BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Half of the functions on the door stops working.

06-09-2023, 04:46 PM   #1
Fredrose
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw X2

Half of the functions on the door stops working.

Hello,

I've had a 2018 bmw X2 for a month now and I've noticed a strange fault. Sometimes most of the buttons on the driver side door stops working and can be broken for days and then suddely start working again. All other doors works fine. It's really annoying.

It's always the same buttons that stop working. The buttons for the windows, mirror control and for the rear hatch. The buttons for the windows and mirrors don't light up either like there is no electricity connected. The button for the rear hatch still lights up but it doesn't work.

The speakers, ambient lights and the buttons for door lock and unlock still works all the time and all functions still works when I use the key instead. I mentioned it to a dealer who guessed it was a battery problem but that doesn't sound right.

Anyone have a idea?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 07:57 PM   #2
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
First check and make sure your battery is working properly, lots of gremlins occur when the battery starts to fail
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 10:56 PM   #3
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

It happened to me once last year when I washed the car and I put water into the driver mirror. I think there was a short circuit with some wires in there.

The reason I think that is after a night below 0 Celcius, the same buttons you mentioned started to work again in the morning. But later during that same day, it stopped. The water must be melted with the sun and the temperature went above zero.

That happened when I used the water hose with a lot of water. Since I am less lazy and use the pressure washer, it never happen again.

Try to dry up the inside of your driver mirror. I guess it should fix your issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 05:08 AM   #4
forgemarco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

There is a TSB from BMW on this, it’s the wiring in the door mirror which can cause issues and as above probably due to moisture. Our wiring/ mirror was replaced under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 02:34 AM   #5
foundinbuffalo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrose View Post
Hello,

I've had a 2018 bmw X2 for a month now and I've noticed a strange fault. Sometimes most of the buttons on the driver side door stops working and can be broken for days and then suddely start working again. All other doors works fine. It's really annoying.

It's always the same buttons that stop working. The buttons for the windows, mirror control and for the rear hatch. The buttons for the windows and mirrors don't light up either like there is no electricity connected. The button for the rear hatch still lights up but it doesn't work.

The speakers, ambient lights and the buttons for door lock and unlock still works all the time and all functions still works when I use the key instead. I mentioned it to a dealer who guessed it was a battery problem but that doesn't sound right.

Anyone have a idea?
This issue might not be a battery problem, but rather a fault with the wiring harness or door control module
Appreciate 0