BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 18 X1 Fault Code P0507

01-11-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
nst18x1
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [0.00]
18 X1 Fault Code P0507

My 2018 BMW X1 had an idle that would fluctuate up to 1500 rpm. Emissions Light just came on and checked the code it's throwing P0507. Idle Control System Higher than Expected. Anyone have this happen to them and know the what needs to be fixed and the cost to fix it is? Much Appreciated

Also I do have the cpo warranty on it but i'd assume that's probably not something that's covered if anyone knows

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #2
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst18x1 View Post
My 2018 BMW X1 had an idle that would fluctuate up to 1500 rpm. Emissions Light just came on and checked the code it's throwing P0507. Idle Control System Higher than Expected. Anyone have this happen to them and know the what needs to be fixed and the cost to fix it is? Much Appreciated

Also I do have the cpo warranty on it but i'd assume that's probably not something that's covered if anyone knows

Thanks
Hi there!

I have THE SAME issue, and it's very frustrating . Several months without knowing what it was, even BMW couldn't find the problem. They only replaced the MAF sensor, but it didn't help. I also posted some threads here, and nobody could help me. And now you shed some light on this .

I don't have any code, but the P0507 describes exactly what is happening. I'm close to changing the charge pipe, so I will clean the Throttle Body in the process.

Please, keep us posted if you find a solution.

Thanks!
      01-11-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
nst18x1
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrveron View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Hi there!

I have THE SAME issue, and it's very frustrating . Several months without knowing what it was, even BMW couldn't find the problem. They only replaced the MAF sensor, but it didn't help. I also posted some threads here, and nobody could help me. And now you shed some light on this .

I don't have any code, but the P0507 describes exactly what is happening. I'm close to changing the charge pipe, so I will clean the Throttle Body in the process.

Thanks!
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Hi there!

Thanks!

Hi I noticed the high idle for about two weeks but not all the time. The emissions light just came on in the dash and found out it was that code. Have to bring it into a mechanic shop because the two dealerships in Austin Texas I brought it to, i've had bad experiences so what's frustrating is if this fix is covered under my cpo warranty well then it won't be since i have to bring it to a mechanic!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 07:56 PM   #4
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Hi I noticed the high idle for about two weeks but not all the time. The emissions light just came on in the dash and found out it was that code. Have to bring it into a mechanic shop because the two dealerships in Austin Texas I brought it to, i've had bad experiences so what's frustrating is if this fix is covered under my cpo warranty well then it won't be since i have to bring it to a mechanic!
Same here; it doesn't happen all the time.

And you know, if BMW doesn't diagnose the problem, it won't be covered by the CPO warranty . So maybe you can use the mechanic to narrow the diagnosis and then bring it back to BMW with more information.

Please, let us know what the shop says. I hope they can fix the issue!
      01-11-2022, 08:09 PM   #5
nst18x1
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

And you know, if BMW doesn't diagnose the problem, it won't be covered by the CPO warranty . So maybe you can use the mechanic to narrow the diagnosis and then bring it back to BMW with more information.

I want them to diagnose it but one dealership didn't fix things they claimed they did. Another washed my car when told not to and called me back saying they won't work on my car. So i can't get it towed from roadside to another dealership as they only tow to the nearest dealership!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 10:05 AM   #6
nst18x1
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Hi so brought the X1 in and it came back as

13-90-7-614-013 76B1MIZN Fuel Tank Breather
VALVE: 139022

They replaced the part and the idle is now fixed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jrveron263.00
      01-27-2022, 10:37 AM   #7
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Hi so brought the X1 in and it came back as

13-90-7-614-013 76B1MIZN Fuel Tank Breather
VALVE: 139022

They replaced the part and the idle is now fixed!
Thank you! This is an excellent insight for me to go back to the dealer .

I'm really happy you solved the issue!
      04-25-2023, 04:42 AM   #8
markoylan
Rep
Drives: F15

The P0507 trouble code indicates that the idle control system is running at a higher RPM than expected. This could be caused by a number of issues, including a vacuum leak, faulty idle control valve, or a malfunctioning throttle body.
To diagnose the problem, you may need to take the vehicle to a mechanic who has the proper diagnostic tools to check for vacuum leaks, test the idle control valve and throttle body, and inspect other components of the engine.​​​​​​
https://dtcvehicles.com/

Last edited by markoylan; 04-25-2023 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0