BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Issue with iDrive (BMW Apps)

12-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Ant802
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 16 X1 20D M Sport Auto Estoril

Issue with iDrive (BMW Apps)

Hi. I own a 2016 X1 with professional navigation and add-ons. The main app I used was BMW ‘web radio’ however a few months back i began to get an error on my iDrive when trying to load it up. The error is as follows:

“Switching to “BMW Apps Ready” apps require a one-time confirmation on the mobile device. Please handle device only when stationary”

Ok is selected (no message shows on the mobile device) and then you are taken to the following screen

“Switching to web radio did not succeed. You can get not yet installed apps in the App Store. Please handle device only when stationary”

This same error applies for all apps including the basic calendar

It went into my local BMW last week and I showed them the error when the app was open on my phone etc. Strangely enough the Engineer tried it on his phone and it worked perfectly. I’d been having a few issues with my iPhone so bought a new one yesterday only to find the same error exists. I’ve tried with a friends iPhone 6S and it does the same.

Any suggestions please?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
filipq
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant802 View Post
Hi. I own a 2016 X1 with professional navigation and add-ons. The main app I used was BMW ‘web radio’ however a few months back i began to get an error on my iDrive when trying to load it up. The error is as follows:

“Switching to “BMW Apps Ready” apps require a one-time confirmation on the mobile device. Please handle device only when stationary”

Ok is selected (no message shows on the mobile device) and then you are taken to the following screen

“Switching to web radio did not succeed. You can get not yet installed apps in the App Store. Please handle device only when stationary”

This same error applies for all apps including the basic calendar

It went into my local BMW last week and I showed them the error when the app was open on my phone etc. Strangely enough the Engineer tried it on his phone and it worked perfectly. I’d been having a few issues with my iPhone so bought a new one yesterday only to find the same error exists. I’ve tried with a friends iPhone 6S and it does the same.

Any suggestions please?
Thanks
Hi. Have you ever find solution for this problem? I have got exactly the same issue.

Thanks
Filip
Appreciate 0