BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Baton Rouge Police Shooting - New Footage Released (Graphic)

07-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #23
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Guys, the think the police shooting in MN is worse. This is absolutely horrific. The guy told the officer that he had a permit to carry a weapon and he was just reaching for his wallet. No priors, steady job so he doesn't fit the narrative of being a thug. This is a really tough one to watch.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fal...ota/index.html
Yeah this one is inexcusable. Not only did he declare he was a legal carrier, they then handcuff the mom and daughter and make them sit in the back of the police cruiser
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #24
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Guys, the think the police shooting in MN is worse. This is absolutely horrific. The guy told the officer that he had a permit to carry a weapon and he was just reaching for his wallet. No priors, steady job so he doesn't fit the narrative of being a thug. This is a really tough one to watch.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fal...ota/index.html
Yeah. That one is especially graphic. And a counter to the typical stereotype.

My assumption is that he gave the warning of carrying because the officer would have seen it anyway. Under which circumstance, he probably would have been shot, regardless.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #25
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
You're missing the point.

I can understand that. However, I'm not taking the media's approach. I'm black. I understand that many times, it seems as though the antagonizing is real and things are warranted.

And to answer your point, it was an alternative scenario. Not saying anyone shouldn't go home to their families. Also sounds like you're missing the point, too.
What was your point? One cop life and one criminal life is better than 1 criminal life?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #26
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
that being a different skin color means you're subjected to a different standard?
welcome to the world? i dunno

i thought u knew all this, how hard are you balling it up in the tinder thread?
No. No one is incriminating white folks, or saying that they aren't subject to crimes. Skin color is honestly irrelevant, as you are the one who brought that up.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #27
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

These cops need to be prosecuted to the fullest
If people see no justice then they will not follow the judicial system
another example of this is Hillary Clinton
clearly this criminal is above the law.. others get imprisoned for alot less than what she did yet she gets NOTHING
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #28
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
What was your point? One cop life and one criminal life is better than 1 criminal life?
No. The point of the post was to illuminate the action itself, a correlation of actions and events that have taken place to highlight the generalized direction in which the action of law enforcement has taken toward the public, much of the time being African Americans.

The insinuation of the value of life being a determining characteristic truly speaks to the biases held in this situation. It's pretty sad.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #29
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Yeah this one is inexcusable. Not only did he declare he was a legal carrier, they then handcuff the mom and daughter and make them sit in the back of the police cruiser
There may be plenty of reasons why the cops acted as they did.
Don't you think in this day and age, with a BLACK president ANYBODY would be incredibly careful not to blatantly racial abuse anyone?

Prob the cop couldn't hear with the radio/street noise, not to mention the bitch is playing with her phone trying to be an internet sensation rather than not act suspiciously (which is the responsibility of ALL people regardless of color).

Nobody should need black people being killed by cops to spark outrage, racial bias is blatantly obvious every waking second.. does not everybody know, or people have just forgotten, or wish it were otherwise?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #30
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No. No one is incriminating white folks, or saying that they aren't subject to crimes. Skin color is honestly irrelevant, as you are the one who brought that up.
Okay, if we are not talking about skin color, are we only talking about police brutality?

You have to be explicit about these things.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #31
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah. That one is especially graphic. And a counter to the typical stereotype.

My assumption is that he gave the warning of carrying because the officer would have seen it anyway. Under which circumstance, he probably would have been shot, regardless.
He probably gave the warning because that is what you are taught, not because he was worried about being shot. For every dumb cop like this one, there are hundreds who deal with minority open/concealed carry stops where they don't shoot anyone.

Everytime I've been stopped while carrying, my hands are out the window while I'm telling them im carrying.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #32
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Don't you think in this day and age, with a BLACK president ANYBODY would be incredibly careful not to blatantly racial abuse anyone?

Prob the cop couldn't hear with the radio/street noise, not to mention the bitch is playing with her phone trying to be an internet sensation rather than not act suspiciously (which is the responsibility of ALL people regardless of color).

Nobody should need black people being killed by cops to spark outrage, racial bias is blatantly obvious every waking second.. does not everybody know, or people have just forgotten, or wish it were otherwise?
You sound like a racist.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #33
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
These cops need to be prosecuted to the fullest
If people see no justice then they will not follow the judicial system
another example of this is Hillary Clinton
clearly this criminal is above the law.. others get imprisoned for alot less than what she did yet she gets NOTHING
Agreed. Although, the context is much different and the actions are much more blatant, whereas politics is an arena that requires a scrutinized area of focal points.

Quote:

I don't think anyone forgot that it is happening, or that it has happened before. There are not enough actions being taken (on the part of blacks, cops, and the like) to take a positive stance on the situations, themselves, once they have occurred.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #34
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
You sound like a racist.
You hate jesus christ. But jesus has no hate for you.

Or you are just stupid. Can't help you with that.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #35
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
He probably gave the warning because that is what you are taught, not because he was worried about being shot. For every dumb cop like this one, there are hundreds who deal with minority open/concealed carry stops where they don't shoot anyone.

Everytime I've been stopped while carrying, my hands are out the window while I'm telling them im carrying.
I'm pretty sure if you're black, a part of you worries about being shot when confronted by law enforcement. Unfortunately, that is the stigma surrounding the race and the circumstances. So you insinuating that he did so out of teaching versus fear is equally irrelevant.

And good for you for following the rules.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #36
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Okay, if we are not talking about skin color, are we only talking about police brutality?

You have to be explicit about these things.
Just go back to the Tinder thread. You were of more use there with your random videos.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #37
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. Although, the context is much different and the actions are much more blatant, whereas politics is an arena that requires a scrutinized area of focal points.

I don't think anyone forgot that it is happening, or that it has happened before. There are not enough actions being taken (on the part of blacks, cops, and the like) to take a positive stance on the situations, themselves, once they have occurred.
You may be underestimating the difficulties of cops in the field.
White kids get blown up in Iraq/Afghanistan everyday.. where is your outrage?

The bitch is filming it. There are other witnesses, do you think the primary objective of the cop is to racial abuse this guy?
No, it's to stay alive and do his job.
For every time something like this occurs how many cases are there of the criminal getting the drop on the cop and he ending up dead?

So no cop can ever shoot a person of color, ever?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #38
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
You may be underestimating the difficulties of cops in the field.
White kids get blown up in Iraq/Afghanistan everyday.. where is your outrage?

The bitch is filming it. There are other witnesses, do you think the primary objective of the cop is to racial abuse this guy?
No, it's to stay alive and do his job.
For every time something like this occurs how many cases are there of the criminal getting the drop on the cop and he ending up dead?

So no cop can ever shoot a person of color, ever?
Your insinuations continue to insult. I post a link to an instance of a police killing, and you equate it to a war in which you have no idea where my stance lies. Just as you have your views, I have mine. That is the beauty of subjectivity.

I'll let someone else respond to you, should they choose to do so. I'm done with your posts, here.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #39
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
In both cases, cops shouldve handle the situation differently.
the man was already laying down flat, one cop should perform search while the other one holds him down. the gun wouldve been found, he wouldve of been arrested.

2nd situation is worse as he clearly state he is carrying his weapon with permit. All the cop had to do is have every1 in car step out one at a time. find out where the gun is, perform proper search. Every1 goes home safe.

my 2 cents
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #40
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if you're black, a part of you worries about being shot when confronted by law enforcement. Unfortunately, that is the stigma surrounding the race and the circumstances. So you insinuating that he did so out of teaching versus fear is equally irrelevant.

And good for you for following the rules.
There have been multiple studies showing unarmed white males are more likely to be shot by police than unarmed black males; but let's not let facts get in the way of the agrnda here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #41
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Your insinuations continue to insult. I post a link to an instance of a police killing, and you equate it to a war in which you have no idea where my stance lies. Just as you have your views, I have mine. That is the beauty of subjectivity.

I'll let someone else respond to you, should they choose to do so. I'm done with your posts, here.
Lol i told myself the same thing.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 08:29 AM   #42
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Maybe you should start your own little island in the middle of the pacific where you make the laws and your subjective viewpoint rules.

Could it be that you are wrong and I am right? No... welcome to the real world, holmes.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:29 AM   #43
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
The situation is getting worse, not better. The concern is that it's not just happening in large, urban cities like NY, LA, Miami, etc, where it would be easy to say this happens all the time. But, it's obvious that most of these suburban cops are not being trained to deal with these situations. The minorities don't trust the cops because of the perceived profiling and what has gone on in recent history and the cops feel that their lives are being threatened every time they encounter a minority and thinks they have a weapon. There has to be better education for police departments and this has to start on a national level. Politicians, who are completely useless these days, need to come out and work together and find a way to get these police departments to get serious on training. Not them going on the news and saying, "Oh, this is tragic, this has to stop". I don't know all the answers to this situation. It's not that easy. But, doing nothing is the definition of insanity.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:31 AM   #44
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
There have been multiple studies showing unarmed white males are more likely to be shot by police than unarmed black males; but let's not let facts get in the way of the agrnda here.
Thanks for the tidbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Lol i told myself the same thing.
Haha, waste of bandwidth.

Appreciate 0