X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Boot closer

01-24-2022, 01:45 AM   #23
BobbyGrant
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xdrive xline 2.0 d

Yeah. Thanks for all your help with the diagrams etc. much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #24
Edtheted
Edtheted
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 1.8 sDrive xLine auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyGrant View Post
Ultimately, yes.
I managed to access the lock and soft close and see they were both working. However when the boot was shutting the soft close wasn't kicking in.
Although it defied all logic (to me) I then adjusted this closure points and lo and behold the soft closer started to work again! So basically fully turned them clockwise and the soft close didn't kick in. Turned them anti clockwise a couple of turns and the Soft close did kick in. So then it just became trial and error turning them to try and get to the sweetest point for the boot to be locked as tight as possible.
Thanks for your input , my 2016 f48 has started setting off its alarm when parked, I have noticed lately the rear window has been misting up/damp,as you’ve said the hatch not longer “clicks locked”hence the water seal isn’t tight. I’m not sure if the motor lock has failed or if it’s an adjustment. Has your fix worked ok now?
Regards Eddy Priest
Midsomer Norton
      12-27-2022, 06:21 AM   #25
Edtheted
Edtheted
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 1.8 sDrive xLine auto

Garage List
By removing the 4 plastic securing push in bolts in the lower part of the boot/trunk ( no need to take off the SS trim) I could leaver off the trim to expose the twin lock latch mechanisms OK. I used a screw driver to push into the lock to simulate the hatch’s log bar which stimulated the locking motor actuator albeit intermittent (to reset each time you need to manually lower the hatch)
I applied copper grease lubricant into the mechanism then actuated the hatch several times, all now seems to work ok albeit I am now always listening for the motor noise + “click” each time the hatch closes. I hope fellow X1 users find this helpful.
      12-27-2022, 07:13 AM   #26
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

For over 2 years and 4 visits to the realers (under warranty) my boot was still opening a couple of inch then closing again. After the 4th visit my wife realised it only occured when the car was pointing downhill. The dealer eventually sorted it out,but changed quite a few parts including the rams that had been damaged by the original trouble. It involved 4.5 hours of time but they never told me the exact fault ,and fortunately I never got a bill.
Appreciate 0