does business with a member of the Dolphins marketing team. They run everything businesswise within the Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium organization. He was able to secure 16 tickets directly from the organization in September prior to the rights to ticket sales being sold to the various retail business interests. The Dolphins as you would expect retained many tickets to do with as they please, and ours came from this pool. These, if you could get them, are currently selling for @ $4,500 - $10,800 from vendors. Truly stupid money IMHO. Remember, this is grandstand seating, and there is no "Premium" in the word grandstand.

There will be a number of truly "Premium" accommodations erected around the course by various manufacturers, Ferrari; Mercedes; McLaren; etc. as well as businesses. These will be enclosed, AC, comfy seating, and all the amenities, free transportation, premium food, booze, and real bathrooms. Invitation only, and truly astronomical prices. Not for the hoi polloi.

"The world is a business Mr. Beale! It has been since man crawled out of the slime! One vast and ecumenical holding company for whom all men work!"

Last edited by Boomer 2019; 01-04-2022 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      12-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #41
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

No way I'd go to Miami for F1 in the first few years. Not only are the prices ridiculous, but it'll be shit show in terms of getting around and overall organization.

If the US/Canada border stays open, Montreal is better than both US sites. Reasonable pricing, no 9/11 security issues (bring in your own cooler full of food/alcohol), and super easy to get around since it's right on the subway line. Even the hotels are reasonably priced.

Waiting to get into/out of Miami and Austin is/will be super frustrating waiting in line with all those cars. No thanks...

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 2
FormulaMMM3662.50
3798j11168.50
      12-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #42
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
No way I'd go to Miami for F1 in the first few years. Not only are the prices ridiculous, but it'll be shit show in terms of getting around and overall organization.

If the US/Canada border stays open, Montreal is better than both US sites. Reasonable pricing, no 9/11 security issues (bring in your own cooler full of food/alcohol), and super easy to get around since it's right on the subway line. Even the hotels are reasonably priced.

Waiting to get into/out of Miami and Austin is/will be super frustrating waiting in line with all those cars. No thanks...
Tend to agree, but not sure which would be more painful -- prices and negotiating the shit show, or watching on tv knowing they're buzzing around 90 mins from my doorstep

Appreciate 1
gatorfast4969.00
      12-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #43
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Tend to agree, but not sure which would be more painful -- prices and negotiating the shit show, or watching on tv knowing they're buzzing around 90 mins from my doorstep
This is my same issue lol
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 03:08 PM   #44
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post

My thought process as well. I'm less than an hour from the stadium. Would have a hard time watching it on tv knowing I could be there in a matter of minutes.
Appreciate 0