BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Rubber Floor Mat Opinions?

08-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
Rubber Floor Mat Opinions?

Hi all,

When I purchased my X1 I forgot to haggle in some winter rubber floor mats into the final selling price. Anyways, I'm currently weighing my options. I'm looking at Weather tech or BMW Genuine winter floor mats to protect the front carpeting. Just looking for some opinions on which are better/preferred by other owners.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
ForkLiter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda X1 View Post
Hi all,

When I purchased my X1 I forgot to haggle in some winter rubber floor mats into the final selling price. Anyways, I'm currently weighing my options. I'm looking at Weather tech or BMW Genuine winter floor mats to protect the front carpeting. Just looking for some opinions on which are better/preferred by other owners.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. Since I live in western NY I need something that can contain a lot of melted snow. If you drive like a maniac nothing will do the job but the BMW mats seem to be too short on the "walls". Both the Weathertech and the BMW look vulnerable around the throttle area as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
SonicGerm
Master Shake
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

I got a really good deal on the X-drive weather tech mats at the dealership. I like them. They're way better than the BMW all-weather mats I had. I personally would go with weather tech.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
pbjjj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Dark Olive/Mocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda X1 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks!
I have the BMW rubber mats and like them so far. They look very good in the car. The first day they felt a bit slippery under my running shoes, but after the second day the mats no longer are slippery. Maybe it's a coating on the mats... Now the mats catch most of the dirt and water from my shoes and keep them within channels of the mats. When I wash my car, I just take them out and rinse them with hose. I've had them for almost 2 months now, and so far they seem that they would last for a while.

If you live in an area where you would tend to bring a lot of mud and dirt, I would consider floor liners instead of floor mats
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Hi. I have the BMW own xline rubber mats in my car in addition to the rubber cargo mat. I really like them. They are high quality and have nice deep groves for channeling water or trash. They are nice and thick. The only thing that might be better is if you are in an area with lots of snow, a taller side wall might be beneficial. For me, it's a none issue. Plus, the oem mats come with a 2 year warranty. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #6
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i

Quote:
Hi. I have the BMW own xline rubber mats in my car in addition to the rubber cargo mat. I really like them. They are high quality and have nice deep groves for channelling water or trash. They are nice and thick.
My view exactly
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #7
Phaeton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
and honestly, the BMW mats aren't that expensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #8
Zookol
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 S drive

Old thread I realize. Just chiming in as a newbie with my own 2 cents as I had searched the F48 threads prior to purchasing my vehicles.

When in comes to aftermarket all weather floor mats, I have used many over the years in my various vehicles. My advice would be that if you have rubber mats, stick with what you’ve got as they all perform similarly.

If you are looking to buy new mats, I would have say that for me Tuxmat trumps Husky Mat (which didn’t have F48 mats when I was shopping) which trumps WeatherTech.

I like TuxMat the most because they are the lightest, look the most luxurious, and fasten with Velcro as well as clips giving you the tightest seal. In Michigan this can be big as we use road salt which stains carpeting and is difficult to remove when it seeps over the mat sidewalls.

Husky Mats are nice also. Rubber and therefore more pliable than WeatherTech which are more like heavy plastic trays.

They are all good. Take your pick.
Appreciate 0