BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Naval Yard Shooting in DC

09-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #45
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
It was probably at a shooting range (only place I have heard of it), they love to write AR15 and will come up with any reason to do so.

also interesting:
'U.S. law enforcement officials are telling The Associated Press that the Navy contractor identified as the gunman in the mass shootings at the Washington Navy Yard had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.

Aaron Alexis, 34, had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. '
Exactly! This has nothing to do with the guns and everything to do with this man being known as crazy/delusional. Crazy people do crazy things... nothing can be done to 100% eliminate these threats from society. RIP to the dead.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #46
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

AKA some random pedestrian on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Love the media. Find someone (anyone) who will tell you something and print it as fact. From today's story about the NJ Boardwalk fire:
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #47
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Oh right, they wrote it as he rented it like a car and returned it. wow.

Quote:
It was probably at a shooting range (only place I have heard of it), they love to write AR15 and will come up with any reason to do so.

also interesting:
'U.S. law enforcement officials are telling The Associated Press that the Navy contractor identified as the gunman in the mass shootings at the Washington Navy Yard had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.

Aaron Alexis, 34, had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. '
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #48
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
also interesting:
It is an ordinary "feel better" clause. It is a standard procedure in USA to follow up each case of mass shooting with "rationalizing" information, suggecting that the perp was a drug addict, a person with mental issues or someting like that. It is adopted by every mass media source and played along with by the goverment officials. The information is puposely crafted to be inconclusive and easily deniable.

"He also had been hearing voices in his head" - yeah, right... This time they were not even trying too hard.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #49
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
It is an ordinary "feel better" clause. It is a standard procedure in USA to follow up each case of mass shooting with "rationalizing" information, suggecting that the perp was a drug addict, a person with mental issues or someting like that. It is adopted by every mass media source and played along with by the goverment officials. The information is puposely crafted to be inconclusive and easily deniable.

"He also had been hearing voices in his head" - yeah, right... This time they were not even trying too hard.
Uhhhh...how many sane people conduct mass random shootings? It isn't rationalization; it's trying to understand the problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #50
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Uhhhh...how many sane people conduct mass random shootings? It isn't rationalization; it's trying to understand the problem.
Don't bother... you'll never get through to him. It's always a false-flag operation executed by the CIA to manipulate the naive public. It's never as simple as someone losing their shit and committing a crime to these people.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #51
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

also interesting:

Is there any word on how he acquired guns with his host of mental issues?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #52
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
Information is somewhat unreliable at the moment (IMO), but it appears that he legally purchased a shot gun, brought it onto the base and assembled it. I read one report that he killed a guard and took his handgun and got another handgun from a 'lock box' of some kind on the base.

We could also ask how he got security clearance to get onto the base with his 'issues'
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #53
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:

"Alexis name and other applicable information was provided to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System and he was approved to purchase the gun, according to Slocum."

CNN Info
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #54
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Probably in a legal fashion. I obviously don't know his background, but he currently could be as unstable as a one legged hooker and he can still buy a gun. Unless he's been committed to a mental institution he's legally able to purchase a firearm.

Here is the New York Daily News front page today..... Bunch of manipulative hacks.

09-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #55
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

They should just ban the AR-15, its clearly a child killing weapon and has no use in society......
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #56
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

But seriously, my sympathies go out to those familes affected by the senseless rampage, its terrible.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #57
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Firtstly, it is not about "sane" or "insane". I simply point out the fact that it is standard practice in US mass media to "sweeten the bitter pill" by deliberately supplying the reader (listener, viewer, etc) with easily digestible means to rationalize the unrationalizable. This is done for the sole reason of increasing the commercial appeal of the story. It is a well-known trick desribed in any metaphorical "shoolbook" on news reporting. People simply feel more comfortable when they are immediately offered a canned theory for why this guy did it (and, consequently, indirectly told they are not like him, "better" than him, and why it can't happen to them). It just sells better than plain dry objective reporting of bad news. It is reality of ratings-driven media. US news reporting is very different from European one in that regard.

Secondly, an argument about whether this guy was "sane" or "insane" is pointless, since it is generally accepted post-factum that mass shooters are "insane". Calling him "insane" post-factum is a self-fullfilling statement. As for whether such people were actually insane before they started shooting is a completely different story. Breivik doesn't strike me as insane, for one example.

Last edited by AndreyT; 09-18-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #58
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

there is no objective reporting of news in this country. Sadly the news is not even very interested in facts.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #59
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I love how the media is all about "PTSD". Just another scapegoat for a heinous crime that shouldn't be tolerated, but when you live in a country filled with pussies, rather than eliminate the problem, we will stretch it out for all its worth.

I for one, would be in favor of a public stoning, followed by a broadcasted hanging and get it all over with.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #60
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Here is the New York Daily News front page today..... Bunch of manipulative hacks.

To quote the words of the great Tom Tucker (Family Guy):

"I think I speak for everyone when I say, New York and everyone from there can fornicate themselves with an iron stick...."
      09-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #61
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

People don't kill people, guns kill people, guys. Come on.

That headline is just..., uninformed northern mentality. Don't feed the trolls, feed the ignorant and uneducated instead.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #62
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

And apparently he didn't use an AR-15 (the media made that up). He was on SSRI's:

http://www.infowars.com/media-buries...-navy-shooter/
      09-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #63
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I love how the media is all about "PTSD". Just another scapegoat for a heinous crime that shouldn't be tolerated, but when you live in a country filled with pussies, rather than eliminate the problem, we will stretch it out for all its worth.

I for one, would be in favor of a public stoning, followed by a broadcasted hanging and get it all over with.
An explaination is not an excuse.

The dude is already dead. No sense promoting bloodlust...he's been taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #64
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Probably in a legal fashion. I obviously don't know his background, but he currently could be as unstable as a one legged hooker and he can still buy a gun. Unless he's been committed to a mental institution he's legally able to purchase a firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
And apparently he didn't use an AR-15 (the media made that up). He was on SSRI's:

http://www.infowars.com/media-buries...-navy-shooter/
Correct the police have come out and said they he used a Shotgun not a rifle of any sort. I know the main stream media said it was an AR-15 and same gun as Newtown, than correct themselves to say it was long gun ie rifle or shotgun (which are not really long guns). In the gun fight with police he was able to take one of the officer guns and used it too.

I said this before at the Newtown incident, that kid also has a shot gun and could have done far more damage than with a semi automatic weapon. This guy manage to kill 12 with a shotgun and it did not require him to be very accurate.

So when are they going to start locking up these nut cases. This is the only thing in common with all these cases and they are refusing to address the issue.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-18-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #65
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Sad but true
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #66
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
An explaination is not an excuse.

The dude is already dead. No sense promoting bloodlust...he's been taken care of.
Oop, I missed that part, thanks for clarification!
Appreciate 0